✟16,238.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'll give some context to what is happening first:
• I've been through a tough time recently, struggling with anxiety and depression as well as lust (lust has been more long term).
• I've only been born again since the summer, my father is a priest but up until then I didn't give my faith much thought.

Over the past few days I've been having demonic attacks, firstly sleep paralysis and secondly demonic dreams. During the sleep paralysis I immediately started to rebuke the evil spirit in Jesus name, it fled and I was free to move - it wasn't so much me it was the Holy Spirit praying against it because I hadn't had any time to think or realise what was happening and I was already rebuking it. During the episode which lasted no longer than 15 seconds I saw a dark, reflective disc which was emitting smoke and hovering infront of me.In my prayers later in the day I prayed against the spirit again in Jesus name anr it did not return the following night.

However the day afterwards (yesterday) I had somewhat of a wobble, I knew it was Satan attempting to throw me off because I just made massive progress in terms of my anxiety earlier that day so I didn't get annoyed or upset about it. That night I had a few demonic dreams, one looked like I was in bed and something was trying to get out my body (exorcism or something, even though I cannot be possessed because I contain the Holy Spirit) - maybe this is symbolic of the demon suffering because I am recovering and the other was just lusting after some girl who I saw that day. In both of these dreams I was non stop rebuking what was going on until I awoke.

I post here to ask for your thoughts and prayers, thanks.

Josh Edwards

Aug 21, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
✟16,238.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It may be too obvious to mention, but haven't you asked your father about this?
He's just been to the dentist he can't speak so I turned to the forums instead but I do plan on telling him about the demonic dreams (he knows about sleep paralysis).

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Understood. But I expect that he's better equipped to speak to the issue; there's no telling what might get posted here in reply to your concerns. ;)

For myself, I always caution people not to think that dreams, no matter how vivid, are visions or something else like that. They are normally recombinations of ideas or experiences the person has encountered or thought about in the recent past. The brain simply continues to deal with them in this way when you are asleep. And they certainly can be anything but 'sweet dreams!'

Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Understood. But I expect that he's better equipped to speak to the issue; there's no telling what might get posted here in reply to your concerns. ;)

For myself, I always caution people not to think that dreams, no matter how vivid, are visions or something else like that. They are normally recombinations of ideas or experiences the person has encountered or thought about in the recent past. The brain simply continues to deal with them in this way when you are asleep. And they certainly can be anything but 'sweet dreams!'

In my whole life (74 yrs) I can only recall two dreams that had any "real life" basis at all.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In my whole life (74 yrs) I can only recall two dreams that had any "real life" basis at all.
Really? I assume you mean that they had a connection to a real experience. If you mean instead that the dreams are not credible but more like a fantasy, I get that.

When I am awake and still can remember what the dreams of the previous night were about, it almost always is either about something that is always on my mind to some extent--such as experiences related to my job--or else strange reflections on something that had happened or that caught my eye several days earlier, usually something of no particular importance.

Upvote 0

Josh Edwards

Aug 21, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
✟16,238.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

I understand and appreciate what you're saying but if the dream was not satanic I wouldn't expect to Holy Spirit to instantly start rebuking what was going on.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
• I've been through a tough time recently, struggling with anxiety and depression as well as lust (lust has been more long term).
• I've only been born again since the summer, my father is a priest but up until then I didn't give my faith much thought.

Over the past few days I've been having demonic attacks, firstly sleep paralysis and secondly demonic dreams. During the sleep paralysis I immediately started to rebuke the evil spirit in Jesus name, it fled and I was free to move - it wasn't so much me it was the Holy Spirit praying against it because I hadn't had any time to think or realise what was happening and I was already rebuking it. During the episode which lasted no longer than 15 seconds I saw a dark, reflective disc which was emitting smoke and hovering infront of me.In my prayers later in the day I prayed against the spirit again in Jesus name anr it did not return the following night.

However the day afterwards (yesterday) I had somewhat of a wobble, I knew it was Satan attempting to throw me off because I just made massive progress in terms of my anxiety earlier that day so I didn't get annoyed or upset about it. That night I had a few demonic dreams, one looked like I was in bed and something was trying to get out my body (exorcism or something, even though I cannot be possessed because I contain the Holy Spirit) - maybe this is symbolic of the demon suffering because I am recovering and the other was just lusting after some girl who I saw that day. In both of these dreams I was non stop rebuking what was going on until I awoke.

I am sorry you are struggling in these ways. I will pray that the Lord heals your soul and protects you from all harm.

Reactions: Josh Edwards
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Now repeat your post not mentioning "me" or "I".
This is one solution to your situation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
That night I had a few demonic dreams, one looked like I was in bed and something was trying to get out my body (exorcism or something, even though I cannot be possessed because I contain the Holy Spirit)
The notion that you cannot be possessed because the Holy Spirit is in you is just church mythology, and has no scriptural basis.
Jesus told the disciples Mark16v17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons .................;
Bearing in mind that those who are enemies of God either don't believe or don't want their demons cast out, its obvious that casting demons out is primarily a ministry for the saints, delivering them from demonic bondage. That being the case, demons can indwell believers, even when their spirit has been reborn via the Holy Spirit
I have been casting demons out of Christians for about the last 40 years!
And if you believe that demons cannot indwell where the Holy Spirit is present, you need to explain why the evil elders of Israel were able to install all their pagan idols, along with their demonic masters, deep inside the temple of the Lord at Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

Josh Edwards

Aug 21, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
✟16,238.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
The notion that you cannot be possessed because the Holy Spirit is in you is just church mythology, and has no scriptural basis.
Jesus told the disciples Mark16v17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons .................;
Bearing in mind that those who are enemies of God either don't believe or don't want their demons cast out, its obvious that casting demons out is primarily a ministry for the saints, delivering them from demonic bondage. That being the case, demons can indwell believers, even when their spirit has been reborn via the Holy Spirit
I have been casting demons out of Christians for about the last 40 years!
And if you believe that demons cannot indwell where the Holy Spirit is present, you need to explain why the evil elders of Israel were able to install all their pagan idols, along with their demonic masters, deep inside the temple of the Lord at Jerusalem.
Thanks for the input, I just thought that evil spirits could only demonise the soul, not the spirit.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Thanks for the input, I just thought that evil spirits could only demonise the soul, not the spirit.
Your body is a temple. It contains your own soul and spirit.
Like the real temple, it can contain other spirits, holy or unholy.

Don't let people tell you otherwise. I have long experience of delivering Christians from indwelling demons, and seeing the freedom that flows from that.

One of the best deceptions that Satan has over the church is his own special doctrine that Christians cannot be "possessed" by demons.

This reminds me that throughout the Cold War when anyone suggested that Soviet spies and sleepers had infiltrated the unions, media, or institutions of the state (UK and USA), there was a constant stream of mockery and denial from the liberal left. Then when the Soviet Union collapsed in the early 90s, and the KGB files became accessible, all these non existent spies and paid sleepers were suddenly exposed for all to see.

Just like demons kept safe and hidden by the constant denial of the church.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2004
N
✟17,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just pray and follow God's will... Spiritual attacks usually happen to me when I'm going on the right path. (Makes Satan ANGRY) I also had an extreme sleep paralysis last night. I won't get into details. Satan is real and is out to destroy you!! REPENT

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabrina Perez

Apr 24, 2018
Peoria
✟7,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I got baptized yesterday and was attacked last night, I got sleep paralyzed and I tried screaming Jesus name but I couldn’t even open my mouth. But my mind and heart were screaming it and it released my body but I still couldn’t sleep all night. I used to be a Jehovah’s Witness so before that happened I had an odd nightmare that the watchtower building had a demon and starring right at me and I woke up to go to the bathroom and when I came back it happened. I just keep praying the Lord has protection over me and my household. I’ve been reading these and realized I’m not the only one which kinda makes me feel better.

Upvote 0