did you know that israel annihilated tribe of benjamin for homosexuality?

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was reading judges 19 through 20, that a levite was traveling with his concubine through the city of Gibeah, and basically homosexual men pounded on the door he was staying at and wanted to rape him carnally. Like sodom and gomorrah. But this was a city in Israel, a jewish city, given to homosexuality. the levite said to them to have his concubine and the daughter of the host. (not a good or nice thing by any means, very cowardly in fact). But then what happens next is interesting. They kill the concubine after raping her all night. And in the morning the levite cuts up the woman and sends her to the other eleven tribes of Israel. They come to benjamin ready for war. And they ask benjamin for access to the city to destroy it, and benjamin refuses and says that they will defend the city and battle the rest of the 11 tribes of israel in war. So basically the whole tribe is saying they defend the homosexual city, either because the entire tribe was homosexual or sympathizing with homosexuality. Then Israel battles benjamin and ultimately destroys her. That is as far as I got tonight reading it, but I will read the rest tomorrow. I am posting this for further discussion and to perhaps do a little bible study here.

basically I am shocked that israel was so far into idolatry and worship of other religions, pagan religions that they adopted homosexuality on a state wide level.

its really sad.

some of the conversations are indicating that it was for rape not for homosexuality that they were condemned. And this is not the case: corporate rape was not a problem in that day, it was homosexuality. I doubt corporate israel would condemn a simple rape, beyond just putting the rapist to death. This was a mindset of the community. In fact it wasn't the rape that was the issue. Because the tribe of benjamin would simply have put the people to death for that. A simple biblical solution. It was the worship of baal peor, and thus because it was the worship of a false god, that encompassed grotesque sexual sins such as homosexuality and inappropriate behavior with animals, the entire tribe would have to condemn baal worship, and because israel was steeped in idolatry at the time, they were ok defending the city with it's homosexuality because it was included in their idolatry as well. I am sure that rape was not part of the idolatry, but I could be wrong. I would not see that in any old testament section or history. so they were condoning the homosexuality.

Last edited:

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I am posting this for further discussion and to perhaps do a little bible study here.

I'd be surprised if anyone didn't already know Christianity doesn't approve of homosexuality and non-Christians religions.

basically I am shocked that israel was so far into idolatry and worship of other religions, pagan religions that they adopted homosexuality on a state wide level.

its really sad.

In a forum where Pagans and LGBT community members and supporters frequent, you may want to carefully consider how your message will either bring people to the table or just alienate them further.
(Also, I would argue that it's primarily Christians who want to impose the state religion and state sexuality in the US).

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was reading judges 19 through 20, that a levite was traveling with his concubine through the city of Gibeah, and basically homosexual men pounded on the door he was staying at and wanted to rape him carnally. Like sodom and gomorrah. But this was a city in Israel, a jewish city, given to homosexuality. the levite said to them to have his concubine and the daughter of the host. (not a good or nice thing by any means, very cowardly in fact). But then what happens next is interesting. They kill the concubine after raping her all night. And in the morning the levite cuts up the woman and sends her to the other eleven tribes of Israel. They come to benjamin ready for war. And they ask benjamin for access to the city to destroy it, and benjamin refuses and says that they will defend the city and battle the rest of the 11 tribes of israel in war. So basically the whole tribe is saying they defend the homosexual city, either because the entire tribe was homosexual or sympathizing with homosexuality. Then Israel battles benjamin and ultimately destroys her. That is as far as I got tonight reading it, but I will read the rest tomorrow. I am posting this for further discussion and to perhaps do a little bible study here.

its really sad.

The whole story is about rape, and the treatment of people as 'things', not homosexuality.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The whole story is about rape, and the treatment of people as 'things', not homosexuality.

it was the same issue as sodom and gomorrah.

but with God's people.

I was shocked.

In fact there are many similarities.

But when it's God's people, God demands our own church to deal with the issue.

when it was pagans, God himself intervened.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was reading judges 19 through 20, that a levite was traveling with his concubine through the city of Gibeah, and basically homosexual men pounded on the door he was staying at and wanted to rape him carnally. Like sodom and gomorrah. But this was a city in Israel, a jewish city, given to homosexuality.

While this certainly homosexual rape (HR) it does not follow that the perpetrators were necessarily homosexual. In ancient times HR was a tool of humiliation and control. This practice extends to the present in prison life. There is even evidence that some defeated leaders have been subject to it before they were killed --- King Richard III and Mohmamar Gadhafi come to mind. This sort of brutality has nothing to do with a homosexual orientation in which same sex partners genuinely love each other and wish to be together exclusively for life. The HR incidents in these two Biblical stories are condemned not because of homosexuality but because they were a gross violation of the laws of hospitality.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
While this certainly homosexual rape (HR) it does not follow that the perpetrators were necessarily homosexual. In ancient times HR was a tool of humiliation and control. This practice extends to the present in prison life. There is even evidence that some defeated leaders have been subject to it before they were killed --- King Richard III and Mohmamar Gadhafi come to mind. This sort of brutality has nothing to do with a homosexual orientation in which same sex partners genuinely love each other and wish to be together exclusively for life. The HR incidents in these two Biblical stories are condemned not because of homosexuality but because they were a gross violation of the laws of hospitality.
I'd say the actions violated Leviticus 20:10 as well as leviticus 20:13

The responses here seem to imply that verse 10 is unacceptable but verse 13 is of no consequence to the story. Yet, verse 13 was the actual outcome. Both the concubine and the rapists were killed. The Lord is never mocked, successfully that is.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
they adopted homosexuality on a state wide level
How do you get to here? All Israel came to discipline Benjamin, continually going to the Lord for guidance and refused to allow any to marry them. This issue was unique to Benjamin. And it almost cost Israel a whole tribe, but as always, the Lord is merciful.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

you have absolutely no evidence of this. Homosexuality was a problem among that pagan nations all the way back to lots day, even moses and levitical priesthood further commanded that it was a sin.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How do you get to here? All Israel came to discipline Benjamin, continually going to the Lord for guidance and refused to allow any to marry them. This issue was unique to Benjamin. And it almost cost Israel a whole tribe, but as always, the Lord is merciful.

I am not sure, but the fact that they worshipped baal peor, a particularly wicked sexual cult, most likely brought on all sorts of wickedness, including homosexuality, inappropriate behavior with animals, and coprophelia. Benjamin could have allowed the rest of the 11 tribes to send their military, but they forbid them and said they would defend the city. It would be like the united states cracking down on sanfanscisco, and california backing up san franscisco.

the fact that they did not attack their own city, is proof they condoned the homosexual rape. Probably because they also worshipped false God's like baal peor. ("Baal-peor" is the same as "Beth-peor," and is contracted from "Beth-baal-peor.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
you have absolutely no evidence of this. Homosexuality was a problem among that pagan nations all the way back to lots day, even moses and levitical priesthood further commanded that it was a sin.

I did not attempt to address the sinfulness of homosexuality. I merely introduced some facts that are crucial to the discussion.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did not attempt to address the sinfulness of homosexuality. I merely introduced some facts that are crucial to the discussion.
but they weren't facts, at least not proven facts. You must first establish the HR homosexual rape was a means to merely humble people, and not for a simple pleasure of perversity.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
but they weren't facts, at least not proven facts. You must first establish the HR homosexual rape was a means to merely humble people, and not for a simple pleasure of perversity.

Why don't you prove that it was just for the pleasure of perversity?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you prove that it was just for the pleasure of perversity?

because corporate rape was not a problem in that day, it was homosexuality. I doubt corporate israel would condemn a simple rape, beyond just putting the rapist to death. This was a mindset of the community. In fact it wasn't the rape that was the issue. Because the tribe of benjamin would simply have put the people to death for that. A simple biblical solution. It was the worship of baal peor, and thus because it was the worship of a false god, that encompassed grotesque sexual sins such as homosexuality and inappropriate behavior with animals, the entire tribe would have to condemn baal worship, and because israel was steeped in idolatry at the time, they were ok defending the city with it's homosexuality because it was included in their idolatry as well. I am sure that rape was not part of the idolatry, but I could be wrong. I would not see that in any old testament section or history. so they were condoning the homosexuality.

I added this to the op as well, just FYI

Upvote 0