Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I've been struggling a lot with rash judgement and backbiting, due to my liberal parish and my own moral weakness. So I've decided to open up this thread to speak with liberal Catholics directly if there are any on Christian Forums, or if there any Catholics who take the faith seriously but have disagreements with Traditional Catholicism.

My problem is that I have a bit of an inferiority complex when it comes to Liberal Catholics (and some of them do, do speak and think this way). The impression I get from Liberal Catholics is that when they look at my beliefs, they think I am just some narrow-minded bigot, who does not really love God, but just wants to put down others and impose my own shallow views on others. But this is not true, I love God, I adore Him and I want to do everything for Him, bending over backwards for Him!

It's not about me it's about Him, He is Truth Himself, it doesn't matter what I feel. If the Catholic Church is not about doing what God wants, than why bother? Why should I stay here? If the it's just about feeling good, than I can go find better ways of doing that, than the Catholic Church. I'm here because I want to conform my life with reality, that's the only comfort and joy I get out of this. And it's the only comfort and joy we should expect to get out of this. If you believe the purpose of the Catholic Church is not to live in accordance with reality, why are you here? Why aren't you looking for the truth somewhere else? Why not leave the Church? So that you can rid yourself of all the things the Church got wrong, and see the truth clearly? Don't get me wrong, I don't want you doing that, I'm just saying you're not getting out of the Church what you should, and it's not only hurting you, it's hurting others, I want you to wake up and understand that!

So, that's all I have to say to you Liberal Catholics for now. Now you go ahead and ask me questions, ask anything you want, I'm more than willing to listen and reply, just be open-minded to the truth and try not to get angry.

• Winner
Reactions: pdudgeon

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are best off asking this question at The Lord's Table where they all congregate amongst themselves. What is a liberal Catholic anyway? Or a conservative one? They are both false terms imo.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
You are best off asking this question at The Lord's Table where they all congregate amongst themselves. What is a liberal Catholic anyway? Or a conservative one? They are both false terms imo.
I went to a gay bar once. It was so strange.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's not about me it's about Him, He is Truth Himself, it doesn't matter what I feel.

And there you have it, the reality of the situation.
Where this becomes difficult is that the vast majority are completely concerned/consumed by how they feel. It is all about themselves, and ONLY THEMSELVES. The truth of the matter does not impress them.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good luck. I'm just tired of the white hat/black hat narrative. People caring more about their politics than brethren they regularly villianize. They shun brethern while talking about compassion in theory by the serial killer getting ready to be executed in the news. Yet despise and gossip about their brethern. There is nothing but Catholic. The Church has said as much. We are defined by our faith and how we follow it. No matter how we identify or how relevant and we try to present ourselves. But you know, it is easier to notice things when you are in the outside looking in. I personally, as as Anhelyna said, think this should be closed here and discussed in TLT. Or you could cut to the chase and discuss it with the priest in your parish. I do not think this will turn out well here.
Okay, it's up: A Dialogue with Liberal Catholics (for the Lord's "Table")

Please pray for me, that I may cast aside all cowardice and boldly speak the Truth in Love.

Also feel free to keep discussing this topic here.

I agree, the only real Catholic is a Saint, we're all still converting to the One True Faith.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
You're too cute!
tenor.gif

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Good luck. I'm just tired of the white hat/black hat narrative. People caring more about their politics than brethren they regularly villianize. They shun brethern while talking about compassion in theory by the serial killer getting ready to be executed in the news. Yet despise and gossip about their brethern. There is nothing but Catholic. The Church has said as much. We are defined by our faith and how we follow it. No matter how we identify or how relevant and we try to present ourselves. But you know, it is easier to notice things when you are in the outside looking in. I personally, as as Anhelyna said, think this should be closed here and discussed in TLT. Or you could cut to the chase and discuss it with the priest in your parish. I do not think this will turn out well here.
I would disagree that the thread should be closed.
this is the main forum where all Catholics gather and both sides of the coin should be allowed to be heard---not so as to denigrate each other, but to allow some light to be shed on the subject so that the air can be cleared.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.