• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Depression and OCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PARCmd

Nov 27, 2007
✟7,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi.

I'm so sad because I feel so guilty because I have accidentally said the unpardonable blasphemy a lot of times and accidentally renounced God a lot of times.

I try hard always to stop doing those things but it just seem that I can't.

I think I've accidentally said them becoz they're always in my thoughts. My life would have been great, exciting, and happy if I hadn't got these symptoms. I feel I'm getting depressed.

Can I still be forgiven? :(

Diamantina

Catholic revert and Lay Carmelite
Site Supporter
Mar 30, 2008
West Covina, California
Visit site
✟55,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Accidental blasphemy is no sin -- one cannot sin by accident. Please don't feel guilty for things you did not intend to do.

OCD and scruples (thinking that something non-sinful is a sin, wanting to confess one's sins over and over again, etc.) are very closely related. In depression and/or OCD, thoughts that one does not believe can linger in the mind. As long as you consciously do not believe in your blasphemous thoughts, one is not sinning.

Besides, your wish to please God shows that you have not committed any unpardonable sin. The only unpardonable sin is the sin that one does not repent of.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi.

I'm so sad because I feel so guilty because I have accidentally said the unpardonable blasphemy a lot of times and accidentally renounced God a lot of times.

I try hard always to stop doing those things but it just seem that I can't.

I think I've accidentally said them becoz they're always in my thoughts. My life would have been great, exciting, and happy if I hadn't got these symptoms. I feel I'm getting depressed.

Can I still be forgiven? :(
You have already been FORGIVEN - your 'sins' have been paid for - just collect the rewards - from JESUS - it is for free - you are MOST welcome - indeed eagerly awaited.

It would be MUCH better if you refused to believe the constant inner lies and heed God's Biblical truths instead - As lies make you miserable and depressed and God's truth brings life, peace, joy and harmony - so that even when we are depressed God's good inside of us gets us through.

Brotherly greetings.

Gerry

Upvote 0
A

Ann van Valkenburg

I am bipolar and have had the experience of vile, blasphemous statments constantly in my head, trying to get me to doubt my salvation. It disturbed me enough that I wasn't sleeping, and had anxiety attacks. Ended up in the hospital on two separate occasions in the same month. Good christian friends and my pastors assured me that God knew my heart. My salvation was safe.
I am better. I occasionally still have those thoughts. I send them away and plead the blood, quoting scripture. I hope this helps someone.

Upvote 0

Spirithappy

Nov 9, 2008
USA
Visit site
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The thoughts are not you. God judges the hearts and those things are not from the heart. You would be surprised on my site how many people have this problem. Just remember God loves you and it is not your heart that is saying these things. When you hear these things give them no power. Everytime you hear these things say "Jesus christ is lord". It cancels out the negative crap you just heard. I mean it ,follow every negative with..."jesus christ is lord" It will remove the power from the negative statement

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.