• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Did ocd forced me to tell God that i will do the compulsion later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ocd was telling me to do a compulsion that I did not want to cause I may have made a promise to God.

instead of ignoring, in order to calm down, I said stuff without my will I think like " I will do it later"

they were thoughts without my will due to being scared. and I cant remember if I was saying to God or to my ocd or to myself. it is complicated

time was passing, and I was like " I will do it later" "i will do it later"

I did it but I am not sure if it was the right compulsion, because I no longer remember.

ocd: you may have validated the promise to God by saying to Him that you will do it later. and since you were afraid of a punishment in case of not doing the compulsion, maybe God took it as a deal. just because you said that you will do it later.

I do not remember if I was saying to God or to myself. I just said these words without my will, I think, in order to calm down. I did not want to do the compulsion.

I could not do the compulsion. if it was in my hand, I would have done the compulsion at that moment but I could not. so to calm myself some words popped up like " I will do it later"

but to whom I said that? to God or to myself?

the next hours, I was like " I should not forget to do the compulsion because I may have done an accidental promise to God"

when the right time came, I tried to do the compulsion and I did it. but I am not sure if I did it right or it was the right compulsion.

I worry if God or a higher power or the universe, validated the promise just because the words "i will do it later" popped up without my will.

I do not know how I ended up to this. I mean, I am ill. I have ocd. I told God to protect me from promises. It would have been better if I had ignored the thoughts, than having compulsion in my head and thoughts like " I will do it later"

how can I be sure if I was telling them to myself or not to God?

how can I be sure if they were without my will?

please pray for me

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God doesn't get involved in that 'sick' game, he just understand that you have trouble, and if in any doubt just tell Jesus that you are sorry, and i tell you he welcomes you with love, and doesn't judge you because you have ocd issues, just try not to obey those thoughts, can you just ignore them? even get angry at them, and reject them? i had intrusive thoughts... God cured me, maybe someone can help you with some spiritual help.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.