May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
A previously unknown swimming lizard. Nice. Not exciting. Not thrilling, but nice. We still find thousands of new plants and animals each year that are living among us. It's not unreasonable to assume occasionally we'd find one that had gone extinct.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟930,698.00
Faith
Atheist
Tell me about it.

I've spent many a night down at the Atheists Social Club & Laundromat, hunched over a plate of Fried Kitten Sandwiches and a bottle of Crème De Menthe, plotting the next Big Lie, while my underwear goes through the Wash Cycle.
OB

I prefer Crème De Corpuscle myself.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟988,487.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
But don't you understand? That's the Crockaduck creationists have long been seeking! Now we know that evolution is false and we must all become right-wing Evangelical Protestants at once.

It appears we may have seriously underestimated Ray Comfort's forensic intellect.

Could this also mean that we now need to reappraise the Banana Proposition?
OB

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟988,487.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I prefer Crème De Corpuscle myself.

Your taste and your income far outstrip mine if you can afford Crème De Corpuscle.

I once had a bottle of Corpuscle as an adjunct to a Poodle Flambé - Magnifique!
OB

• Haha
Reactions: Tinker Grey
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks.
My source was good but yours is better for those not familiar with Australian media.
OB
Sorry. I meant that many of the sources I found with the
story had a high bias potential.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This explanation from the University of Vermont may help you to gain a better understanding of punctuated equilibrium.

Punctuated Equilibrium,
Evolution 101

In simple terms environmental factors will sometimes encourage relatively rapid (in evolutionary terms)speciation.

Another term we will hear more about are genetic switches. Those opposed to
Intelligent Design have found valid excuses to explain how species can evolve
very quickly when needed. Genetic Switches can very quickly alter a species
to adapt to environmental stresses. By focusing on these switches a researcher
can avoid any hint of Intelligent design and can "push back" against any ideas
that evolution is much too slow to do accidently, what it has already done.

The discovery of "Junk DNA" is moving toward the catagory of "Fake News".

• Agree
Reactions: Arius
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, paleontologists know of many detailed examples of fossils intermediate in form between various taxonomic groups. One of the most famous fossils of all time is Archaeopteryx,

Creationists are not seeking a scattering of examples. What they are seeking is scores of examples that should exist if evolution was actually a blind, random force of nature. In that scenario most fossils should be transitional forms in between groups. The vast majority of fossils should be transitional mistakes and mashups.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Creationists are not seeking a scattering of examples. What they are seeking is scores of examples that should exist if evolution was actually a blind, random force of nature. In that scenario most fossils should be transitional forms in between groups. The vast majority of fossils should be transitional mistakes and mashups.
Except that is not what the theory of evolution predicts. There are no tranistional forms between groups, but a common ancestor shared by the two groups. By analogy, you are claiming that there should be a "transitional form" between you and your cousin, when what the theory of evolution predicts is the existence of your grandfather.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In a very real sense, all living species are "transitional forms."

So then no evolutionist should have a problem producing millions of examples. I agree that if evolution proceed randomly by unintelligent mutations then all of biology would be on a spectrum of species. But biologists don't seem to find that, which calls into question their claim of random mutations.

• Agree
Reactions: Arius
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
So then no evolutionist should have a problem producing millions of examples. I agree that if evolution proceed randomly by unintelligent mutations then all of biology would be on a spectrum of species. But biologists don't seem to find that, which calls into question their claim of random mutations.
What? It is a 'spectrum of species.' At this stage of development, just about every ecologial niche is filled.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Duck-like dinosaur with crocodile teeth and clawed flippers so 'peculiar' researchers thought it was fake
Updated Thu at 12:49pmThu 7 Dec 2017, 12:49pm

With a bill like a duck but teeth like a crocodile, a swanlike neck and killer claws, a new dinosaur species uncovered by scientists looks like something Dr Seuss could have dreamed up.

It also had flippers like a penguin, and while it walked like an ostrich it could also swim.

more.....

Is it possible that scientists have actually found the infamous Crocoduck proposed by Creationist Ray Comfort as the required, ultimate proof of the Theory of Evolution?

Probably not - but this weird little collection of biological bits and pieces does demonstrate that species can diverge into new and exotic creatures.

Evolution actually happens.
OB

This is why every time I hear someone claim that the dinosaurs went "extinct" I cringe. Sure, the large ones went extinct, but not all the birds.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
  • Informative
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Where do these white swans come from? In my experience swans are all black.
OB
All swan species native to North America are entirely white, and most swans in general are white. Australia and New Zealand are the only areas black swans are native to.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟988,487.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
All swan species native to North America are entirely white, and most swans in general are white. Australia and New Zealand are the only areas black swans are native to.

(I knew that Sarah. Honestly - I really knew that.)
OB

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
So then no evolutionist should have a problem producing millions of examples.
The problem is not with producing millions of examples. The problem lies with creationists not accepting them as such.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.