• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Depakote

michael714

Apr 14, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
✟8,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was put on Depakote early last year - 1500 mgs. The dose was lowered to 1000 mgs, but it was too much for me. After 9 months of depression I got a second opinion and was told I was overmedicated. After reducing the dose down to as low as 500mg, much of the depression has lifted.

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I'm starting my prescription today. Anyone have any tips or anything to look out for?

Mood stabiliser can make life much easier, or much harder, with much deeper depression.

I would watch out for depression most of all. Watch out for that deadening feeling, you want to feel more in control and brighter not darker and lonelier.

Keep that as your measuring stick as you try out meds.

All the best with your meds

:wave:

Upvote 0

Phanari

Jan 31, 2010
Computer...
✟15,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You should eat before you take your dosage. Otherwise you get nasty heart burn. Also, some people get a case of shakes when they take it.

I've been taking this pill since my diagnosis. After I was diagnosed with epilepsy, they increased the dosage to help keep my seizures under control. It's also and anti-seizure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums