Did WW II and the Holocaust Help to Ignite Vatican II?

Mattin91

Nov 19, 2019
Midwest
✟1,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This is a period of history I am well acquainted with. First, Pope John Paul II beatified Aloysius Stepinac.

Cardinal Aloysius Stepinac is a Great Martyr

Pope Francis is looking into his history before declaring him a saint and a different history of the time period is reported here:

Pope Francis Discusses Canonisation of Alojzije Stepinac, Praises Serbian Patriarch

Regarding the so-called ratlines. Many people, especially refugees, were looking to get out of Europe. False identity documents, forged passports and so on were made available by various people. For the Catholic Church, a refugee was a refugee.

Information was being received by the Vatican throughout the war, mostly from private parties. And the Church's interest concerned everyone, not just Catholics. When Pope Pius XII heard about atrocities in Eastern Europe, he summoned a high-ranking German official. The Pope spoke perfect German and asked him if these reports were true.

Upvote 0

Scann

Oct 10, 2019
south east asia
✟17,164.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is a period of history I am well acquainted with. First, Pope John Paul II beatified Aloysius Stepinac.

Cardinal Aloysius Stepinac is a Great Martyr

Pope Francis is looking into his history before declaring him a saint and a different history of the time period is reported here:

Pope Francis Discusses Canonisation of Alojzije Stepinac, Praises Serbian Patriarch

Regarding the so-called ratlines. Many people, especially refugees, were looking to get out of Europe. False identity documents, forged passports and so on were made available by various people. For the Catholic Church, a refugee was a refugee.

Information was being received by the Vatican throughout the war, mostly from private parties. And the Church's interest concerned everyone, not just Catholics.
What's your point with all that? :) You asked what was the role of the Vatican so I gave you links of their collaboration with the Ustase.

When Pope Pius XII heard about atrocities in Eastern Europe, he summoned a high-ranking German official. The Pope spoke perfect German and asked him if these reports were true.
The Vatican Role in the Ustasha Genocide in the Independent State of Croatia | Serbianna Analysis
"The full extent and nature of the genocide committed in the NDH was fully known by the Vatican by early 1942. The role and complicity of the Roman Catholic Church in Croatia and Bosnia in the genocide was also fully known. And yet Eugenio Pacelli, Pope Pius XII, did absolutely nothing. In fact, “Pacelli was never anything but benevolent to the leaders and representatives of the Pavelic regime."

Upvote 0

Scann

Oct 10, 2019
south east asia
✟17,164.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This conflicts with the information the Catholic Church has.
If you worked with the Ustase in the past, would you keep information about it?Or if you have documents,would you admit in the open that you have them? ;)

If there is any disagreement, it will have to be worked out by both parties. I consider the charges against the Church in this case to be false.
And I'll consider what Serbianna says to be true in this case.

Upvote 0