• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Derealization and depersonalization

Leviishere

Mar 25, 2015
✟8,335.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
For about 6 weeks, I have had derealization and depersonalization constantly.
It's like I'm in a fog and feel no emotion.

I had some stress this year that brought it on.

Anyone else have this?
How do you cope?

It can ve hard to feel God or any joy beneath this fog.

Reactions: Unqualified

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can assure you everything you are saying, everything you are going through is real. Jesus is real. Does it help to read the Bible? That’s real. It will comfort you and praying. Can even change what you feel. I assure this love will make you feel. God bless you. I will pray for you. Please break through this trauma, this trouble and help feel again. Know your love in this. Add meaning to this life. In Jesus mighty Name.

Reactions: Leviishere
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Anyone else have this?
How do you cope?

Indeed many woes in this world .... best to focus on heavenly things ....

Colossians 3:2

1 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. 3For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

Faith does not depend on feelings. It’s not “hoping” or “feeling” God is there. Faith is knowing God will do all that He said He will do.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Believing what it says in the Bible opens the door to Him. Talking to Him is drawing close to God. If your on here He is drawing you close. we want to show you that open door and what he has done in our lives as a witness that he is good, helpful, loves us all. You can be blessed too In your relationship to him. It’s one of the things Jesus won on the cross when he died for the sins of the world. If you repent and believe that you can be baptized and receive the Holy Spirit. Accept his offer of salvation, ask for forgiveness, become a Christian.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When you get like that, do things like placing your hand on cold surfaces or taking cold showers if it happens during summer time, ask anyone close to you, to constantly reassure you till you snap out of it, if they don't mind. Talk about past events with even childhood friends, including watching videos of yourself and people you know. & also God can deliver you through His word..

It's very normal, not to feel God's presence sometimes. Unfortunately it happens to many believers if not all quite a lot. Just stay in the Lord through His word.

Upvote 0

Weareheavenbound

Aug 9, 2022
California
✟9,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

Anyone else have this?
How do you cope?

Hi Leviishere. Are you struggling with this? I’m a Christian and have been struggling with this for the past 6 1/2 months. Just wondered how you are doing now?

Upvote 0

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How can one be certain He exists?
An existence question is really a question about whether He appears.

Assurance feels like when the sun goes in.

I am familiar with a developmental condition, proneness to minor viruses, and completely weird propaganda from the world and some religion . . .

I am grateful for mind - Fullness, and enjoy falling back on background knowledge on all subjects from various sources, when I've stamina.

Don't forget migraines continually change variety, often without pain.

Upvote 0