• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured Defunding the police: 22 Victims Shot, One Fatally, Across NYC in Bloody Sunday Overnight

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by Lord Vega, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Lord Vega

Lord Vega King NES

+146
    United States
    United Methodist
    Single
    US-Republican
    From the article:

A man was gunned down overnight in the Bronx, one of 22 people — including several teens — shot across the city Sunday into Monday, cops confirmed said.

{snip}

A total of 16 shootings involving 20 victims occurred citywide on Sunday alone, according to preliminary figures released by the NYPD. That’s in stark contrast to the same day in 2019, when no shootings were reported at all.

{snip}

On Saturday, five shooting incidents with five victims were reported, compared to none on that day last year.

The same numbers were reported on Friday. On that day in 2019, only one person was shot.

A total of 49 shooting incidents with 57 victims rocked the city last week, according to police sources.

Eight murders were reported.

Original article: https://nypost.com/2020/08/03/19-shot-one-fatally-in-bloody-sunday-across-nyc/

This is what happens when you defund the police: crime goes up.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+12,232
    Christian
    Married
    NYC has not defunded their police.

As far as I know, Camden NJ is the only city that had done that, and that was several years ago.

3. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+1,749
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    You are correct NYC has not yet defunded the police they simply demoralized them and made it almost impossible for them to do the job. The violent crime in the city is on the rise in response.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+4,060
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    How have they made it almost impossible for them to do their job. Specifics would help.

5. Arc F1

Arc F1 Let the righteous man arise from slumber Supporter

+1,092
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Instead of fighting crime they are watching paint on the black top.

6. Arc F1

Arc F1 Let the righteous man arise from slumber Supporter

+1,092
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  7. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+4,060
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    If you looked into it you would find that about half of that money was for School Resource Officers which was shifted to the Department of Ed, who will probably just use that money to contract with the NYPD and most of the rest was for infrastructure improvement (building repair). The only aspect that might affect actually policing on the street is cutting the next class at the Academy, but they wouldn't have graduated by now any way.

8. Lord Vega

Lord Vega King NES

+146
    United States
    United Methodist
    Single
    US-Republican
    How is that going to prevent crime?

9. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+4,060
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    Fixing police buildings isn't going to prevent crime. This budget has no real effect on the actual policing work done on the streets since it doesn't change the amount of personnel and most of the things that police would pull overtime for are already cancelled due to COVID.

10. disciple Clint

+1,749
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Do you not read the news or at least watch the news on tv?

11. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+4,060
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    If it's all over the news you should easily be able to answer my question then.

12. disciple Clint

+1,749
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    And you can easily find it so go for it

13. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+4,060
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    So you have no specific examples or proof? Cool.

14. disciple Clint

+1,749
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    so you can not use google, too bad

15. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+4,060
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    No, I'm simply not going to waste my time trying to prove your point for you.

16. disciple Clint

+1,749
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    nor am I going to waste my time providing information that is available to anyone who cares enough to look for it.

17. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+4,060
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    I only have your word that it's available. "Making it practically impossible to do their jobs" isn't a fact, it's an opinion. If you were able to tell me actual actions that had been taken, well then even those I could look up. But if you are stating an opinion, you should provide the basis for that opinion.

18. disciple Clint

+1,749
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    let me give you a hint, look under NYC police morale.

19. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+4,060
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    Oh no, their feelings are hurt so they can't do their jobs. Poor little babies.

20. disciple Clint

+1,749
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    something tells me that you would not hesitate for one instant calling those babies to protect you from the big bad criminals that look for weak foolish victims as easy targets.