Midwest
✟158,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A few years ago I bought a Didache Bible for a Bible study I was in. That was the translation they usd. Since then it’s been sitting in a drawer unused. I got it out and started reading it. Is it a good Bible? It has the CCC in it, too.

Last edited:

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,694,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A few years ago I bought a Didache Bible for a Bible study I was in. That was the translation they usd. Since then it’s been sitting in a drawer unused. I got it out and started reading it. Is it a good Bible. It has the CCC in it, too.
I have study bibles and such. I’d like to have a Didache Bible myself.

Reactions: FaithT
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟158,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have study bibles and such. I’d like to have a Didache Bible myself.
It’s pretty neat and while it’s kind of on the thick side, it still fits in my Bible case. I like the way it feels in my hands. The (fake?) leather feels nice.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟158,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When is it supposed to come out? I have either the NT or OT Ignatius but never read it because it’s incomplete. Good to hear they’re combining the two, but I can’t afford to buy any more Bibles. I have about 11 or so. Probably more. Plus hubby has one, too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,244,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
A few years ago I bought a Didache Bible for a Bible study I was in. That was the translation they usd. Since then it’s been sitting in a drawer unused. I got it out and started reading it. Is it a good Bible? It has the CCC in it, too.
It's a good Bible. The basis for it is the RSV-2CE, which is basically a complete RSV with some tweaks to be more fit as a Catholic Bible and then many more tweaks to bring the RSV text up to being more readable in the beginning of the 21st century.

The strength is that it's a good commentary in addition to a good text.

I'm working on the ESV-CE. No commentary whatsoever but a good text, a bit better IMHO than the RSV, which is itself better than most.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟94,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like the commentary.
I am not familiar with Bible commentary, but if I have a question, I can ask you guys, or use the AI installed on the computer, and compare the AI's response to commentary by real people. So, what is the best Catholic Bible? For my posts here on CF, I use the ESV or NIV (not Catholic) as a lot of Protestants do not like Catholicism for some reason, though I do have an Catholic Bible in my place.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟158,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am not familiar with Bible commentary, but if I have a question, I can ask you guys, or use the AI installed on the computer, and compare the AI's response to commentary by real people. So, what is the best Catholic Bible? For my posts here on CF, I use the ESV or NIV (not Catholic) as a lot of Protestants do not like Catholicism for some reason, though I do have an Catholic Bible in my place.
I was away from the RCC for about 5 years. I used the NIV for a long time, then the ESV. My Catholic Bible has always been the NAB until now. I might permanently switch to the Didache. I’ve read a lot of negative comments about the footnotes in the NAB. I don’t know why so many people are anti-Catholic and I wasn’t even aware of it until adulthood. I grew up in a very Catholic area and still live in one now.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟158,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was away from the RCC for about 5 years. I used the NIV for a long time, then the ESV. My Catholic Bible has always been the NAB until now. I might permanently switch to the Didache. I’ve read a lot of negative comments about the footnotes in the NAB. I don’t know why so many people are anti-Catholic and I wasn’t even aware of it until adulthood. I grew up in a very Catholic area and still live in one now.
Which Catholic Bible do you have?

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟94,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was away from the RCC for about 5 years. I used the NIV for a long time, then the ESV. My Catholic Bible has always been the NAB until now. I might permanently switch to the Didache. I’ve read a lot of negative comments about the footnotes in the NAB. I don’t know why so many people are anti-Catholic and I wasn’t even aware of it until adulthood. I grew up in a very Catholicarea and still do.
Mine is the NAB Revised Edition which I got after confirmation in April 2022. Yeah, I have no idea why people are anti-Catholic, but I do dislike praying the Rosary as a Catholic, as it is boring. That prayer takes forever, and I have ADHD, so the Rosary is not for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟158,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Mine is the NAB Revised Edition which I got after confirmation in April 2022. Yeah, I have no idea why people are anti-Catholic, but I do dislike praying the Rosary as a Catholic, as it is boring. That prayer takes forever, and I have ADHD, so the Rosary is not for me.
I bought a NABRE study Bible a few months ago but haven’t used it much.
It’s my understanding that praying the rosary is optional, not a requirement.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟94,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I bought a NABRE study Bible a few months ago but haven’t used it much.
It’s my understanding that praying the rosary is optional, not a requirement.
Yeah, the Rosary is not required. I am not sure the difference between NAB and NAB-RE though.

Upvote 0