• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Declaration of Encouragement

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hi

I wanted everyone to know that I'm a 27 year old man and a virgin. I've lived my entire life addicted to inappropriate contentography and masturbation however and am recently walking free of that addiction. It's been a hard and long battle but currently I am no longer doing those things.

I want people to know and especially other guys that this is the standard. We all must walk in self control and there is no need to follow along with the rest of the world in carousing your desires. You can choose to walk away from it but you will need the help of God to see it through.

You're not alone. We are all struggling to stay pure but purity is just the start. It's not the end. So you will need to be pure or you will suffer increasingly as I have where I narrowly escaped death and am still struggling to get my health back on track.

So take this encouragement and press on to know the Lord. He is righteous and he commands us to walk in the light.

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 119:9-11
How can a young man keep his way pure?
By guarding it according to thy word.
With my whole heart I seek thee;
let me not wander from thy commandments!
I have laid up thy word in my heart,
that I might not sin against thee.

Fill your mind continuously with the Word of God (especially Jesus who IS the WORD) and there will be little time or mental space for things that are not pleasing to Him.

Upvote 0