Texas
✟16,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the Bible, it is mentioned that you can devote things to God (Leviticus?), when I found this out, I prayed to God, praying to devote everything in my life that I could to him, but I'm terrified that if I can devote things to God, they could be also devoted to satan, I'm terrified that if I can devote things to the Lord, they could be devoted to satan, I'm terrified of making one wrong thought and accidentally devoting something to satan (if that is how it works?), I want to devote everything I can in my life to the Lord, but I don't know if I'm supposed to devote individual things to him, or if I can sort of devote all of them in my life to him with just one prayer. This has been stressing me out for weeks and if someone could provide me with an answer that could give me closure, that would be absolutely amazing.

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm worried about accidentally devoting something to satan and having that object in my life become a sin unto itself.
There is no reason to worry about that. You can't "accidentally devote something to Satan." God knows your heart and your spirit, He isn't concerned about your physical things, because ultimately they don't matter.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the Bible, it is mentioned that you can devote things to God (Leviticus?), when I found this out, I prayed to God, praying to devote everything in my life that I could to him, but I'm terrified that if I can devote things to God, they could be also devoted to satan, I'm terrified that if I can devote things to the Lord, they could be devoted to satan, I'm terrified of making one wrong thought and accidentally devoting something to satan (if that is how it works?), I want to devote everything I can in my life to the Lord, but I don't know if I'm supposed to devote individual things to him, or if I can sort of devote all of them in my life to him with just one prayer. This has been stressing me out for weeks and if someone could provide me with an answer that could give me closure, that would be absolutely amazing.
When you make Jesus the Lord and Savior of your life and you completely surrender to Him, it means everything you own, including your body, family, possessions and your whole life belongs to Him. The way I see it is, I don't own anything. Everything I have belongs to God, He just lent it to me.

Also, please remember...
For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

Upvote 0

7Cobalt

Jun 17, 2020
Texas
✟16,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for your responses, you've definitely calmed my fears. I struggle against anxiety and intrusive thoughts daily, I'm scared that if I'm not in perfect condition (clean clothes, perfect hygiene) then God won't hear my prayers, honestly I know it's kinda illogical but I'm worried I've got a mental disorder and this was like the #1 worry I had in my life, thanks for resolving it.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't worry, God loves you and protects you. You are held in His hands and no power of evil can prevail against you.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Devote all that you have and all that you are to Almighty God. If He has it, how can Satan get a hold of it? God won't give what is His to the devil! It's known as consecration. It's the start of the Christian life. Unconsecrated Christians are just going through the motions, as Israel wandered in the wilderness.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your responses, you've definitely calmed my fears. I struggle against anxiety and intrusive thoughts daily, I'm scared that if I'm not in perfect condition (clean clothes, perfect hygiene) then God won't hear my prayers, honestly I know it's kinda illogical but I'm worried I've got a mental disorder and this was like the #1 worry I had in my life, thanks for resolving it.
One of the best things from God is that He welcomes us just as we are. I remember I used to pray about what I thought He wanted me to pray; His expectations. One day, after praying for a while, I heard Him say, "Ok, I heard your prayer, but what do YOU really want to pray about?" I always assumed He wanted me to pray and do things His way. Ever since, I've been praying honest, straight forward prayers, and if I know I should pray for something or someone but I don't have the heart for it, I ask Him for His heart.

Come as you are, with your anxiety and your fears. If He wants you to do something or behave or dress a certain way is never out of expectancy/religion, but out of identity. Christians don't behave a certain way to be someone, we do because of who we are; Children of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm worried about accidentally devoting something to satan and having that object in my life become a sin unto itself.

That's not how it works. Don't worry about things like this, instead set your mind on Christ and what He has done for you, trust in Him, and love your neighbor. God doesn't need your things, and the devil doesn't get to have anything, Jesus has your back.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This has been stressing me out for weeks and if someone could provide me with an answer that could give me closure, that would be absolutely amazing.
Jesus guarantees us "rest for your souls" (Matthew 11:28-30) while we obey Him. And He clearly says not to fear.

Trust God to make sure you do things right with Him; and when we fail, we can trust God to change us to do better >

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
.And lean not on your own understanding;
.In all your ways acknowledge Him,
.And He shall direct your paths."
. . . . . . . . . .
(Proverbs 3:5-6)

I struggle against anxiety and intrusive thoughts daily,
Anxiety is wrong > God's word says >

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

I'm worried I've got a mental disorder
Anxiety is disorder against how God's peace is able to guard our minds and our hearts.

Now . . . I offer > all of us can have disorder of things which are trespassing in our minds and hearts. So, you are getting some feeling, then, for what can happen in any of us, in one way or another. And you can use your experience, then, to help you feel for others; but also you can be blessed with how God is able to make us more deeply strong and stable, so then you can minister this to others. You can encourage others with how God has strengthened you and has you living in submission to Him in His peace >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

And possibly you can share with people you know personally, who are mature Christian people who can help you with this, and then you can help one another.

• Agree
Reactions: Mokelizer
Upvote 0

7Cobalt

Jun 17, 2020
Texas
✟16,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank y'all for answering my questions, you've definitely cleared up my main concerns, but my other concern was that I was worried specific actions could be devoted to the devil accidentally because of your thoughts, therefore doing that action would become a sin, that's impossible, right?

Upvote 0