Democratic Candidate purposely omits hie black running mate in literature.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dove is referring to a recent event where the Democrat candidate for governor, Ralph Northam, omitted his black running mate Justin Fairfax purposefully from some ticket literature recently.

“They’re saying that it’s because this particular union is not endorsing him but to me it continues a pattern of disrespect towards candidates of color in statewide races from that party when they’re supposed to be the party of inclusion.

Where is the public outcry from the Democrats?

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was going to point something out but Dove did it for me.

Dove says that the lack of public outrage could be due to the lack of coverage the issue has received. “I don’t know necessarily if the issue has resonated with the public, but I think that’s partially because it’s not getting the coverage that it probably should be getting,” added Dove. He says it deserves more attention as it’s part of a troubling trend that has included candidates of color having even been silenced at conferences in the past.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dove is referring to a recent event where the Democrat candidate for governor, Ralph Northam, omitted his black running mate Justin Fairfax purposefully from some ticket literature recently.

“They’re saying that it’s because this particular union is not endorsing him but to me it continues a pattern of disrespect towards candidates of color in statewide races from that party when they’re supposed to be the party of inclusion.

At least one, supposedly liberal, news outlet has taken notice.

Virginia Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Ralph Northam omitted any mention of Justin Fairfax, the party’s African American candidate for lieutenant governor, from about a thousand pieces of campaign literature, which Fairfax called a “mistake.” The incident has stoked tensions within the Democratic ticket, threatening to alienate African American voters three weeks before Election Day.
Black Democrat omitted from some Democratic campaign fliers in Virginia

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private

The Democrats I hear preaching diversity and inclusion tend to live in all white gated communities designed to keep minorities away. It's easy to promote diversity as long as you're not effected by it.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
At least one, supposedly liberal, news outlet has taken notice.
Black Democrat omitted from some Democratic campaign fliers in Virginia

The article actually explains what happened:

The palm cards with photos of Northam and Attorney General Mark R. Herring (D) were produced for canvassers with the Laborers’ International Union of North America (LIUNA), which asked that Fairfax be excluded because it did not endorse him. Fairfax has spoken critically of two proposed natural gas pipelines that the union supports.

Not racism, just politics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That I didn’t see. Thank you. It sheds a different light doesn’t it.
Your welcome.

Yes, it does change the view. I never would have thought about it because in my state they do run together on one ticket.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
When was the last time an organization did not endorse a running mate to the point of excluding him?

Moving beyond the point about 'running mate', the answer is all the time. This involved a union, and unions have their own opinions about particular candidates. In the California 2016 election, the California Labor Federation provided these endorsements. In the California Assembly, Cal Senate, and House of Reps endorsements, there are a number of races with no recommendation (as well as a few R's scattered among the D's).

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Obliquinaut

Сделайте Америку прекрасной
Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The article actually explains what happened:

The palm cards with photos of Northam and Attorney General Mark R. Herring (D) were produced for canvassers with the Laborers’ International Union of North America (LIUNA), which asked that Fairfax be excluded because it did not endorse him. Fairfax has spoken critically of two proposed natural gas pipelines that the union supports.

Not racism, just politics.

Well that's just a disappointment. Here it seemed like a pretty solid story of hideous democrat racism and hypocrisy. I wish there weren't so many bits of information out there that can debunk a good talking point.

Let's get back to how libruls live in gated all-white communities, can we?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Democrats I hear preaching diversity and inclusion tend to live in all white gated communities designed to keep minorities away. It's easy to promote diversity as long as you're not effected by it.
sounds like you need to meet more Democrats. :wave:
tulc(just a suggestion) :)

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
sounds like you need to meet more Democrats. :wave:
tulc(just a suggestion) :)
Have you noticed that the description of Democrats has changed from things like "bleeding hearts" to one of deliberately keeping minorities from succeeding, through social benefit programs.
They've gone from people with too much compassion to evil hearted demons.

Upvote 0