Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hear people declare that the MMSR (Modern Modular Sporting Rifle) is used for one thing only and that is to kill people. Well, I use mine with a night scope to hunt hogs and varmints that need thinning out such as coyotes (both kill calves and fawns and have been known to attack them while the mother is still weak from birthing). No, the MMSR is not single purpose because there is a sporting use called 3-Gun Competition which takes a lot of skill development. A lot of older people especially like 3-Gun because it is something that they can do to keep their mental faculties sharp and gets them outdoors and exercised.
That said I have to point out there is a new modification being pushed on the traditional shotguns that would fit that category and one I would not mind seeing go away. That is what I call the pure corruption of the the classic shotgun which as been concocted for one purpose only. Call it home or business defense. Call it personal defense. Call it what you will, there is noting this arrangement is good for but to kill people. I am not opposed to shotguns, of course. Each of my shotguns from 12 gauge to .410 bore were purchased for hunting first. Then I purchased the short security barrel and the tactical grip for the 12 gauge and the 20 gauge. So they are good for and are used for hunting and skeet and trap in the long gun arrangement. Then once I get home and clean them they are stored with the short security barrel and tactical stock for my wife or I to grab in case of a door kick-in breach. So they have a dual purpose, not JUST for killing people. I am bringing this up just to ask that you consider purchasing a shotgun, to get the package deal. Who knows, you just might want to go skeeter hunting some day. Christian Gun Owners are Ethical Gun Owners.
All Purpose Shotgun.jpg

Last edited:

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I have my old standby Remington 870 pump that is multifaceted and can be arranged a 100 different ways, However I like the 26 in vent rib barrel for turkey hunting and all around usage. So I have it on there 24-7 and I know the pattern it throws with Federal no 5s . It is a great home defense option as well because just the very sound of a pump action 12 ga working a shell into the chamber is a deterrent. lol

• Agree
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have my old standby Remington 870 pump that is multifaceted and can be arranged a 100 different ways, However I like the 26 in vent rib barrel for turkey hunting and all around usage. So I have it on there 24-7 and I know the pattern it throws with Federal no 5s . It is a great home defense option as well because just the very sound of a pump action 12 ga working a shell into the chamber is a deterrent. lol
Exactly what I mean. In that we are fighting to keep the 2nd Amendment alive from those who want to assemble a bunch of kids to destroy it I don't see whereas stirring the pot has any real value. Making and selling a shotgun with a single configuration to use for security only begs to be attacked on the home-front for producing a gun only good for killing people. It just doesn't seem to be the smart thing to do, at least from my point of view.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Another thing. If you are carrying legally and there is no signage forbidding carrying, please don't ask. If you do then the manager can only say No. Don't carry in here. If there is no signage (at least in Texas) they don't want you to ask and do not care, but if you ask they must say no. From a legal source.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
While these "multi-use" guns may provide some good PR, let's remember the cold hard truth: sometimes killing people is the only way to protect yourself and the people around you from death or great bodily harm at the hands of a criminal attacker.

We don't want to kill anyone; we just want to stop the attack. But deadly force used against innocents usually requires deadly force to stop it, and in that process, criminals are sometimes killed.

Can you liberals handle the truth?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
While these "multi-use" guns may provide some good PR, let's remember the cold hard truth: sometimes killing people is the only way to protect yourself and the people around you from death or great bodily harm at the hands of a criminal attacker.

We don't want to kill anyone; we just want to stop the attack. But deadly force used against innocents usually requires deadly force to stop it, and in that process, criminals are sometimes killed.

Can you handle the truth?
I was hoping you would get the gist. My 12 gauge with tactical stock and short security barrel is technically no different to us who use guns. It racks like it, it shoots like it, it makes a mess like it. The difference is with the multi-use arrangement I can also hunt with full length pull and barrels and chokes so it isn't JUST about protection from bad humans. If the arrangement I buy is like those shown with a pistol grip and short barrel and I don't own anything to make it back into a hunting shotgun then I have it for one reason only. Killing people. The same sad argument given by those against the MMSR which is less true since a lot of us hunt with them.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm all for multi-use and convertibility. A 26" barrel brings down ducks better than an 18" barrel, I assume.

Most of my high-capacity rifles look very innocent, like Uncle Jack's deer rifle. I like keeping a low profile.

I just think (rightly or wrongly) that we shouldn't run from the facts of self-defense; if we run, the antis will chase us. :)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
is this a modern Blunderbuss which was the forerunner of today's shotguns ?
If you mean my picture, no. It is a 12 gauge pump shotgun that is sold as you see it. They have taken to selling them as a fad item when the original 870 with tactical stock and short security barrel can be exchanged for home security just as well. You just can't use their short version for organized skeet or trap nor for legitimate hunting.

Upvote 0

mozo41

Jun 6, 2017
london
✟50,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you mean my picture, no. It is a 12 gauge pump shotgun that is sold as you see it. They have taken to selling them as a fad item when the original 870 with tactical stock and short security barrel can be exchanged for home security just as well. You just can't use their short version for organized skeet or trap nor for legitimate hunting.

no, i was referring to the modern blunderbuss ....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just to add, this idea that if you protect your firearms and ammunition by locking it up then you are giving in to the anti-2A liberal communists is bulloney. When I was a young man at home and with a new family, in the military and police department the idea of cleaning your gun and locking it up along with your ammo was common sense teaching by my dad and grandpa and especially my grandmother who used the 16 gauge filled with rock salt for those cows that got into her garden. Locking up your gun and ammo was expected in the military and in the police department as well. There was no excuse for anybody to get hurt or lose you gun to petty thieves. NONE. Today I have cable locks and a safe in my truck and I don't care if I am going around the corner, they get locked up. If I am concerned about scratching up my nice finish job, I put them in a case and lock the case to the cable. Nothing is perfect. Nothing is 100 percent thief proof. But if I can slow the thief down just enough to make a ruckus trying to break the cables or bust the gun safe and draw attention I feel pretty sure they are going to leave for easier pickings.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh. I misunderstood. I have never seen a modern blunderbuss. My understanding of the blunderbuss was that the wide mouth had very little effect on the pattern. It was more to help the shootist with reloading while on a ship or small boat or boarding.

Upvote 0

mozo41

Jun 6, 2017
london
✟50,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh. I misunderstood. I have never seen a modern blunderbuss. My understanding of the blunderbuss was that the wide mouth had very little effect on the pattern. It was more to help the shootist with reloading while on a ship or small boat or boarding.

this ones breach loaded
fda059bbfa2b7d56cdf2fb3e8b81ef3a.jpg

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can disagree. That is the beauty of America and you can build what you want. But I don't think that was what I meant if it comes across that way. I was trying to make the point that anti-2a claim that the AR-15 was ONLY made for killing people when that isn't true. It has been in civilian ownership for over 50 years and has been used for many sport purposes whereas the shotgun I pointed out was made for one thing only. That said, for about the same price you can get a combo and hunt AND protect your home so why stir the pot? Do what you want but not everybody knows what I wrote and took time to make a picture of so I wanted to share that with them. You, on the other hand, have more experience so you know what you want.

Upvote 0