England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have been thinking recently about how good habits are formed in our lives. For example,'washing our hands'. With the danger of Covid-19 this is an important habit to develop. I find it helpful to recite,'The Lord's Prayer' or ,'Psalm 23' and other passages of Scripture,as I thoroughly wash my hands.

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is a good idea to do The Lord's Prayer or Psalm 23. I guess with a toddler, I learned Happy Birthday (or the odd squad theme song is cute), but this would be a lot more beneficial, spiritually. :) :D :clap:

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I have been thinking recently about how good habits are formed in our lives. For example,'washing our hands'. With the danger of Covid-19 this is an important habit to develop. I find it helpful to recite,'The Lord's Prayer' or ,'Psalm 23' and other passages of Scripture,as I thoroughly wash my hands.
While I was growing up (I'm 65 now) my family had daily devotions during which we sang songs in four part harmony to the accompaniment of piano and other instruments (my parents had 9 kids -a very musical family) and read Scripture and memorized much of it. We used the KJV for the most part, which has a poetic feel and is apt for memorizing. (Interestingly, that helps with my Bible studying now, as other versions contrast or affirm what I remember hearing.) But yeah, not only was this habit (or tradition), particularly the Scripture memory, helpful for study and theology but more importantly, for my walk with the Lord and my love for the Lord.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
While I was growing up (I'm 65 now) my family had daily devotions during which we sang songs in four part harmony to the accompaniment of piano and other instruments (my parents had 9 kids -a very musical family) and read Scripture and memorized much of it. We used the KJV for the most part, which has a poetic feel and is apt for memorizing. (Interestingly, that helps with my Bible studying now, as other versions contrast or affirm what I remember hearing.) But yeah, not only was this habit (or tradition), particularly the Scripture memory, helpful for study and theology but more importantly, for my walk with the Lord and my love for the Lord.
Sounds good,'Mark'. Daily devotions and memory verses are good

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Daily periods of silence and introspection are helpful. Silence allows us to still our thoughts and rest. Experts agree we’re mentally overstimulated due to technology and attribute it to the increasing levels of anxiety. Which didn’t exist in this measure.

Introspection is a form of communion and unexpected surprises. Making space in the day to think and open my mind to the Lord’s input is a blessing.

And connection is important too. We’ve gotten away from physicality in our interactions in deference to convenience. Make time for calls and visits. Use technology to your advantage. Video calls are great. Smiles and laughter deepen our bonds.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Daily periods of silence and introspection are helpful. Silence allows us to still our thoughts and rest. Experts agree we’re mentally overstimulated due to technology and attribute it to the increasing levels of anxiety. Which didn’t exist in this measure.

Introspection is a form of communion and unexpected surprises. Making space in the day to think and open my mind to the Lord’s input is a blessing.

And connection is important too. We’ve gotten away from physicality in our interactions in deference to convenience. Make time for calls and visits. Use technology to your advantage. Video calls are great. Smiles and laughter deepen our bonds.

Yours in His Service,

~bella
Deep thoughts that encourage!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.