Apr 14, 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟7,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This morning my wife told me that last night as I slept, she kept hearing voices and she could not sleep. I, as my custom, get on my knees and pray to the Lord before I rest. Last night I told her to do so but she did not. Claiming "I can pray while laying down." We sometimes argue about how we should "submit" ourselves for at least 5 minutes before bed and pray to the Lord. She said she kept hearing "Lucifer" as she was laying on our bed. Strange enough for me, although I asked the Lord to protect me in my sleep and to keep my dreams to those of which he gives me, I had a nightmare. I feel as though I understood my nightmare, so that does not worry me to much. However, my wife hearing "Lucifer" in her sleep/half asleep worries me. I explained to her what demonic oppression is and that tonight, to submit herself to the Lord for a couple minutes before sleep. I would just like any thoughts or opinions on this from fellow Christians.

K

Kwood

Hello, brother. You're definitely correct about the demon oppression part, usually people who are oppressed hear voices in their head, voices that are not from God.

I suggest you urge your wife, get her to pray with you. An idle pray from the comfort of a bed wouldn't be effective; it must be in the Spirit! But I see your troubles since you and your wife have a few disagreements with being submissive.

If you can't get her to pray with you, you stay in the presence of God, pray for her being, her mind, so it won't be overtaken, pray for the bedroom, may it be covered with the blood of Jesus.

I pray that God oversees and protect you both from the plot of the enemy. May your bedroom, your house be covered with the blood, may no demon dwell there for it is not their home. May the demons flee, and go back to where they belong. Anoint your children's ears so they may only hear your Holy voice O Lord, be their protector and guide. In Jesus name,amen.

Keep praying, don't give up; I'll also keep you and your family in my prayers.

Upvote 0

dylenbrivera

Dylen Rivera
Apr 14, 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟7,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, brother. You're definitely correct about the demon oppression part, usually people who are oppressed hear voices in their head, voices that are not from God.

I suggest you urge your wife, get her to pray with you. An idle pray from the comfort of a bed wouldn't be effective; it must be in the Spirit! But I see your troubles since you and your wife have a few disagreements with being submissive.

If you can't get her to pray with you, you stay in the presence of God, pray for her being, her mind, so it won't be overtaken, pray for the bedroom, may it be covered with the blood of Jesus.

I pray that God oversees and protect you both from the plot of the enemy. May your bedroom, your house be covered with the blood, may no demon dwell there for it is not their home. May the demons flee, and go back to where they belong. Anoint your children's ears so they may only hear your Holy voice O Lord, be their protector and guide. In Jesus name,amen.

Keep praying, don't give up; I'll also keep you and your family in my prayers.

Thank you. As her husband I try and be the head of my household. But some women today.. :pray: I love my wife, I shall recite a similar prayer to that of
what you have posted. Thank you for being obedient to the Lord and sharing his word and what you felt we should do :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
S

someguy14

One thing for sure, put your full trust in the Lord. Faith overcomes obstacles. If her faith is strong enough in the Lord with her thoughts of the Lord and His beauty and love, His worthiness to be thanked for all things, it helps tremendously, in any situation for that matter. Do not fear a fallen demon, Jesus has already defeated every wickedness friend.
Be patient, the Lords timing is perfect.
Matthew 17:19-20

God is above all.

Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2012
alshawitz
✟15,356.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Be careful who you tell that your wife hears things. I am sure you are safe here. The world does not believe the Bible; they would believe your wife is mentaly handicapped. I have heard and seen spirits but my doctor just thinks I am crazy. I know Christians who hear spirits so I think it is more common than most think. Spirits are real according to the Bible, so it is not bad to believe you hear them, just do not share this with the world. :amen:

Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Some people can pray just as well sitting, standing, kneeling or prostrate on the floor. I feel odd not kneeling, but my arthritis in my knees won't allow me to do that much any more. But if she's hearing demonic voices, she needs to do something different. Praying for you both. You are very young, so there needs to be give and take in the marriage. You are equals, but with different jobs in the marriage. One role is no better than the other, but young women today are so indoctrinated with the feminist views that most have difficulty with the whole submission thing. What they don't realize is that when we submit to our Godly husbands, God sees that as submitting to Him.

Remember, God told Paul that "I am strong in your weakness." Jesus said, "If you want to be a leader, you must be servant to all." When women are submissive to their husbands, they are storing up leadership gifts in eternity.

Submission doesn't mean that we must bow and scrape and "yes, sir; no sir" to our husbands. It means we are to state our case, give our opinion, and trust our husband to do the right thing. We are man's helpmate, not his slave. I think (and I may be wrong, I'll look it up) that the Hebrew for "Helpmate" is co-worker. It was not meant as a second class citizen thing, but that we are to show man the respect he deserves, since men carry the primary responsibility for the spiritual health of the household.

Sorry - got off on a tangent.

Upvote 0

ZaidaBoBaida

When do I stop being a Newbie?
Jul 17, 2012
Right Here
✟50,881.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I actually do my best praying on the back of my bicycle, but when that's not an option I usually opt for sitting.

Having said that, and having some experience with it, I think true demonic disturbances are fairly rare. I was having problems with severe nightmares and even seeing what I thought were shadow people. The unit next to me had a suicide in it and has been empty for about 14 years, so I thought something was bleeding through from over there. Anyway someone suggested that the high number of electronic gizmos, gadgets, and power cords running everywhere in my room were actually the source of the problem. They brought over an EMF reader, and the readings in my room - because of the electronics - were really high. I moved most of the gadgets out of my room, and the problems stopped.

Upvote 0

WindBreath

Apr 7, 2011
New Jersey
Visit site
✟7,871.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think that just because she prays lying down that her prayers are less effective. What matters most is our concentration while praying, not our bodily positions. HOWEVER...having said that, I'd suggest talking with your pastor about it if she keeps hearing them. Christians can be demonically oppressed and not possessed like others have stated, but oppression can be just as damaging I think.

As for your dreams, I wouldn't worry about it too much - our dreams or nightmares often just are ways our subconscious tells us things we need to be more aware of or pay attention to.

Upvote 0

singpeace

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Some people can pray just as well sitting, standing, kneeling or prostrate on the floor. I feel odd not kneeling, but my arthritis in my knees won't allow me to do that much any more. But if she's hearing demonic voices, she needs to do something different. Praying for you both. You are very young, so there needs to be give and take in the marriage. You are equals, but with different jobs in the marriage. One role is no better than the other, but young women today are so indoctrinated with the feminist views that most have difficulty with the whole submission thing. What they don't realize is that when we submit to our Godly husbands, God sees that as submitting to Him.

Remember, God told Paul that "I am strong in your weakness." Jesus said, "If you want to be a leader, you must be servant to all." When women are submissive to their husbands, they are storing up leadership gifts in eternity.

Submission doesn't mean that we must bow and scrape and "yes, sir; no sir" to our husbands. It means we are to state our case, give our opinion, and trust our husband to do the right thing. We are man's helpmate, not his slave. I think (and I may be wrong, I'll look it up) that the Hebrew for "Helpmate" is co-worker. It was not meant as a second class citizen thing, but that we are to show man the respect he deserves, since men carry the primary responsibility for the spiritual health of the household.

Sorry - got off on a tangent.

Great reply. I agree with Stormdancer. Also, I will pray.

Heavenly Father, I ask You to place a hedge of protection around this husband and wife. Hide them from the enemy and from all familiar spirits. Your hedge cannot be penetrated. They have your protection according to your word in Psalm 91. I know that You will answer this prayer because I love You and I trust in Your name. I pray that Your blood Lord Jesus will cover them and all that You have given them, and that the enemy not have access to their home nor their minds. Thank you for your divine protection in Jesus Name, Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums