• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Difficulty meeting other Christians

Discussion in 'Young Adults' started by Kashina, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Kashina

Kashina New Member

+16
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Has anyone been having a hard time meeting other Christians? I really miss having a solid group of friends and ever since I became born again I slowly stopped talking to my secular friends. It seems hard now to meet people that are serious about Jesus. Any tips?

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. St_Worm2

St_Worm2 Simul Justus et Peccator Supporter

+40,835
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hello @Kashina, how about joining a church? Or a local Bible Study? Or helping out at some kind of parachurch ministry? You know, wherever other believers can be found regularly.

Hey, I just noticed that you are brand new here, so I'd also like to say, WELCOME TO CF :wave:

Praying that the Lord will lead you to a new group or two of believers where you will be able to find regular Christian fellowship :)

God bless you! (Isaiah 40:31)

--David
    p.s. - for the time being, at least you have us here at CF as online Christian friends :oldthumbsup:

1 Thessalonians 5
    23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
    be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

3. Kashina

Kashina New Member

+16
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I have a church, but at the moment we are changing buildings so things are a little stalled and it is just a couple of us. Maybe 1 other person is my age so it's been hard. I'll definitely look to see whats going on in my city. Thank you!

• Like Like x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  4. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,909
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Ask the Lord to lead you to people that you can be friends with. And you've always got Lord Jesus to be your friend. He's available 24/7.

5. St_Worm2

St_Worm2 Simul Justus et Peccator Supporter

+40,835
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hello again @Kashina, if you lived near our church (sadly, you do not), we have a late teen/early - mid 20's group (it's mostly made up of college kids) that meets at our church (but includes college-aged kids from others churches too). Maybe there's a church near you that has something like that?

Our group does some serious Bible Study together, but they also seem to have a LOT of fun too :D

Blessings to you in Christ,
    David

6. GaveMeJoy

GaveMeJoy Well-Known Member

+654
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    There is an app called meetup where you can join groups of like minded people and it has Christian groups. It sounds weird but I tried it and met all sorts of super cool people and go to events occasionally.

church is a solid place to meet Christian friends too. Also you can usually go to events from churches that you might not even attend :)

Good luck on your search, remember what you have up in those friendships that were tearing you down, God will replace with something and some people to build you up! The word says it!!!!
    in CHRIST,
    J

7. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann ...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me Supporter

+9,847
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    welcome wagon.gif May God lead you to a friendly Bible preaching church.

8. Kashina

Kashina New Member

+16
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Thank you, I'll look into meetup!