Did Fulton Sheen Prophesy About These Times?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“The only way out of this crisis is spiritual. ... The time is nearer than you think.”

Did Archbishop Fulton Sheen prophesy about these times?

In a talk 72 years ago, Bishop Fulton Sheen appeared as visionary as prophets of old.

“We are at the end of Christendom.” Archbishop Fulton Sheen said during a talk in 1947. Making clear he didn’t mean Christianity or the Church, he said, “Christendom is economic, political, social life as inspired by Christian principles. That is ending — we’ve seen it die. Look at the symptoms: the breakup of the family, divorce, abortion, immorality, general dishonesty.”

Prophetic then, he was already a visionary and forewarning in the Jan. 26, 1947, radio broadcast.

Continued below.

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe he did.

I have been engaging in a study of late, comparing verses of Scripture relating to the end of days with predictions made by Our Lady in various apparitions, and those made by various saints throughout the ages, and juxtaposing them with what we're seeing on the news every day.

It's unsettling. Jesus told His disciples, "You will hear of wars and rumors of wars." In the last seven days, I have read of saber-rattling or defensive posturing by Russia, Belarus, North Korea, China, Britian, France, Finland, Sweden, Iran, and the erstwhile United States. There are the ongoing wars in Ukraine and Israel.

Mary and the Scriptures speak of "stars falling from the sky", of spreading sickness, of three days of darkness. This could be interpreted as ICBMs and clouds of radioactive dust, leading to radiation poisoning. It could also be interpreted as actual comet or meteorite strikes. Or of pyroclastic clouds from volcanic activity.

Mary and the saints talk about "new diseases" at the end; we've had Covid already. The WHO and the CDC constantly prattle on the news about new strains developing that they don't know what to do about.

Jesus and the saints talk about natural disasters---famines, tsunamis, earthquakes, darkening of the sun and the moon, all sorts of things that will cause terror among the human population of the planet. We hear all the time about global climate change, of volcanic activity, of famines, of water shortages, of floods, of gigantic fires, of glacial collapse, of the ocean currents shutting down.

Jesus and Paul speak of a "great falling away", of people losing their faith due to the increase of wickedness. Christianity in the West is rapidly disappearing----young people count themselves as "nones" when it comes to religion; and masses of people are leaving churches of all types. Mary has spoken of dissentions in the Church, of bishop against bishop. I don't have to tell anybody that since the election of Bergoglio as pope and things like the German synod and homosexual blessings, we could hardly call ecclesial relations cordial.

So, did Archbishop Sheen speak prophetically? You tell me. :(

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe he did.

I have been engaging in a study of late, comparing verses of Scripture relating to the end of days with predictions made by Our Lady in various apparitions, and those made by various saints throughout the ages, and juxtaposing them with what we're seeing on the news every day.

It's unsettling. Jesus told His disciples, "You will hear of wars and rumors of wars." In the last seven days, I have read of saber-rattling or defensive posturing by Russia, Belarus, North Korea, China, Britian, France, Finland, Sweden, Iran, and the erstwhile United States. There are the ongoing wars in Ukraine and Israel.

Mary and the Scriptures speak of "stars falling from the sky", of spreading sickness, of three days of darkness. This could be interpreted as ICBMs and clouds of radioactive dust, leading to radiation poisoning. It could also be interpreted as actual comet or meteorite strikes. Or of pyroclastic clouds from volcanic activity.

Mary and the saints talk about "new diseases" at the end; we've had Covid already. The WHO and the CDC constantly prattle on the news about new strains developing that they don't know what to do about.

Jesus and the saints talk about natural disasters---famines, tsunamis, earthquakes, darkening of the sun and the moon, all sorts of things that will cause terror among the human population of the planet. We hear all the time about global climate change, of volcanic activity, of famines, of water shortages, of floods, of gigantic fires, of glacial collapse, of the ocean currents shutting down.

Jesus and Paul speak of a "great falling away", of people losing their faith due to the increase of wickedness. Christianity in the West is rapidly disappearing----young people count themselves as "nones" when it comes to religion; and masses of people are leaving churches of all types. Mary has spoken of dissentions in the Church, of bishop against bishop. I don't have to tell anybody that since the election of Bergoglio as pope and things like the German synod and homosexual blessings, we could hardly call ecclesial relations cordial.

So, did Archbishop Sheen speak prophetically? You tell me. :(
I believe he did and he was pretty spot on as far as I’m concerned. The Marian prophecies I used to take with a grain of salt…yet here we are. It frightening when you really think about it.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely!

I believe he is already in heaven. Praying for his solemn beatification followed by canonization. May he pray for us before the throne of God!
He was supposed to be declared a Saint years ago. I still want to know what is up with that…

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0