Zacharias

זכריה
Jun 18, 2004
✟12,721.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Back when the book Daniel was accepted as scripture, we used the septuagint which contained Daniel 14 (Bel and the Dragon).

Back when the book of Esther was accepted as scripture, we used the septuagint which contained lots of extra chapters in Esther.

The Church obviously accepted the extended versions of Daniel and Esther as scripture.

Upvote 0

Colabomb

I seek sin like a moth towards flame, save me God.
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
✟19,125.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Freak4JC said:
Back when the book Daniel was accepted as scripture, we used the septuagint which contained Daniel 14 (Bel and the Dragon).

Back when the book of Esther was accepted as scripture, we used the septuagint which contained lots of extra chapters in Esther.

The Church obviously accepted the extended versions of Daniel and Esther as scripture.
I agree, the Deuterocanon is Scripture :)

Another question though, if you don't mind me editing the OP a bit.

Which Books of the Duterocanon? Orthodox or Roman Catholic Canon?

Upvote 0

Zacharias

זכריה
Jun 18, 2004
✟12,721.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Colabomb said:
Which Books of the Duterocanon? Orthodox or Roman Catholic Canon?

The Orthodox Canon. The Orthodox Church hasn't seemed to have any outrageous beliefs. Supposedly if you compare Orthodox doctrine with the early Church fathers you won't find contradictions. Where as (and I know this to be true) if you compare Vatican Catholic doctrine with the early Church fathers you will find contradictions.

Upvote 0

Borealis

Catholic Homeschool Dad
Dec 8, 2003
Barrie, Ontario
✟10,009.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Freak4JC said:
The Orthodox Canon. The Orthodox Church hasn't seemed to have any outrageous beliefs. Supposedly if you compare Orthodox doctrine with the early Church fathers you won't find contradictions. Where as (and I know this to be true) if you compare Vatican Catholic doctrine with the early Church fathers you will find contradictions.

Oh? Name ONE.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.