Houston
✟55,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Over the years I have been asked why Jesus said this...

Mark 14:7 For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.

It is very clear we did not follow Deuteronomy 15: “At the end of every seven years you shall grant a release of debts. 2 And this is the form of the release: Every creditor who has lent anything to his neighbor shall release it; he shall not require it of his neighbor or his brother, because it is called the Lord's release. 3 Of a foreigner you may require it; but you shall give up your claim to what is owed by your brother, 4 except when there may be no poor among you; for the Lord will greatly bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you to possess as an inheritance 5 only if you carefully obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe with care all these commandments which I command you today. 6 For the Lord your God will bless you just as He promised you; you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow; you shall reign over many nations, but they shall not reign over you.

Verse 4 except when there may be no poor among you; for the Lord will greatly bless you

God set a perfect system that is Who He is.

They did not obey the voice of God and that system and we have not either , so we will always have poor...We where to never borrow outside His nation, His church. We as a nation owe billions to other nations that God is not even allowed in... God forgive us...

America now has to make decisions based on who reigns over us. Poverty comes from the Spirit...Blessing comes from God , it was never about anything we did. Poverty comes from forgetting that.

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Over the years I have been asked why Jesus said this...

Mark 14:7 For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.

It is very clear we did not follow Deuteronomy 15: “At the end of every seven years you shall grant a release of debts. 2 And this is the form of the release: Every creditor who has lent anything to his neighbor shall release it; he shall not require it of his neighbor or his brother, because it is called the Lord's release. 3 Of a foreigner you may require it; but you shall give up your claim to what is owed by your brother, 4 except when there may be no poor among you; for the Lord will greatly bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you to possess as an inheritance 5 only if you carefully obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe with care all these commandments which I command you today. 6 For the Lord your God will bless you just as He promised you; you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow; you shall reign over many nations, but they shall not reign over you.

Verse 4 except when there may be no poor among you; for the Lord will greatly bless you

God set a perfect system that is Who He is.

They did not obey the voice of God and that system and we have not either , so we will always have poor...We where to never borrow outside His nation, His church. We as a nation owe billions to other nations that God is not even allowed in... God forgive us...

America now has to make decisions based on who reigns over us. Poverty comes from the Spirit...Blessing comes from God , it was never about anything we did. Poverty comes from forgetting that.
So the Torah is the commandments and I can show that much of it predated Mt. Sinai. But at Sinai, those commandments were joined with the ability to prosecute and penalties or judgments. In a very real way, the Torah became Israel's constitution or rule of law as it was becoming a new nation.

Some of the commandments, like the release of debt, can't be done on a national scale because the Torah isn't the rule of law... we live under secular rule. So when Jesus was alive, they were under secular rule as well, Rome controlled the area. Knowing that there could not be a national release of debt every 7 years, he knew people who fall prey to debt and thus could say with authority that the poor would be with us.

Upvote 0