Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Does anyone else get frustrated trying to balance house cleaning with other things you consider more important? Often, I feel like my hands are tied to a temporal house while my heart yearns to be spending my time doing things that are have more eternal impact.

No. :)

Part of being a Christian is accepting our calling to be where we are, doing what we do. Anyone can dream big, but dreaming small is something else entirely. If the floor needs sweeping but we are too lofty or important to sweep it then that says a lot about our pride. It also says that we think someone else ought to clean our floor, even though we are the ones walking on it. What is that all about?

Philippians 2:3 - Bible Gateway

Philippians tells us to consider everyone else better than ourselves, which means that if the floor needs to be cleaned, the dishwasher filled, the bathrooms tidied or the beds changed, as long as we are capable of doing those things then they are our job.

God will never call us to the big eternal projects until we have the small ones sorted out. And that means the dusting.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I actually tried to clean my home office the past two days but I admit defeat. :sigh: This reminds me of mine (not the decor, just stacks and stacks of papers and books):View attachment 217769 :help:

If it is like that then no wonder you can't cope.

I would suggest not setting out to clean the whole office; just try to do five minutes every day for as long as it takes. Just five minutes of sorting just a few books and papers into 'keep', 'charity shop', 'chuck'. And always empty the bins, every day, either before you start work or when you finish. It will help.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I qualify for home help, but i cannot bring myself to do it

I need to try and keep moving

the more you don't do, the weaker you get

I'll stick to injections and physical therapy, and doing what I can, as I can

• Prayers
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If it is like that then no wonder you can't cope.

I would suggest not setting out to clean the whole office; just try to do five minutes every day for as long as it takes. Just five minutes of sorting just a few books and papers into 'keep', 'charity shop', 'chuck'. And always empty the bins, every day, either before you start work or when you finish. It will help.

Thank you for those tips. God bless!

Martha and Mary
38Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. 39And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. 40But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. 41And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: 42But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Housecleaning.jpg
How to Keep House (for Women and Other Human Beings)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well, Wednesday I shopped until I was about to drop, so yesterday I slept almost all day. I was exhausted. Now I'm wide awake, so I think I'll clean house!
Smiley making-the-bed.gifSmiley DishpanHands.gif Smiley laundry.gif smiley-chores-ironing.gif Smiley vacuum.gif Smiley dusting.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I clean my house every six months, whether it needs it or not :D
LOL.
That's more often than I clean mine, which is only on the 1st day of Spring ehehehe

jbjsMP4.gif

Upvote 0