• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Delivered From 30year Heroin Addiction

Josephus777

Servant of the Most High
Apr 10, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟8,199.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
But God Who is rich in mercy set me free and filled me with His Spirit. He set my feet upon the rock He gave me joy for mourning he filled me with awe and wonder and reverence for His name. He gave my life meaning and purpose. Be encouraged if He did this for me He will do it for you For He is no respecter of persons
I won't say it has been easy but if it had not been for the Lord who was on my side The devil would surely would have had me assassinated I am now writing a book Prostitutes and Drunken Sailors in it you will find my testimony it reads like a novel because my life was so unbelievable I hope this post blesses someone:amen:

Josephus777

Servant of the Most High
Apr 10, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟8,199.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
AMEN! My time of addiction has been much shorter, but he has delivered me and I've been clean for 13 days. The beauty is within us.
Praise the Lord send them to me pm

Upvote 0

angini

Mar 30, 2008
nevada
✟7,662.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Your post has blessed me, Josephus. I am still struggling, tapering off of codeine/soma/fioricet all at the same time. I am about half-way done.

I am finding the psychological and spiritual craving harder than the physical withdrawal. I am praying alot, and I am on this forum (and one other) quite often. I have found something in the Lord Jesus Christ that I can't give up this time. I absolutely have to go for it, have to get clean, and find out what this is that I am being led towards.

I know if the Lord has done it for you and others, He will do it for me. I have gone back to the Church, and had an absolutely wonderful experience this past Sunday. I am also going to some NA meetings. I stay vigilant in prayer and reading the Bible every day, but I am scared I won't make it. I also have a long history-many years-of substance abuse.

Thank you for your story.
Angie

Upvote 0

secretshadows618

Breaking Chains
May 15, 2009
Texas
✟7,996.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But God Who is rich in mercy set me free and filled me with His Spirit. He set my feet upon the rock He gave me joy for mourning he filled me with awe and wonder and reverence for His name. He gave my life meaning and purpose. Be encouraged if He did this for me He will do it for you For He is no respecter of persons
I won't say it has been easy but if it had not been for the Lord who was on my side The devil would surely would have had me assassinated I am now writing a book Prostitutes and Drunken Sailors in it you will find my testimony it reads like a novel because my life was so unbelievable I hope this post blesses someone:amen:

Thats amazing! God really is good! :) My addiction wasn't as long lasted as yours. I was misusing prescription drugs for about 2 years. I'm glad to say that on the 31st of this month will mark the 2 year that I've been clean. God is good. Keep using your encouraging testimony to remind people of that!

secretshadows

Upvote 0

Jeffz

one man free
Sep 3, 2009
Union Grove, WI, USA
✟8,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your post has blessed me, Josephus. I am still struggling, tapering off of codeine/soma/fioricet all at the same time. I am about half-way done.

I am finding the psychological and spiritual craving harder than the physical withdrawal. I am praying alot, and I am on this forum (and one other) quite often. I have found something in the Lord Jesus Christ that I can't give up this time. I absolutely have to go for it, have to get clean, and find out what this is that I am being led towards.

I know if the Lord has done it for you and others, He will do it for me. I have gone back to the Church, and had an absolutely wonderful experience this past Sunday. I am also going to some NA meetings. I stay vigilant in prayer and reading the Bible every day, but I am scared I won't make it. I also have a long history-many years-of substance abuse.

Thank you for your story.
Angie

Hi Angie, From one who has been set free, You Can Make It. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us....I was addicted to methadone for over 22 years, crack, herion, codiene...etc. But now I am free, had my last hit on june 24, 2006. Praise God!! I didn't think I would ever be able to live without my "lover" she was a hard task master. Ah but there is One who is much stronger! Jesus is now my beloved, and His burden is not burdensome.
He is able to break your bondage, know this that the Holy Spirit is our power over addiction and a life of bondage. I speak to your spirit "be at peace in the love of the Lord your God, let His love pierce your heart even as you read this message, I speak strength and peace to your inner man. Thank you Lord Jesus for your mind that you are imparting to Angie. Be renewed in your spirit Angie and seek the Lord while He may be found.
one man set free,
Jeff:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums