PureTruth7

Oct 26, 2014
✟7,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible says Adam and Eve sinned, and so they sinned. The tree of knowledge of good and evil was placed there to test their loyalty to God, and the only place Satan was allowed to tempt them was at the tree of knowledge. Adam and Eve have already been adequately informed about Satan, sin, his plans, etc. They knew what sin is, "transgression of the law" 1 John 3:4. Then when they ate the apple, they now are disobedient to God and suffer the deadly effects of sin. If Adam and Eve did not sin, they never had to die, and Christ never had to be tortured on the cross and die of heartbreak there. Why God allowed Satan there? Well, there is something called free will.

To say they didn't sin, which is contrary to the Scriptures said, is heresy.

By the way, evil is the result of absence of God's Spirit, just like cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light.

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why was he testing them with satan to tempt them?
What it says is that sin or the transgression was brought into the world by Adam traansgresing the law. His action and choices did cause sin to come into the world but he did so without the understanding of his choices or the consequences of them. He did transgress the law and sin entered the world but to justice it did not matter whether it was a sin or transgression with knowledge and understanding Orr transgression with out knowledge or understanding the consequences are the same.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Ms. Claire:

Isaiah is certainly a very searching passage.

It's remarkable how Old and New Testament truth tie in together in the Person of the Redeemed, though they were penned hundreds of years apart.

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

pastor marty

May 18, 2015
✟1,571.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Get out more F/boy. Yer way overthinkin' all this. Why ? Maybe ? Coulda,shoulda,wooda ! It is what it is. Adam/eve equally goofed.God knows the future/stores that knowledge in a computer the size of Jupitor, so He can B delighted;amused; or angry by how history unfolds.Und dat, mein finer youngin' is der Gospel Truth. U can trust Unkle Marty !

Upvote 0

pastor marty

May 18, 2015
✟1,571.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They had no idea what death was. They didn't know who satan was or his plan. Where does it say Adam knew.
Like U never did somthin' & then thought,"Oh, [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], Moms gonna kill me ??"

Upvote 0

pastor marty

May 18, 2015
✟1,571.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Read my reply @ fatboy. Why,why,why! I applaud your sincerity & honest questioning.IT IS WHAT IT IS ! Go walk a dog,get an ice-cream-unwind . marty

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pastor marty

May 18, 2015
✟1,571.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like U never did somthin' & then thought,"Oh, [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], Moms gonna kill me ??"
The colloquial form for the word 'excrement' is an expletive not a curse. Just like "toro excrete" is a fancy way 2 say 'Bull***t'. If you want 2 be a censor get your "Websters" together. W/Love-me

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The consequences meant nothing to them. They didn't understand the laws

Upvote 0