• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dictation theory, Jesus and the high priest

Discussion in 'Exposition & Bible Study' started by jesus316, Oct 20, 2017.

1. jesus316

jesus316 All Truth is in Jesus

+304
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I am mystified by the passages about the trial of Jesus by the high priest. (Matthew 26:57) (Mark 14:53) (Luke 22:54) (John 18:13)

To summarize: it says: The high priest said, "such and such". Then..., Jesus said, "such and such".

I notice the quotes of each don't match among the four gospel accounts. How can this be if the Holy Spirit dictated these accounts to the gospel writers?

2. disciple1

disciple1 Newbie

+465
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I don't know if this is the case or not, but the word of God is still good.
    Jeremiah chapter 8 verse 8
    "'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. YesMe

YesMe Member

+159
    Christian
    Private
    I do believe that every gospel provides more or less information about what happened.One gospel may say that one thing happened in a situation, another gospel may add even more information about that particual situation.It's normal, there are 4 gosepls written by four people, every single one having a "different" view of what happened but all of them telling the truth and having the same common point, Jesus.

You know that there are other gospels too? They are not included in the Bible, from what I've read, the other gospels don't share the same views witht the ones included in the Bible.Some say that these other gospels are fake.

4. jesus316

+304
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Thank you for your inspiring comment.

5. jesus316

+304
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Thank you for your succinct comment.

Yes, I've heard of people stitching together the corresponding statements from the four gospels to make a long verse, a mega-verse. I don't think this works in the example I gave. See for yourself; maybe I've missed something.

6. jesus316

+304
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Yes, I only accept the four gospels in the canon of scripture. Thank you.