~InHisHands~

At the feet of Jesus
Sep 3, 2006
✟18,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I feel really rotten this morning. I feel peace and joy and misery all at the same time. I'm struggling with 3 or 4 issues at the same time. Part of me wants to throw in the towel. The strong part of me keeps hanging in there and pressing on. I don't know why, though. Maybe it's no longer my strength that's doing the pressing on.
Since I've pressed on and been obedient...I have been able to spend the past 16 days trying to quit smoking. That's been successful. I've managed to drop a few pounds over the past few days. And things have been getting better at work. Now...if I had not obeyed God on these issues...I'd still be where I was 16 days ago. I know it will get better. I have to be patient on my end of it. I am not good at being patient. Never have been. ~Grin~ But hey, I'll give it a shot. ;)
I'm not using this thread to brag about myself. I'm trying to simply stress the point that when we obey...we will be blessed.
Have a good day. :)

Upvote 0

HisBelovedMelody

Jan 3, 2006
✟10,896.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
I feel really rotten this morning. I feel peace and joy and misery all at the same time. I'm struggling with 3 or 4 issues at the same time. Part of me wants to throw in the towel. The strong part of me keeps hanging in there and pressing on. I don't know why, though. Maybe it's no longer my strength that's doing the pressing on.
Since I've pressed on and been obedient...I have been able to spend the past 16 days trying to quit smoking. That's been successful. I've managed to drop a few pounds over the past few days. And things have been getting better at work. Now...if I had not obeyed God on these issues...I'd still be where I was 16 days ago. I know it will get better. I have to be patient on my end of it. I am not good at being patient. Never have been. ~Grin~ But hey, I'll give it a shot. ;)
I'm not using this thread to brag about myself. I'm trying to simply stress the point that when we obey...we will be blessed.
EXCELLENT points. God bless you Red. Keep on going...you are doing great!

Upvote 0

nicholzac

Legend
Aug 1, 2006
Florida
✟35,060.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello..happy to hear your still not smoking..hugs to you

001970eb.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ForHisGlory

You're Invited To My Mansion In The Sky
Jun 3, 2006
GA
✟36,497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good Morning Everyone,

Everyone has a song within them. The song of their
life, the song of hopes, dreams, failures, hurt and pain.
We sing it whether we know it or not.

Some of the sweetest songs ever composed came
out of great pain and suffering and turned into a revelation
in the heart of those going through that suffering.

Some of the sweetest melodies birds sing are sung
in the night watches. The song of a mockingbird
is beautiful, and they usually sing the most magnificently
in the darkness. A nightingale is said to have the
sweetest melody known to man, and usually sings
during the night hours, a sweet sad melody that
seems born out of sadness. But beautiful enough
to inspire many people to write poems about their song.
Magnificent in beauty, a melody born out of dark moments.

I think many of the times I am most troubled and lay
wakeful I turn it into a prayer. And when the presence
of the Lord ministers to me and comforts me that
all shall be well, and I am not alone, I feel the song
come forth in my spirit even though I have many troubles
to deal with. It is sweet but sad, but hopeful.
How can all these things exist in the human spirit
at the same time?

Because we are many faceted, not even fully
understanding our own emotions. We do understand
our failures and flaws.. and when we address them,
and address our troubles and work on them
and talk to God, it becomes a song of triumph.

Because we have gone through the valley
and entered the mountain of rest and found sustenance.

Sing, sing a song
Sing out loud
Sing out strong
Sing of good things not bad
Sing of happy not sad.

Sing, sing a song
Make it simple to last
Your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not
Good enough for anyone
Else to hear
Just sing, sing a song.

Sing, sing a song
Let the world sing along
Sing of love there could be
Sing for you and for me.

Sing, sing a song
Make it simple to last
Your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not
Good enough for anyone
Else to hear
Just sing, sing a song.

written by Joe Raposo.

My friends, no matter your circumstances, your life
can still be a song. Multi faceted, joyful, sad, triumphant,
resplendant with experience and wisdom.

Make it a song that all can hear, and sing it with
spirit and vitality. Your life is a gift.. treat it that way.

Upvote 0

ForHisGlory

You're Invited To My Mansion In The Sky
Jun 3, 2006
GA
✟36,497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I care! I've never stopped caring hon. I feel big time guilty this past week not being able to get by everyones threads and say hi and how much I love and miss you all.
HUGS!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~InHisHands~

At the feet of Jesus
Sep 3, 2006
✟18,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
let your soul be the good soil for God to plant seed in. he needs you in order to plant seed that will grow. when we grow...we can plant more seed and help others to grow. if we allow the devil to step in like the thorns and choke the word of God out of us then we have no place for the seed to take root. let the word of God be a seed inside of you and grow from there.

Upvote 0

~InHisHands~

At the feet of Jesus
Sep 3, 2006
✟18,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When Paul wrote, "To live is Christ" in Philippians 1:21, he was referring to Jesus living and working through us in the Holy Spirit's power. That doesn't mean we think of Christ every second of the day, but we do make God's will our first consideration when making plans or interacting with others.
In order to live our lives for Christ we have to allow the Lord to live through us in every situation. We have to totally surrender our own desires and let his desires be the ones that take control of how we handle things.

Upvote 0

Abigayle's Legacy

Senior Contributor
Aug 9, 2006
✟29,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I feel for you and empathize with your pain.
You are in my prayers.:groupray: I send love... in Chirst. G

Upvote 0