Demons - real or not?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If we say "speaking in tongues" :) Christ said.. these sign shall follow/accompany them that believe.. whats the 1st one? CAST OUT demons. I really don't think they are gone :) They are always looking for a NEW HOME!

Can you be a Christian and have a demon. Yes.. its demonized. Be possessed? No..never. Possessed is the demon rules you controls you. This can not happen to a believer. You KNOW there are areas in our life that we sometimes have not given the holy spirit full control. It can happen when we keep walking in a sin...when we dont stop we dont repent. It can happen. Its like they latch on.. to that area if it makes sense. Its ok... most Christians.. forgive me move by what they can see and hear. They (demons) are very happy if we don't believe in them.

Like I said.. Christ or GOD told us.. these signs follow accompany those that believe.. cast out demons.. speak with new tongues..so forth so on.
And "few are saved",
explains why few ever cast out demons. They are everywhere, but welcomed(or allowed) instead of cast out.

• Winner
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

StephenDiscipleofYHWH

Jul 11, 2018
Ransom county
✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
An article on whether demons are superstition or real. What do you think? Are they real?

Demons - real or not? : cruciformity
Of course they are real, and still exist. That is why we must try every spirit to see if it is of God.
1 John 4:1-3
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course they are real, and still exist. That is why we must try every spirit to see if it is of God.
1 John 4:1-3
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
The last time you tried a spirit, how did that go? what was the "conversation" like? And how does this relate to demons? Are you saying that demons are spirits?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I don't believe demon-possession still exists today.
Whether it is possession, or oppression, or control,
it is totally common and wide-spread today, more than ever before.
As written
in the Apocalypse:
the whole world will refuse to stop serving (obeying) demons.
That day is at hand.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The best definition I believe for demons is they are disembodied evil spirits.
Sorry, I may have misunderstood you here but, what is a "disembodied evil spirit"?

My view on these entities, that are 100% real, is that there are different categories of entities in this universe.
Other than the Father, Son and Holy Spirit that make up the Godhead.. all thing and beings are created.
Of the beings that were created, there are animals and humans that live in our dimension, here on earth. Bugs, insects, fish.... we all are hatched or born.. live and die and our bodies decay.
Then there are heavenly beings.. We call them Angels but "angels" are just one "class".
There are Cherubim, Seraphim, Principalities, Authorities, and others.
Of these, which all have different ranks, duties and abilities.. there are those that sided with Satan and were thrown out of heave. Actually, this made up one third of the total number of these heavenly beings.
The other two thirds remained faithful and honoring to their creator.. God.

The entry of "demons" is, in my opinion and with good reason and support, is the result of the Genesis 6 events.

Somehow, and with great debate around the exact details, there were "nephilim" created by the mating of "the sons of God" and the "daughters of men".

These were the giants and "men of renown". These were, again IMO, not pure human. It is my view that it was the hybridization of angles and human women.
Fallen angels, under direction of Satan, mated with human women and produced angel/human hybrids.

Due to them, no matter who you believe to be the fathers.. were not able to receive salvation. This topic is a very deep and debated subject.

In the end... "demons" are the souls of these hybrids after their deaths. They only show up in the bible after the flood. They are condemned to roam the earth, and whatever dimension they abide in, without bodies. However, they still posses their appetites for sex, thirst, hunger and other desires that they would have had during their earthly existence.

Jude talks of the angles, that did this nasty deed, in his book as those that "left their first estate" and are chained in hell.

This is what, IMO, demons are and they are real and they desire to posses any body that they are able to by permission and actions of the person.

I believe 100% that they exist and posses people today.

Sometimes it may be very obvious. Other times it may be less so.

If you really want to delve into this subject and how it is affecting the churches and people of the world today... look into the "spirit of Jezebel"

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
GLADLY< this was disproven long ago. >

Somehow, and with great debate around the exact details, there were "nephilim" created by the mating of "the sons of God" and the "daughters of men".
In the end... "demons" are the souls of these hybrids after their deaths
oops.

Not to derail on this forum, but find online, simple proof Scripturally instead of giving in to fables and myths.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
GLADLY< this was disproven long ago. >

oops.

Not to derail on this forum, but find online, simple proof Scripturally instead of giving in to fables and myths.
As I mentioned, this is a topic of much debate and there are theologians for both schools of thought.. that have far far far more credibility than myself... who will argue for both sides.... so... I leave that debate for them.. I hold to the fallen angel account... that is my right.

For you to state "This was disproven long ago" IMO is in error. But, that is your view and your right to believe so.

I just don't think that you should state such a point as the be all and end all and the absolute and only truth on this topic.

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't believe demon-possession still exists today. We read in Hebrews 2:3-4 that the God used signs and wonders and various miracles to testify to the apostolic ministry, affirming that the message they spoke really came from God. Since it is no longer needed, demon possession has since ceased, as well as other various miracles that they use to perform in the Holy Spirit.
I think that demons still do exist. One Bishop,in Oakland, California,once said."There is a demon of murder in Oakland". With all of the murders that occur in Oakland, California,how can you argue with him?

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think that demons still do exist. One Bishop,in Oakland, California,once said."There is a demon of murder in Oakland". With all of the murders that occur in Oakland, California,how can you argue with him?

Demon-oppression and human depravity are not the same thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StephenDiscipleofYHWH

Jul 11, 2018
Ransom county
✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
The last time you tried a spirit, how did that go? what was the "conversation" like? And how does this relate to demons? Are you saying that demons are spirits?
1. It left/was cast out.
2. It did not like God's name being spoken, or the truth of God.
3 and 4. Demons are spirits in that they are fallen angels that exist in spiritual form.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I may have misunderstood you here but, what is a "disembodied evil spirit"?
I believe they were 1/3 of the angels which where fallen with Satan. Angels would be "disembodied good spirits". And as evil spirits cast down to earth they long to manifest in this physical realm their natures. That's why they influence us to act out their nature (fear, anger, bitterness, hatred etc).

Then there are heavenly beings.. We call them Angels but "angels" are just one "class".
There are Cherubim, Seraphim, Principalities, Authorities, and others.
Of these, which all have different ranks, duties and abilities.. there are those that sided with Satan and were thrown out of heave. Actually, this made up one third of the total number of these heavenly beings.
The other two thirds remained faithful and honoring to their creator.. God.
I pretty much say the same thing, I think.

The entry of "demons" is, in my opinion and with good reason and support, is the result of the Genesis 6 events.
I'm of the persuasion that demons were way before Gen 6. If Satan was the serpent the 1/3 were also there too, but just not in the garden. Only in the "field" outside the garden.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PaulCyp1

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Massachusetts
✟239,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes they are real. Jesus Christ, Who clearly demonstrated that He was God, by constantly doing things only God could do, clearly taught that demons are real, and that their sole intention is to prevent God's people from receiving salvation.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do demons exist? Depends if you believe what is in scripture or not.

If you call yourself a Christian then you should say nothing less than "Absolutely". Because Jesus speaks of them and casts them out.

At the human level however "demons" are a matter of Hollywood VS the biblical demon so arguing whether they exist or not between Christians is nothing more than semantics at best.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
whether demons are superstition or real. What do you think? Are they real?
Certainly they exist in the spiritual realm. Whether or not they are merely psychological conditions that were called demons at the time is uncertain. But any aspect of our mind which intrudes and makes us less than perfect the way we were created by God is a bad thing, so the distinction doesn't really matter.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
An article on whether demons are superstition or real. What do you think? Are they real?

Demons - real or not? : cruciformity
Reading from the link, , "Karris raises the point that when the Bible talks about demons it could be, at least to some extent, the cultural conditioning of the authors coming out in the way they perceive events."

Put the shoe on the other foot, rather than question historical authors, question the present day readers.

Karris should also raise the point that when the Bible talks about demons it could be, at least to some extent, the cultural conditioning of the readers today coming out in the way they perceive our present world.

Upvote 0