Demons masquerading as Jesus?

Anna the Seeker

Oct 27, 2014
✟8,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've read or heard about a number of modern day end time encounters with Jesus - dreams, visions etc, but I can't help but notice how different they are in many senses.

So I also can't help thinking that sometimes it could be a demon pretending to be Jesus, to cause this confusion. How often do you think this happens, and how do you discern which vision is real and which one fake?

agua

Jan 5, 2011
Gold Coast
✟8,737.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
I've read or heard about a number of modern day end time encounters with Jesus - dreams, visions etc, but I can't help but notice how different they are in many senses.

So I also can't help thinking that sometimes it could be a demon pretending to be Jesus, to cause this confusion. How often do you think this happens, and how do you discern which vision is real and which one fake?

I think Satan and his devils constantly pretend to be Jesus or His representatives. If a vision contradicts what Yahweh has already revealed it should be disregarded but sometimes people claim "new" revelation which can be tricky. We need to constantly be on guard against Satan's deceptions and the best way to do this is to be solidly grounded in the scriptures, pray constantly, and be guided by the Holy Spirit of truth.

John said our confession of Jesus was paramount in knowing the truth and this implies both acknowledging who Jesus is ( God in the flesh ) and following Him ( by their fruit you will know them).

Test everything !

Upvote 0

Anna the Seeker

Oct 27, 2014
✟8,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that for a lot of times these people don't even realize that they're being used by demons, and spread the message as if it was authentic.

I think Holy Spirit will help. It's how we all are connected to God and Jesus, as well as to the siblings in faith.

One of these messages I thought as fake at once was telling that pre-tribbers go to Hell. I'm not really in either camp of pre- or post-tribbers. The rapture happens when it happens, and I do my best to be ready all the time. But we're all believers waiting for Jesus, and I strongly believe that God won't send a believer to Hell for a small miscalculation, whichever it was.

Upvote 0

ThatTrueLight

John 1:9
Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Today God speaks through His word, and IT is more trustworthy than if a man claims to hear the audible voice of God.

It must be according to His word and the Lord Jesus Christ must be glorified in its message, every time.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How often do you think this happens, and how do you discern which vision is real and which one fake?
1. First of all we need to understand that all evil angels are not demons, and within the evil angels there are rankings or a hierarchy.

2. According to Scripture, demons represent themselves as false gods through idols. They are also the ones who take possession of individuals who expose themselves to Satanic influence. Connect demons and idolatry.

3. Satan and his evil angels present themselves to Christians (through men) as "ministers of righteousness" and "apostles of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3-15).

Note the following characteristics:

THEY CORRUPT GOSPEL TRUTH AND BIBLE TRUTH
3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

THEY PREACH "ANOTHER JESUS"
4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received,

THEY PREACH "ANOTHER GOSPEL"
or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

THEY ARE FALSE APOSTLES AND DECEITFUL WORKERS
13For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

SATAN COMES AS AN ANGEL OF LIGHT
14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

SATAN'S MINISTERS COME AS MINISTERS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Anyone today who claims to be an apostle or a prophet or a Christ is not from God. Any "vision" which claims anything over and above what God has already revealed in Scripture is from Satan. Any apparition of "Mary" is not from God, since the messages delivered contradict Scripture.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't judge one as Satan ...but see everyone as my brother knowing we all come from God...who is our creator...I let God judge a man...and love people as if they were God himself...:)

Having a mindset that someone is Satan leads to hate and evil deeds

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Anna the Seeker said in post 1:

. . . how do you discern which vision is real and which one fake?

By how what the vision teaches lines up with scripture (2 Timothy 3:16 to 4:4).

Also, note that not only demons can masquerade as Jesus, just as not only in visions can Jesus be faked. For the beast which comes up out of the earth in Revelation 13:11-16 represents the literal, individual human being who will become the Antichrist's False Prophet (Revelation 19:20, Revelation 16:13). And he could be a secretly-apostate pope who at some point during his tenure will make a great push for peace and unity between Christianity and Islam. He could say something like: "Why do we fight each other? Are we not all the spiritual children of Abraham and of his God, the one God? Can't we lay aside our foolish, man-made differences of theology, which have done us no good at all, but only brought us hatred and violence, and unite into one religion of Abraham, one religion of peace, based on love for the one God and love for our fellow man? What is more important than this?"

He could be so skillful in elucidating what the moderate Muslims could call "the true, peaceful, loving nature of Islam", that he could be hailed by them worldwide as (in their words) "a Great Imam, come to rescue our beloved Islam from the bad reputation falsely given to it by the terrorists". In this way, a pope could come to hold high positions of power in 2 religions at the same time, which could be symbolized by the 2 horns of the False Prophet lamb (Revelation 13:11). This would be similar to how the 7 horns of the true-Jesus lamb in Revelation 5:6 could represent the true Jesus holding 7 positions of power at the same time (cf. Jesus wearing many crowns at the same time in Revelation 19:12). And the False Prophet could even say that he is Jesus. (But he won't say that he is Christ, for the False Prophet and the Antichrist will deny that Jesus is the Christ, and will deny that Christ is in the flesh: 1 John 2:22; 2 John 1:7.)

Once the False Prophet by his amazing miracles has brought the world under his spell (Revelation 13:13-18, Revelation 19:20), including many Muslims and Christians who may not care much for scriptural dogma, but could go wild over his signs and wonders, he could begin to (in his words) "restore to the world the real message which was spoken by me (Jesus) at my first coming, and by the great prophet Mohammed, but which message became corrupted by power-hungry men when they copied and changed the early manuscripts of the Bible and the Koran". He could then gradually initiate the world into the Antichrist's Gnostic Luciferianism (1 John 4:3, Revelation 13:4-6), a religion which could have existed since ancient times in some "mystery" cults, and which still exists today in the highest degree of initiation of a worldwide secret society. The False Prophet could present his miraculously calling fire down from heaven (Revelation 13:13) as purported proof that Lucifer (the dragon, Satan) and the Antichrist are the true God (Revelation 13:4-8, Revelation 12:9), in an inversion of how back in Old Testament times, Elijah miraculously called fire down from heaven to prove that YHWH is the true God (1 Kings 18:37-39).

Upvote 0

George the Intercessor

Aug 2, 2018
San Bernardino
✟8,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Demons will lead many astray with delusions appealing to the ego, but the Lord will give to others truth, even in the form of correction. When it comes, ask God if you're seeing Jesus. Or ask Jesus to validate the experience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

By staying in God's Word as written, and not putting your trust in miracles and appearances. One of the main things our Lord Jesus warned about regarding the end is how a false one is coming to work great signs and miracles, raining fire from heaven down to the earth in sight of men. That's about a supernatural working on earth like our Lord Jesus did. Many will be deceived into thinking that is our Lord Jesus returned. Jesus said to not believe it when they say He has come (Matthew 24:23-26).

Upvote 0