Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When was the last time that this President accepted responsibility for a decision that resulted in a negative outcome?

About the same time a post about the flaws in the Democratic Party did not result in something about how Trump was so much worse.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Back to the topic.

The loss of the Police Union endorsement can have some serious results for Democrats. First responders usually follow suit.
It can result in the loss of millions of potential people

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Back to the topic.

The loss of the Police Union endorsement can have some serious results for Democrats. First responders usually follow suit.
It can result in the loss of millions of potential people
For a Police Union to align itself with a President with an authoritarian, racist history who is running a distant 2nd in the polls, is painting itself into a political corner from which there will be no graceful exit!

Neither Trump nor the Police Union appear to recognize that the death of George Floyd marked a "watershed" moment whereby "non-black" citizens came to the realization that the decades of complaints of police brutality by African Americans were justified!

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For a Police Union to align itself with a President with an authoritarian, racist history who is running a distant 2nd in the polls, is painting itself into a political corner from which there will be no graceful exit!

Neither Trump nor the Police Union appear to recognize that the death of George Floyd marked a "watershed" moment whereby "non-black" citizens came to the realization that the decades of complaints of police brutality by African Americans were justified!

Perhaps the couple million voters they represent do not agree.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It will be interesting to see what the union rank and file will do in general. Did they tow the line in 2016? I would suspect there will be many who vote against their union bosses' Democrat wishes. After the way Trump has consistently treated law enforcement, and how Democrat mayors and governors are treating them now, this particular union would have a rebellion on its hands had it endorsed Biden.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,459.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It will be interesting to see what the union rank and file will do in general. Did they tow the line in 2016? I would suspect there will be many who vote against their union bosses' Democrat wishes. After the way Trump has consistently treated law enforcement, and how Democrat mayors and governors are treating them now, this particular union would have a rebellion on its hands had it endorsed Biden.

given how the police treat people, and how they showed their true colours over the protests, I don't think it's any loss, they had a chance to show everyone the protestors were wrong.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟109,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Redirect some of the funding to other programs" is what he said (or rather it's what the questioner said, and Biden agreed.) In my mind that is a far cry from "defund and/or eliminate" the police.

I don't know that I agree with the notion to redirect some of the funding to other programs, but yes we should be clear about what people say and not distort or exaggerate what was said. The latter has become far too common in American politics.

If your employer "redirected" your paycheck to someone else, rather than defund you, would you be ok with that?

Upvote 0

MarkSB

May 5, 2006
✟67,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If your employer "redirected" your paycheck to someone else, rather than defund you, would you be ok with that?

That sounds like another false accusation. I didn't hear him say anything about reducing headcount or pay.

And if you bothered to read my post, I said that I don't know that I agree with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0