✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
InnerPhyre said:
When people come out with young Earth arguments saying that dinosaure walked the Earth a couple thousand years ago, I can't help but imagining these people putting their fingers in their ears and saying "lalalalalalaalalalalalalaala"

It seems that way... (and, probably is).

Yet, the existence of dinosaurs do not prove the theory of evolution. There have been multiple (separate) creations. Before Adam was created Satan was the head of this planet's surface. Satan rebelled against God and lost it. When Adam was created he was then given dominion over all the creation, but defaulted it back to Satan when he fell.

At present, all believers in Christ have been called to become winners in the Devil's world. To overcome evil with truth. Jesus said, "the truth will make you free."

Many believers are still in bondage because of accepting lies, and distortions of the truth. One of the biggest problems are denominations. One is always saying, "lalalalalalaalalalalalalaala", to the other. If truth is truth, both sides can not be right. Both sides can be wrong.

Only truth will make you free. Not tradition and the conditioning we receive while growing up. If truth were accepted we would see no denominations. There would be no Catholics. No Protestants. No Pentecostals. Baptists... Anglicans... No..."lalalalalalaalalalalalalaala!" ;)

A great definition I heard for humility, is someone who is correctable and teachable.

" if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14

Being humble can be very painful at times. Humility has to admit that even our parents lied to us at times... Humility understands that The Father's Word has to take precedence over our earthly father's thinking and traditions.

" Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple. And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:25-27 niv

So? You want to be free from, "lalalalalalaalalalalalalaala?"

That freedom only has one source for the believer in Jesus Christ. Its not in traditions, rituals, nor church dogma. It only comes from the Word od God being clarified and taught correctly. For that reason the Catholic Church wanted the head of Martin Luther! Why? Luther knew what the Scriptures teach. He taught them clearly and without fear. For that, they sought his life. Do I hear? "lalalalalalaalalalalalalaala?" :wave:

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." Ephesians 6:12 nasb

That is why we have so many ...

"Lalalalalalaalalalalalalaa/denominations."

Denomination = a system of thinking which justifies error to appear to be truth. Causes division and disharmony in the body of Christ. Refusal to accept truth, with a desire to be on a better team... Lack of humility.

"For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." 2 Timothy 4:3 niv

Sound doctrine is what sets you free. Its anti -"lalalalalalaalalalalala."

"Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers." 1 Timothy 4:16

What's worse? Believeing that dinosaurs roamed this earth six thousand years ago? Or, that we must do penance, pray to the saints, and rosary to please God?

Do I hear a, "lalalalalalaalalalalala?" Coming from somewhere?

We are all in need of correction. All. :)

" Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth." 2 Tim 2:15

Grace and peace, GeneZ

Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
genez said:
It seems that way... (and, probably is).

Yet, the existence of dinosaurs do not prove the theory of evolution. There have been multiple (separate) creations. Before Adam was created Satan was the head of this planet's surface. Satan rebelled against God and lost it. When Adam was created he was then given dominion over all the creation, but defaulted it back to Satan when he fell.

At present, all believers in Christ have been called to become winners in the Devil's world. To overcome evil with truth. Jesus said, "the truth will make you free."

Many believers are still in bondage because of accepting lies, and distortions of the truth. One of the biggest problems are denominations. One is always saying, "lalalalalalaalalalalalalaala", to the other. If truth is truth, both sides can not be right. Both sides can be wrong.

Only truth will make you free. Not tradition and the conditioning we receive while growing up. If truth were accepted we would see no denominations. There would be no Catholics. No Protestants. No Pentecostals. Baptists... Anglicans... No..."lalalalalalaalalalalalalaala!" ;)

A great definition I heard for humility, is someone who is correctable and teachable.

" if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14

Being humble can be very painful at times. Humility has to admit that even our parents lied to us at times... Humility understands that The Father's Word has to take precedence over our earthly father's thinking and traditions.

" Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple. And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:25-27 niv

So? You want to be free from, "lalalalalalaalalalalalalaala?"

That freedom only has one source for the believer in Jesus Christ. Its not in traditions, rituals, nor church dogma. It only comes from the Word od God being clarified and taught correctly. For that reason the Catholic Church wanted the head of Martin Luther! Why? Luther knew what the Scriptures teach. He taught them clearly and without fear. For that, they sought his life. Do I hear? "lalalalalalaalalalalalalaala?" :wave:

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." Ephesians 6:12 nasb

That is why we have so many ...

"Lalalalalalaalalalalalalaa/denominations."

Denomination = a system of thinking which justifies error to appear to be truth. Causes division and disharmony in the body of Christ. Refusal to accept truth, with a desire to be on a better team... Lack of humility.

"For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." 2 Timothy 4:3 niv

Sound doctrine is what sets you free. Its anti -"lalalalalalaalalalalala."

"Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers." 1 Timothy 4:16

What's worse? Believeing that dinosaurs roamed this earth six thousand years ago? Or, that we must do penance, pray to the saints, and rosary to please God?

Do I hear a, "lalalalalalaalalalalala?" Coming from somewhere?

We are all in need of correction. All. :)

" Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth." 2 Tim 2:15

Grace and peace, GeneZ
Please do not use this as an excuse to hijack the thread. If you want to debate Catholic practice that has nothing to do with the OP, I suggest you start a thread in GT. I'll be more than happy to talk to you about it there. For the record though, there were no denominations before Luther, and Catholicism is not a denomination. I also don't recall ever arguing FOR evolution. If you want to know the truth about Catholic belief and practice, stop by OBOB.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
InnerPhyre said:
Please do not use this as an excuse to hijack the thread. If you want to debate Catholic practice that has nothing to do with the OP, I suggest you start a thread in GT. I'll be more than happy to talk to you about it there. For the record though, there were no denominations before Luther, and Catholicism is not a denomination. I also don't recall ever arguing FOR evolution. If you want to know the truth about Catholic belief and practice, stop by OBOB.

Just making a point about the attitude of, "lalalalalalaalalalalalalaala."

No need to debate the other issue. Was not my intention.

Just trying to get you to think while you were putting down others whom you see as being unwilling to think. :)

Grace and peace, GeneZ

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.