Site Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
James, blessed are you to call attention to this Psalm. While we can see the prophetic nature of that Psalm for our edification, the Holy Spirit made me realize that the content of that Psalm was being played out like Greek theatre before their very eyes! And yet when He said, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani", they responded with "Oh, he is calling for Elijah!".
Missed it?
Thank you for the kind words, Minister.

Upvote 0

James Honigman

Site Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At least Jesus was forsaken in the meaning the Father let him be crucified. Also Jesus prays to the Father: "Into your hands I commit my spirit" which logically means there was still a connection between the Father and the Son.
Yes, Zoidar. Our Father not only let Him be crucified, but our Beloved let Himself be crucified, for us. It was and is Their plan of redemption for Their children from the beginning.

• Agree
Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, Zoidar. Our Father not only let Him be crucified, but our Beloved let Himself be crucified, for us. It was and is Their plan of redemption for Their children from the beginning.
Consider how much suffering the Lord has endured along with His people.
Isaiah 63:7 I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the Lord
And the praises of the Lord,
According to all that the Lord has bestowed on us,
And the great goodness toward the house of Israel,
Which He has bestowed on them according to His mercies,
According to the multitude of His loving kindnesses.
8 For He said, “Surely they are My people,
Children who will not lie.”
So He became their Savior.
9 In all their affliction He was afflicted,
And the Angel of His Presence saved them;
In His love and in His pity He redeemed them;
And He bore them and carried them
All the days of old.
I have heard the question asked, "How could God let Israel suffer the catastrophe". The real question is why would God allow Himself to suffer such afflictions of man? For His mercy sake.
Mercy toward those who inflict suffering, who should acknowledge their transgression and repent, and Seek the Lord, while He may be found.

Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a good reason; our Lord was identifying Himself as our Messiah, teaching us, and fulfilling prophecy. Our Lord, while He was dying on the cross, was directing us to read that psalm, His crucifixion psalm.
This is a very powerful message. And thank you Thanks be to God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Respectfully, I doubt this is what you meant to infer. Because I can't see how anyone could suffer an eternal torment for three hours?

That is exactly what I meant! What mankind has to suffer in the eternity of torment Jesus suffered in the infinite depths of agony! He paid for all masnkinds sin. One mans sin brings him eternity of time in th elake of fire- Jesus suffered in the infinite depths of agony!

That is what He endured because of His and the Fathers great love for us!!!

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is exactly what I meant! What mankind has to suffer in the eternity of torment Jesus suffered in the infinite depths of agony! He paid for all masnkinds sin. One mans sin brings him eternity of time in th elake of fire- Jesus suffered in the infinite depths of agony!

That is what He endured because of His and the Fathers great love for us!!!
What are infinite depths of agony? I believe the agony Jesus felt is from his ordeal of being beaten scorned and crucified to death. There's no scripture saying Jesus was in the lake of fire (the second death) for three hours.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What are infinite depths of agony? I believe the agony Jesus felt is from his ordeal of being beaten scorned and crucified to death. There's no scripture saying Jesus was in the lake of fire (the second death) for three hours.

that was the physical part- but the God forsakeness He endured in the second half of His 6 hours on the cross was the worst agony. REmember Jesus became sin. God punished every single sin of humanity past , present, and future in Jesus. Jesus suffered an agony we cannot even begin to fathom.

The physical was minor, though very very very painful.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that was the physical part- but the God forsakeness He endured in the second half of His 6 hours on the cross was the worst agony. REmember Jesus became sin. God punished every single sin of humanity past , present, and future in Jesus. Jesus suffered an agony we cannot even begin to fathom.

The physical was minor, though very very very painful.
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

When I read the above, it means to me that Jesus suffered the blame of sin onto his self so that we shouldn't be blamed who believe on him. Jesus didn't transform into sin on the cross.

This is why I believe his blood is a covering for sin that cleanses the conscience of guilt, rather than making one guilty. However if we truly believe on him, then we also must not blame others and carry our own cross likewise, otherwise we are not worthy of his sacrifice and we deny God's grace. In emulating the Christ's Love on the cross, we too become the righteousness of God. Hence righteousness is by grace through faith in Christ.

NIV 2 Corinthians 5:18
18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

Romans 5:18-21
18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,632.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

When I read the above, it means to me that Jesus suffered the blame of sin onto his self so that we shouldn't be blamed who believe on him. Jesus didn't transform into sin on the cross.

This is why I believe his blood is a covering for sin that cleanses the conscience of guilt. However if we truly believe on him, then we also must not blame others and carry our own cross likewise, otherwise we are not worthy of his sacrifice and we deny God's grace. In emulating the Christ's Love on the cross, we too become the righteousness of God. Hence righteousness is by grace through faith in Christ.

18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
And, I may be wrong, but to my understanding most Christians no longer believe in a fiery hell but rather a hell which means shut out from God...a forsakenness by God. Since Jesus suffered hell for us...forsaken by God...this may alll stand for reason. Myself however, I believe in a fiery hell. Most times hell is mentioned fire is also.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

This is why I believe his blood is a covering for sin that cleanses the conscience of guilt, rather than making one guilty. However if we truly believe on him, then we also must not blame others and carry our own cross likewise, otherwise we are not worthy of his sacrifice and we deny God's grace. In emulating the Christ's Love on the cross, we too become the righteousness of God. Hence righteousness is by grace through faith in Christ.

Then you need to read it as it is written, instead of thinking what it means. It is crystal clear what Paul is saying! God di not make Jesus to take the blame for our sin, God the Father made Jesus to be sin!

It was the blood of OT lambs that covered sin. Jesus' blood washes away sin!

We will can never in and of ourselves to be worthy of His sacrifice, no matter what level of holiness we may attain to! He freely through His Grace make us worthy!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then you need to read it as it is written, instead of thinking what it means. It is crystal clear what Paul is saying! God di not make Jesus to take the blame for our sin, God the Father made Jesus to be sin!

It was the blood of OT lambs that covered sin. Jesus' blood washes away sin!

We will can never in and of ourselves to be worthy of His sacrifice, no matter what level of holiness we may attain to! He freely through His Grace make us worthy!
Since the Christ defeated "the accuser" (the devil) through death, it doesn't make sense that God turned Jesus into sin. It makes sense that God meant for Jesus to be an offering for sin, for us, according to the law.

Colossians 2-14-15
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

1 John 3:8
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Ephesians 2:3
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Hebrews 2:14
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, He did say those words, but we, as believers upon Him, need to understand WHY He said those words. There is a good reason; our Lord was identifying Himself as our Messiah, teaching us, and fulfilling prophecy.

You didn't look into Jesus eyes and see God. If that were the case, with a glace He would have healed the world. What you saw in Jesus was fully a man with a fully human experience, who was given the gift of the Holy Spirit in the womb. Jesus was connected spiritually to the Father through faith...that was given to Him as a gift. Jesus was fully human and in anguish about His death, just as we all are. His death would mean nothing if He did not suffer the same as we will at death. But He kept His Faith through death and was rewarded with a new life.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since the Christ defeated "the accuser" (the devil) through death, it doesn't make sense that God turned Jesus into sin. It makes sense that God meant for Jesus to be an offering for sin, for us, according to the law.

Colossians 2-14-15
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

1 John 3:8
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Ephesians 2:3
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Hebrews 2:14
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

You only look at one aspect. He became a sin offering and sin itself!!!!

2 Cor. 5: 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The greek word sin here is harmartia which means sin, if God meant it to be a sin offering he would have used the word hilasmos.

It doesn't matter whether it makes sense or not- it is what God says. It is not our job to make sense of it, but to accept it!

Upvote 0