Depressed and dragged down by the world around you?

alaric

May 21, 2018
Singapore
✟13,224.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depressed gentile: “We live in a hopeless world and I feel hopeless.”

Wise man: “Yes, you are correct. You are on the losing team.”

Depressed Christian: “We live in a hopeless world and I feel hopeless.”

Wise man: “Yes you are correct. You have left your mind on the losing team.”

Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Focus on the end where every Christian is a victor and receives rewards.

Philippians 3:12-14 I do not claim that I have already succeeded or have already become perfect. I keep striving to win the prize for which Christ Jesus has already won me to himself. Of course, my friends, I really do not[a] think that I have already won it; the one thing I do, however, is to forget what is behind me and do my best to reach what is ahead. So I run straight toward the goal in order to win the prize, which is God's call through Christ Jesus to the life above.

We are already Kings and Queens who will rule with Christ forever.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

• Friendly
Reactions: Adrian99