Jan 3, 2004
Southern California (OC)
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Pcarpenter:) said:
So, God didn't create the earth and all of it's belongings in 7 actual 24 hour periods....it was more like 7 "time periods"? Very interesting...thank you!
Gah, don't listen to that "7 periods of time" rubbish. Dinosaurs were, in fact, on the earth the same time as humans.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/faq/dinosaurs.asp

Also... I've never seen a hippo with a tail that sways like a cedar. ;)

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL, this subject is quite debatable, even in Christian circles...I'd suggest reading all the info and making up your own mind about it. As for dinosaurs in the Bible, there are those who say the 'bohemoth' and 'leviathan' mentioned were discriptions of dinosaurs...but, as you'll see in this thread I'm sure, it's open to debate. The word 'dinosaur' didn't exist until the 1700's or so, therefore you won't find it written in any Bible, i don't think. I could easily be wrong about that, though...more versions than I can count these days. :)

Love, Heather

Upvote 0

JohnCJ

Mar 17, 2004
✟982.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Nathan8906 said:
Gah, don't listen to that "7 periods of time" rubbish. Dinosaurs were, in fact, on the earth the same time as humans.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/faq/dinosaurs.asp

Also... I've never seen a hippo with a tail that sways like a cedar. ;)
The people trying to refute the age of the earth trying to say its only 6000 years old are liars though only with ignorance. Jesus died for people who sinned ignorantly in service of the Lord so they should be ok.

Upvote 0

Tangnefedd

A Liberal Christian
Feb 10, 2004
✟18,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JohnCJ said:
The people trying to refute the age of the earth trying to say its only 6000 years old are liars though only with ignorance. Jesus died for people who sinned ignorantly in service of the Lord so they should be ok.

OH PLEASE, science has totally disproved that the earth is 6000 years old, believing it to be so is like believing the earth is flat, as no doubt the folk in Biblical times thought it was! IMO the Creation story in the Bible is just one of the many that the ancients came up with to explain the world, and how it got to be as it is!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnCJ

Mar 17, 2004
✟982.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Tangnefedd said:
OH PLEASE, science has totally disproved that the earth is 6000 years old, believing it to be so is like believing the earth is flat, as no doubt the folk in Biblical times thought it was! IMO the Creation story in the Bible is just one of the many that the ancients came up with to explain the world, and how it got to be as it is!

JohnCJ said:
The people trying to refute the age of the earth trying to say its only 6000 years old are liars

:D :D There is no disagrement here !! :D :D

11530921.jpg

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith