• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Neari

Neari
Feb 9, 2017
Earth
✟20,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's 9:45pm right now, and I couldn't sleep because I just started feeling depressed.. I think it will help to talk about how I'm feeling right now. I wish I had more freedom. I'm a teenager, we're usually craving independence (stereotypically..). But my parents are pretty protective, and that's veeryyy reasonable. But I just wish I could be on my own in certain things, like to be able to walk outside by myself, to jog outside by myself, etc. Even if we're at a park, I'm not allowed to jog off on my own. However, I see why. They just want to keep me safe. But I still get a little bit depressed when my sister(she's older) can slip out of the house and have some alone time exercising outside, anytime she wants. Without a word. Alright, going to try and sleep now. Thank you for reading, God bless you all. ♥

Symph

Jul 6, 2017
NASHVILLE
✟90,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's 9:45pm right now, and I couldn't sleep because I just started feeling depressed.. I think it will help to talk about how I'm feeling right now. I wish I had more freedom. I'm a teenager, we're usually craving independence (stereotypically..). But my parents are pretty protective, and that's veeryyy reasonable. But I just wish I could be on my own in certain things, like to be able to walk outside by myself, to jog outside by myself, etc. Even if we're at a park, I'm not allowed to jog off on my own. However, I see why. They just want to keep me safe. But I still get a little bit depressed when my sister(she's older) can slip out of the house and have some alone time exercising outside, anytime she wants. Without a word. Alright, going to try and sleep now. Thank you for reading, God bless you all. ♥
It will come soon, by the time you have it you'll crave what you had right now that was lost. I experienced every stage of it, just wanting what I thought was coming, getting it and finding new problems came with it, and so and so forth. Freedom's great, sounds like it won't be too long for you before this is a distant memory, but I know that feeling. I had to live with my mom for 30 years... THIRTY.

I DID have the freedom of an adult to a point, but all my actions were questioned, everything I did had to end up involving her input somehow, and I was always being reminded that I don't pay the bills, don't have the right to anything etc etc. Drove me downright mad sometimes. But when I look at what adult life is like? There's a still a mom over head except this one's not nice like mine, that mom is the government, and she's STILL restricting my freedom. It won't end, at some point in your life you'll have to learn to find contentment where you are, but that's the whole trick isn't it?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My sister was three years seven months and three days older than me, and she never let me forget it when we were growing up!
I found it tough at times. She could go places I couldn't. She stayed up later than me, she had much more freedom than me, she had people from the church round for a get together on a sunday after church, while I was sent off to bed. Etc, etc.
I so wished i could have been the oldest.
Your time will come
God bless

Upvote 0

sethrak

Aug 7, 2017
El Dorado County, California
✟49,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
yep, maybe you'll look back with love and thanksgiving.

We hover over our girls, they never went out to school but to an Australian school of distance, and were taught at home, the youngest is just now finishing school ,in a few months.

We couldn't send them to schools now with the what the would be taught and what they would be subject to.

The have a good life with real freedom and protection. They can get on a their horses and ride free to a river or lake and carry with them means to protect their horse from something mean or themselves from something evil.
If your folks didn't keep you safe during these years you might have met with a real bad happening. You'll see as you go through life how the people and of course the young are preyed upon.

Upvote 0