• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Death of family pet

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwd3885

Nov 18, 2004
✟150.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I know that on the scale of deaths, the loss of a pet isn't nearly as significant as a person obviously. But our family lost our first pet dog today. It was bound to happen, she was a shi-tzu, 15 years old. I am 22 now and my siblings are 21 and 18 respectively. We got this dog when she was just born 15 years ago. She grew up with our family and was a great friend to all of us.

Please pray for God to heal all.

God Bless

secretx

Jan 12, 2007
✟7,838.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
my baby (toy poodle) died two Mays ago, on the 1st (i only remember because i noticed the calendar said it was May Day). She was 19 years old, we got her when I was two and a half about. So she was at first like a second mother (she would bark at me and my bro if we fought, it was quite funny, like she was disciplining us), then a sister to me, and lastly my precious baby. She followed me everywhere at home constantly. I was the only one she'd let hold her upright on my hip with just my arm cuz she'd hold on with her front legs :D

Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know I am late to this thread, but I am so sorry for your loss. Believe me, the loss of one of my dogs would be devastating to me, I understand how painful it can be.

I hope that you have been feeling better these days. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been deeply grieving the loss of my precious baby Belle. :cry:

She was my prissy girl, my sweet girl, my pretty girl, my smart girl, my baby, my companion, my reason for getting up in the morning. :cry:

I am trying to come to terms with the fact that I will never see her again, never hear her beautiful voice, see her beautiful blue eyes. She was always with me, every day, for 14 years. Her absence leaves a huge hole in my life.:( I truely don't know how to live without her.:(

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have been deeply grieving the loss of my precious baby Belle. :cry:

She was my prissy girl, my sweet girl, my pretty girl, my smart girl, my baby, my companion, my reason for getting up in the morning. :cry:

I am trying to come to terms with the fact that I will never see her again, never hear her beautiful voice, see her beautiful blue eyes. She was always with me, every day, for 14 years. Her absence leaves a huge hole in my life.:( I truely don't know how to live without her.:(
I'm so sorry, Auntie. :(

Four+ years later and I still grieve the loss of my baby-dog. It does get easier over time, but I'm not sure the pain ever really goes away.

Reactions: Auntie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i think we should post pictures of our pets, like from when we got them to when they were grown. Does anyone like this idea?

Yes.:) But I don't have too many pics of Belle. I guess I thought I would have her forever.:( I have a few pics when she was a pup, and a few pics taken a couple months before she died. That's all.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh boy, I have a problem. The last pics of Belle had red-eye. I took the pics to a photo shop, and they did a horrible job of removing the red-eye. This pic doesn't look anything like her eyes, not at all.

I'm posting the pic anyway, because I want you all to see her, but her eyes were a beautiful blue.:(

UGH, the pic is too big.:( I don't know how to make it smaller.:(

Trying to resize........

Attachments

• Belle - 1.jpg
    Belle - 1.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 45
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, what a beautiful baby! I love her coloring!

She had a "coat of many colors".:) I hate the way that photo shop ruined her eyes. I'm going to have to find someone who can fix that.:sigh:

I'll post puppy pics tomorrow when I'm not so tired.:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.