Did 600 Murders Take Place in Chicago Last Weekend?

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
S
The point is the crime in Chicago, yet another murderous city in ruination run by Democrats, is really, really bad (especially for those who actually die!) Probably misinterpreted from "shot" to "killed"?

Chicago Neighborhoods Under Siege: 12 Dead In Shocking Gun Violence; ‘Our Souls Are Burdened,’ Says Mayor Emanuel
By Suzanne Le MignotAugust 6, 2018 at 10:00 pm
CHICAGO (CBS)—The shootings that gripped Chicago over the weekend were shocking, even by Chicago’s standards.

By Monday morning, 12 people were killed and 54 were wounded in shootings across four neighborhoods on the city’s south and west sides.

ADVERTISING
The weekend of August 4-5 was one of Chicago’s most violent periods in recent history, yet police admitted no arrests had been made in the wake of the violence.

CHICAGO (CBS) — At least 30 people have been shot in Chicago since midnight.

Two of them have died. Shooting victims poured into emergency rooms across the city throughout the night.

ADVERTISING
CBS 2’s Vi Nguyen reports.

It has been a very busy Sunday morning for police. CPD is investigating 11 different shootings across the city. In the Gresham neighborhood alone eight people were shot. Three of the victims under the age 18.

11 killed and nearly 70 wounded in Chicago weekend shootings
  • By The Associated Press
  • Aug 6, 2018
8 Dead, at Least 54 Wounded in Chicago Weekend Shootings
Published at 4:49 PM CDT on Aug 19, 2017 | Updated at 7:06 AM CDT on Aug 21, 2017 https://www.nbcchicago.com/.../chicago-weekend-violence-august-18-to-20th-44108...

The problem as seen by many in the USA is that residents are not allowed to own firearms in their homes, or they weren't allowed... but the gun laws are pretty strict there. The thugs get them on the street, good citizens have no protection.

With no gun stores in Chicago and no background check loopholes for private sales, one thing is clear. The guns being used to kill people on the streets aren’t originating in Chicago. They’re coming from someplace else.
Trump stated this was very easy problem to fix.

If Trump has not fixed what do you think is reason he is doing nothing as people die when he could easily fix?

And why do you think Trump administration representative repeatedly lie about number of shooting in Chicago?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Trump stated this was very easy problem to fix.

If Trump has not fixed what do you think is reason he is doing nothing as people die when he could easily fix?

And why do you think Trump administration representative repeatedly lie about number of shooting in Chicago?

Trump is fully capable of resolving the gun violence in Chicago. However, he is constrained by a system of checks and balances that don't allow him absolute power. If only Trump could be an autocrat, that would solve so many problems. What do you think?

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump is fully capable of resolving the gun violence in Chicago. However, he is constrained by a system of checks and balances that don't allow him absolute power. If only Trump could be an autocrat, that would solve so many problems. What do you think?

It might solve a few, but it would create MANY more!

(and that applies to ANY president, not just Trump).

Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
It might solve a few, but it would create MANY more!

(and that applies to ANY president, not just Trump).

I disagree. Trump should be dictator of the United States. I'd prefer a strongman over a weenie, democratically-elected community organizer any day!

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I find that I would rather not live in dictatorship such as you describe. Unfortunately Trump uses worse of tactics used by such leaders.

A brief history of 'Lügenpresse,' the Nazi-era predecessor to Trump's 'enemy of the people'.

I think it is better to have free press. A free press that expose repeated lies of Trump administration spokespeople such as we see in OP.

Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I find that I would rather not live in dictatorship such as you describe. Unfortunately Trump uses worse of tactics used by such leaders.

A brief history of 'Lügenpresse,' the Nazi-era predecessor to Trump's 'enemy of the people'.

I think it is better to have free press. A free press that expose repeated lies of Trump administration spokespeople such as we see in OP.

I strongly disagree. We need a press that is controlled by a rightist autocracy to benefit the people. Some people may not like the concept of "unfree" press, but it's important to remember that strong measures must be taken to ensure the public good and safety of society.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I strongly disagree. We need a press that is controlled by a rightist autocracy to benefit the people. Some people may not like the concept of "unfree" press, but it's important to remember that strong measures must be taken to ensure the public good and safety of society.
Calling a Poe! :yellowcard:
tulc(10 yards and a down loss) :wave:

Upvote 0