Did the Lord Forgive Pharaoh When He Repented?

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟29,490.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I raise this question in the light of a response to the word of the Lord I preached God Will Heal the World and based on 2 Chronicles 7:12 to 14.

This message related to our response to the Covid19 pandemic in light of God’s word and I continue with this in mind so that you may know God’s word is true and God never changes. If we will humble ourselves and pray, repenting of our sin and unbelief and turning to the Lord, he will heal the world.

If you were to read the account of the seven plagues of Egypt you would have to answer, yes, God forgave Pharaoh each time he repented but Pharaoh’s repentance was not continually true and, each time he disobeyed God, another plague followed.

The first plague to bring a change of heart to Pharaoh was the plague of frogs. Moses prayed and the plague was lifted Exodus 8. However we know that Pharaoh did not stay true to his word and God sent another, and another, till at last all the firstborn of Egypt were slain while God kept the Hebrews alive through the Passover.

Through Pharaoh’s word and Moses’ prayer each disaster was lifted but, when Pharaoh reneged on his commitment, another followed.

In this way we see the promise of God given to Solomon in 2 Chronicles 7 was fulfilled but there is a warning to us to be true in our repentance and not false as Pharaoh was.

The same holds true in Jesus’ teaching in the gospel.

Luk 11:24 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.
Luk 11:25 And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.
Luk 11:26 Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

Understand that the prayer of repentance and faith is not to be taken lightly or playfully for God seeks those who will worship him in Spirit and in truth.

However the fact remains, if we will repent and believe, he will heal the world and remove the curse of covid.

I did not merely pray that the Lord would remove covid from the world; I prayed for those who had repented and turned to God that he would fulfill his promise to heal the world. If none should obey God the prayer is irrelevant. However I am persuaded of better things of God that he would take my foolish preaching and convince many to turn, perhaps by first causing his ministers to declare this truth that they may tell it better than I, repent and obey.

Once again I reiterate the word of God, “If people, who hear me call them by my name, will humble themselves and pray, seeking my face and turning from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.”

Will you do this, and will you tell others that they may do it also?

Amen.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God Will Heal the World and based on 2 Chronicles 7:12 to 14.

False exergises, it does not say that God will heal the world, but it says if God's people, the Israelites turn from their sinful ways, humble themselves in repentance and pray then God will forgive their sins and heal their land.

It is a promise aimed at the Israelite nation.
If you are going to say it is for people today, then the majority of a population are going to become Christian in a sudden revival and the changes that brings will start to heal any land/nation.

Covid is not nearly as terrible as the sickness that godlessness results in.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
False exergises, it does not say that God will heal the world, but it says if God's people, the Israelites turn from their sinful ways, humble themselves in repentance and pray then God will forgive their sins and heal their land.

That’s an example of what I would call "rightly dividing the word of truth".

Upvote 0

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟29,490.00
Faith
Pentecostal

If you are going to say it is for people today, then the majority of a population are going to become Christian in a sudden revival and the changes that brings will start to heal any land/nation.

Covid is not nearly as terrible as the sickness that godlessness results in.

We disagree on that. I see no false exergises, only a new covenant continuing through Jesus Christ. Yes, God will heal any land. They saw signs of it in Fiji [I think it was] where poisoned waters were healed and non productive land became fertile as villages turned to Christ. God responds to repentance as he said he would, and I believe it.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yes, there are verses that say God hardened his heart, but there are also plenty of verses that says Pharaoh hardened his heart. We must take all verses on the subject, not just those we want. Also that anything and everything was thought to be done by God, and not always by man's free will. The Jews had a tendency to blame God for everything that went wrong also.

Exo_7:14 And the LORD said unto Moses, Pharaoh's heart is hardened, he refuseth to let the people go.
Exo_7:22 And the magicians of Egypt did so with their enchantments: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, neither did he hearken unto them; as the LORD had said.
Exo_8:15 But when Pharaoh saw that there was respite, he hardened his heart, and hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.
Exo_8:19 Then the magicians said unto Pharaoh, This is the finger of God: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.
Exo_8:32 And Pharaoh hardened his heart at this time also, neither would he let the people go.
Exo_9:34 And when Pharaoh saw that the rain and the hail and the thunders were ceased, he sinned yet more, and hardened his heart, he and his servants.
Exo_9:35 And the heart of Pharaoh was hardened, neither would he let the children of Israel go; as the LORD had spoken by Moses.

In the end, Pharaoh had the same problem that some nowadays have---they do not want to let go of their power over others.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...If you were to read the account of the seven plagues of Egypt you would have to answer, yes, God forgave Pharaoh ...

I think also that God forgave. But, pharaoh returned to the wrong doings when things went well and so earned new judgment.

Upvote 0

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟29,490.00
Faith
Pentecostal
ADVISOR HAT

This thread was moved from The Kitchen Sink General Theology. The Kitchen Sink is not the place for theology discussions.

It was not intended as a theological discussion but an exhortation and encouragement to repent and believe.

Those who wished to discuss the theology of it should have started a new thread.

It would appear you have misunderstood my intention.

Upvote 0