Not open for further replies.

jwsiii

Dec 1, 2002
West Point
Visit site
✟15,240.00
Faith
Protestant
27 The LORD will scatter you among the peoples, and only a few of you will survive among the nations to which the LORD will drive you. 28 There you will worship man-made gods of wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or eat or smell. 29 But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul. ( Deu 4:27-29 )

I saw some scripture on a Christian Identity website. I'm not sure what to think of Deu 4:27-29. I don't believe in CI, but I don't know how to explain these verses. When did the Jews worship gods of wood and stone while scattered among the nations? They were scattered among the nations, but they continued to worship God in the diaspora.

There is another verse I can't explain.

21Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession."
23Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us."
24He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." ( Mat 15:21-24 )

Jesus says here that he was sent to the lost sheep of Israel. I need to be able to explain these verses if someone asks me about them. Thanks.

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
jwsiii said:
There is another verse I can't explain.

21Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession."
23Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us."
24He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." ( Mat 15:21-24 )

Jesus says here that he was sent to the lost sheep of Israel. I need to be able to explain these verses if someone asks me about them. Thanks.
Hi there!

:wave:

Jesus Christ came to fulfill the prophecies as the Messiah to the Jewish nation. His disciples were called to missionary service to the Gentiles to spread the gospel of Christ and the plan of salvation to the world.

Jesus Christ was sent to the lost sheep of Israel, His disciples to the world.

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"

~serapha~

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
jwsiii said:
27 The LORD will scatter you among the peoples, and only a few of you will survive among the nations to which the LORD will drive you. 28 There you will worship man-made gods of wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or eat or smell. 29 But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul. ( Deu 4:27-29 )

I saw some scripture on a Christian Identity website. I'm not sure what to think of Deu 4:27-29. I don't believe in CI, but I don't know how to explain these verses. When did the Jews worship gods of wood and stone while scattered among the nations? They were scattered among the nations, but they continued to worship God in the diaspora.
Hi there!

Until the time that the northern and southern kingdoms fell, both nations were consistent in their thoughts. They worshiped the one, true God... but they also worshipped other gods. They were never faithful to God until the southern kingdom was taken into captivity. The northern kingdom was dispersed, never to be a nation again. They were dispersed to be integrated into the cultures and beliefs of their new surroundings. While Judaism was dispersed to the world, there is no evidence that all the Jews remained faithful to Jewish teachings.

~serapha~

Upvote 0

jwsiii

Dec 1, 2002
West Point
Visit site
✟15,240.00
Faith
Protestant
But that was before the diaspora. The unfaithfulness you were talking about occurred while they were in the land of Israel. This verse says that they would be scattered among the nations and there they would "worship man-made gods of wood and stone". The Jews as a whole haven't turned to idolatry since 70AD have they?

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
jwsiii said:
But that was before the diaspora. The unfaithfulness you were talking about occurred while they were in the land of Israel. This verse says that they would be scattered among the nations and there they would "worship man-made gods of wood and stone". The Jews as a whole haven't turned to idolatry since 70AD have they?

Hi there!

From the time that the Jews of the Southern Kingdom were taken captive, they never again were unfaithful to the One, True God. That was 586 B.C.E. Not so with the northern kingdom. At least 27,000 people were relocated and settled into other cultures. As I said, it spread judaism into the world, but there is not evidence that all the people were faithful in their new cultures.

~serapha~

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.