Oshawa
✟9,936.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I've tried posting this in the courting couples section with no luck in replies, and I'm not able to post in the Single's Questions section of the married couples area, so here I am.

When it comes to asking and answering serious questions about one another (ie. stance on abortion, previous relationships, areas of struggle [inappropriate content, alcohol, gossip, etc]), how would you approach such topics with your significant other?

I'm not currently dating or married, but am preparing for the day that will come. I want to learn about my SO, and for her to learn about me. I'm an awkward introvert, and unsure of how to bring up such potentialy heavy discussions smoothly.

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Many of these topics will come up naturally in the first few months of dating (like alcohol for example). When a relationship starts getting serious (or before then), you and the other person should be comfortable talking about anything, including serious topics. You and the other person should have discussed each of these thoroughly before even thinking about getting engaged.

Reactions: NurseAbigail
Upvote 0

Spencer_3433

Nov 20, 2017
Oshawa
✟9,936.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for your reply :)

I'm not concerned that there will be a feeling of discomfort bringing up these conversations. I'm looking for some input on helpful ways to bring up those topics that don't naturally come up over the course of a relationship. My idea would be to make a list of the questions that still need/want to be asked, and set a time to go over them. I'd like to hear what has worked for other couples or people.

You and the other person should have discussed each of these thoroughly before even thinking about getting engaged.

There is no other person at this time, and I have never been engaged.

Upvote 0