✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Deeper Fellowship Statement of Purpose

This forum is not the place to discuss or debate church practices, specific church leaders, interpretations of Scripture or theological topics."

How does one have a deeper fellowship with God and not discuss "theological topics"?

If this post violates the purpose of the forum I will be happy to remove it. This is a serous question however since most of the posts here discuss interpretations of Scripture and theological topics.

Reactions: K2K

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This forum is not the place to discuss or debate church practices, specific church leaders, interpretations of Scripture or theological topics."

How does one have a deeper fellowship with God and not discuss "theological topics"?

If this post violates the purpose of the forum I will be happy to remove it. This is a serous question however since most of the posts here discuss interpretations of Scripture and theological topics.
I personally think that walking in the Spirit daily deepens our relationship with Him. He is Love and there is not much room for debate about that!
Everyday we encounter people, places and things. If we see a homeless person we extend our love by giving them assistance. If we stroll our garden we see the beauty in nature and it expands our hearts with love and appreciation. And when we see the marvels of invention we appreciate the gifts that God gives us to support a better life. Deeper fellowship with God has much to do with our surroundings, as Love, is the catalyst to His will in our lives.
Blessings

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I personally think that walking in the Spirit daily deepens our relationship with Him. He is Love and there is not much room for debate about that!
Everyday we encounter people, places and things. If we see a homeless person we extend our love by giving them assistance. If we stroll our garden we see the beauty in nature and it expands our hearts with love and appreciation. And when we see the marvels of invention we appreciate the gifts that God gives us to support a better life. Deeper fellowship with God has much to do with our surroundings, as Love, is the catalyst to His will in our lives.
Blessings

2019-10-09 03.34.47 www.google.com 045222eef329.png

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Is the term "He is Love" not an interpretation of scripture and also a theological topic?

Both expressly forbidden in the forum guide lines.

I am no filing a complaint because I happen to agree with the poster. However if someone in the DF forum takes a position that I disagree with should I report it as a violation based on the guide lines?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Stone-n-Steel
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I report it as a violation based on the guide lines?
You can report anyone you no longer want to have fellowship with because you take a chance on them being banned when you report them. Satan is the one that goes around accusing people. Just like there are atheists on here that are always accusing people.

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can report anyone you no longer want to have fellowship with because you take a chance on them being banned when you report them. Satan is the one that goes around accusing people. Just like there are atheists on here that are always accusing people.

I have no plans on reporting people. I just found it odd that in this forum I posted a theological item and had complaints such that the post was removed. No note other than it is gone and someone sending me a PM stating it violated the guidelines. In this forum we are not supposed to discuss theological topics. Boggle :\

FYI. I do find your posts to be helpful and insightful.

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  1. I have been told that quoting the Bible can be a violation.

Rom. 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

"Bring it on!" :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You should ask a moderator it is clear that the members that have responded so far, no offense to them, have no idea about what your asking. I would no even try to respond because I myself have no answer

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My take is here we do not discuss subjects you mention, but we specialize in sharing how we are growing in Jesus. We help encourage one another, by sharing how we have benefited from being Christians, so we grow more and share this to help one another.

So, this is the subject . . . here. We might share a scripture, but not in order to discuss or debate it, itself, but how it is helping us personally, I would say.

So . . . possibly as an example > I have greatly benefited from Colossians 3:15 >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

In prayer, after feeding on this scripture, I have been much more attentive to being still and quiet, in order to discover how God would personally share with me in His peace, and how He would have me seeing things that are an issue for me . . . how peace has me enlightened and encouraged, and discover how I can be creative in peace to love any other person. This works very well, I am finding, always pleasantly surprised and impressed by God.

And, often after I go back into situations where I have had issues, I am blessed to see how well God has had things going better . . . better than however I might have imagined trying to change things.

So, may be here we have a scripture which may be quoted, but with personal experience shared.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That is a great question and the reply seem very week to me. For example the very first words I heard the Lord personally tell me were, "READ YOUR BIBLE'. I did like He personally told me and among others things, He regularly discusses the Bible and meanings in it with me.

Now I hear from Him about a dozen times a day, and the most common thing I hear from Him is "Karl, I love you.", but that does not mean that He doesn't discuss scripture and what we would call "theological topics" with me. And my "Deeper Fellowship" comes from having all those discussions with Him, including discussion on "theological topics".

The Lord said through Isaiah Is 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together. " - and isn't it interesting that the Lord followed that up by saying, ""Though your sins are as scarlet, they will be as white as snow"-- So there is a great verse about having a "Deeper Relationship" with the Lord but the reasoning directly implies "theological topics" and discussion. Have we not read that iron sharpens iron?

Now by reading many of the responses, I can see that it is felt that this section "deeper fellowship" if meant by many to talk about love and many see a direct connection between loving other and having a deeper relationship with God. For example one person writes "We help encourage one another, by sharing how we have benefited from being Christians, so we grow more and share this to help one another." Well how can they write that and not realize that sharing a "theological topic' that the Lord went over with you is indeed "sharing how we have benefited from being Christian. Haven't they fail to see the hypocrisy in their own statement and reaction?

A deeper relationship for me involves the things the Lord teaches me. My "theology" is my understanding of Him, and that for me primarily comes from Him talking to me, but it can also come from what others say about their understanding of Him which is by definition, 'their theology'.

Since we all know in part, or am I getting into something forbidden by men, it does become valuable and specifically valuable for my deeper understand and thus deeper fellowship, that I am able to hear what others are picking up when they reason with the Lord. I can take others "Theology" to the Lord and get His reasoning on it.

Definition of theology

1 : the study of religious faith, practice, and experience

How can we say that we are to sharing what God is dong with us and at the same time say you cann't discuss your "theology" when our theology is our "study of religious faith, practice, and experience".
Face it, the question in the OP was obviously an excellent question the points to a serious problem in this section of the forum!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Stone-n-Steel
Upvote 0