• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Depressed..

DavidFirth

Saved by the blood of the Lamb
Site Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You sound like you're more depressed than you ought to be. You probably should seek more counselling, preferably Christian counselling. Non-Christians don't understand how we think and our motivations.

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You sound like you're more depressed than you ought to be. You probably should seek more counselling, preferably Christian counselling. Non-Christians don't understand how we think and our motivations.
I used to take medicine but i had a bad expierence with them and i dont like taking medicine. I just have a deep ache in my heart. I never been so hurt before.. i feel like im falling apart.. and youre right they dont understand how we think. They dont listen. Actually I wish i would have never took counseling.. God was there for me. He was my guidance and i didnt turn to him. :-/

• Prayers
Reactions: DavidFirth
Upvote 0

DavidFirth

Site Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I used to take medicine but i had a bad expierence with them and i dont like taking medicine. I just have a deep ache in my heart. I never been so hurt before.. i feel like im falling apart.. and youre right they dont understand how we think. They dont listen. Actually I wish i would have never took counseling.. God was there for me. He was my guidance and i didnt turn to him. :-/

I would suggest finding a church in your area and going to the pastor for advice. Bigger churches usually have more resources to offer and some of them counsel people for free or at a very low cost to you.

You're a Christian, you should be filled with joy, not depressed. You definitely need counselling in my humble opinion. You sound like you may need meds, too. Just tell your counsellor what you've had before that didnt work for you, they'll ask you questions about it and help get you what you need.

I'm praying for you, sister, please find help, no Christian should ever be living in a depressed state, that is not God's will for you. He loves you greatly and wants to fill you with joy, not depression.

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And don't let Satan haunt you about past sins. They're in the past, Jesus paid the price for them for you. Turn from all sin and pray, pray, and pray.
Sigh..everything is just complicated..i wish i wasnt in this body...i guess i thought talking about it and letting my feelings out would make me better but it doesnt. You sound like a nice person and i admire you for listening to my problems..but my heart is heavy..i will take your advice

Upvote 0

DavidFirth

Site Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sigh..everything is just complicated..i wish i wasnt in this body...i guess i thought talking about it and letting my feelings out would make me but it doesnt. My heart is heavy. You sound like a nice person and i admire you for listening to my problems..

Well, we here at CF care about you and each other. Trust me, I've have MAJOR problems in my life that seemed like the end but God got me through all of them.

Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace." Luke 7:50

Your faith saves you and keeps you strong. Do not doubt that God loves you and will get you through whatever you're going through. When and where we are weak He is our strength. He will not leave you or forsake you, though Satan will do his best to make you think He will.

Please seek the help you need, please.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums