Death Note anyone?

R

Reicho

I've been into Death Note for a about a year now. It's one of my absolute favorite anime and manga. The fascinating plot is completely unique from most other anime and manga. It's a nice break from all of the cliche action ones. And the artwork is stunning and beautiful in both the anime and manga. I've read all of the books (including "How to Read" and "The L.A. B.B. Case Files") and I've seen numerous bits and pieces of the anime. I haven't had enough time to watch he entire anime and I refuse to watch the dub because the Japanese voice actors did such an amazing job.
Like most fans, I love L. How could you not? Every aspect of his character is intriguing and awesome. My other favorite characters are Mello and Misa. Mello is so headstrong, yet incredibly calculating and slightly insane. Plus, chocolate rules. Spoiler: Mello was the only character that I wanted to live in the end. Initially, I didn't like Misa at all, but, after thinking about her character a lot, I've grown to love her. She's so much more than simply a stereotypical fangirl. Mikami is another great character. His "sakujo moments" in the anime are hilarious. In the anime, his loyalty to Light was extraordinary. The only characters that I really dislike are Light and Near. Near was boring. Plain and simple. Light would've probably been one of my favorite characters, if it wasn't for one little thing... Spoiler: He can't lose with grace. The rolling on the floor and his twelve page rant was pathetic. He should've realized that he lost and admitted defeat. But that wouldn't be very in-character, now would it? :) Oh well...

Reactions: ScarletWitch
Upvote 0

notanordinarygirl

Threaten me with immortality.
Oct 29, 2005
Olympia, WA
✟14,535.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
My favorite characters are

L - because, let's face it, he is the best :D

Mello - because he is just two obsessed with being number one and I can relate to that

Near - because he is wickedly smart and just adorable, plus he is so socially restricted that it's cruel ^_^

And Matt - because the fangirls had corrupted my brain waaaay before I met him, lol

But I am also a bit fond of Misa (I have no idea why) and Matsuda (because he's funny xD).

Upvote 0

guitargeekette

Jamaica's own little Christian rocker...
Mar 31, 2008
Kingston
✟7,903.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

L - because, let's face it, he is the best :D

Mello - because he is just two obsessed with being number one and I can relate to that

Near - because he is wickedly smart and just adorable, plus he is so socially restricted that it's cruel ^_^

And Matt - because the fangirls had corrupted my brain waaaay before I met him, lol

But I am also a bit fond of Misa (I have no idea why) and Matsuda (because he's funny xD).
I notice shee didn't have Light lol! Good call.

I liked him then I got to really despise the character. L-The Boss, Near-cool too, and Matsuda-Hilarious. I only like Misa for her amazingly high-pitched decibels!!
Oh and I like Ryuk because he re-introduced "Juicy" into my vocabulary!!

Upvote 0

toirewadokodesuka

Dec 15, 2007
✟862.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You mean you don't know!? D:

Omigosh, you're so lucky! I spoiled it for myself months ago. :cry:

How much Death Note have you seen? I just finished watching all the episodes online last night - couldn't wait for next Saturday's episode after... IT happened. :cry:

OnLy EpIsOdE oNe @___@
:eek::eek::eek:
Terrible hey!

Upvote 0

notanordinarygirl

Threaten me with immortality.
Oct 29, 2005
Olympia, WA
✟14,535.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I notice shee didn't have Light lol! Good call.

I liked him then I got to really despise the character. L-The Boss, Near-cool too, and Matsuda-Hilarious. I only like Misa for her amazingly high-pitched decibels!!
Oh and I like Ryuk because he re-introduced "Juicy" into my vocabulary!!
Lol! I really don't like Light at all! :D

I mean, I can understand him, and am even tempted to side with him at some points, but the fact is that I really dislike the character because of him doing "x" and "y"; and I also think that, although he is brilliant, he is not mature enough to see his own inconsistencies. Among other things. ^.^

And ugh. The way Misa sings in the dub... I did not like it. I was hoping she would have had a better singing voice... I'm guessing that, in the original version, it's better. :)

Upvote 0

ShinigamiMommy

Viva Humans! We are God. God is us.
Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Visit site
✟19,274.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I refuse to watch the dub because the Japanese voice actors did such an amazing job.

100% agreed. The American dubs KILLED Death Note. I watched them when they were originally released though a fan sub group and the Japanese voice actors did the perfect job of capturing their character. And what does America do? Makes Light seem like a stuck up emo kid and L sounds like Microsoft Sam. >.<

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Theory

Bagpipes well could he blow.
May 23, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Visit site
✟2,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
100% agreed. The American dubs KILLED Death Note. I watched them when they were originally released though a fan sub group and the Japanese voice actors did the perfect job of capturing their character. And what does America do? Makes Light seem like a stuck up emo kid and L sounds like Microsoft Sam. >.<
I haven't seen the English dub of Death Note... but generally speaking, I'll take a sub any day over an overdub. (The one exception I can think of is with the Studio Ghibli movies... the English overdub on those are perfect).

Upvote 0

Ninjitsu14

Captain of 3rd Division in the Army of god
Apr 13, 2004
ate oh sicks
✟58,420.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
They should have had Christina Aguilera do Misa's singing voice. It goes perfectly with Misa's character.

L, because he is wickedly smart. In the end though, he finally realized Light was Kira D:

Mello, because he WOULD HAVE beat Light, had he not been killed by Takada (or whoever she is. My friend calls her Useless)

Misa, because, let's face it, she's the cooliest. XD

My least favorite characters are...

The investigation team. They are WAAAAAAY too stupid, and are easily manipulated by Light.

Light, because what begins as good intentions turns into a mass-murder killing spree. He could simply have executed the criminals who were already on death row, and people would have got the picture....

Near, because he cheated to win :(

Matsuda, because his English voice is annoying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

guitargeekette

Mar 31, 2008
Kingston
✟7,903.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

L, because he is wickedly smart. In the end though, he finally realized Light was Kira D:

My least favorite characters are...

The investigation team. They are WAAAAAAY too stupid, and are easily manipulated by Light.

Light, because what begins as good intentions turns into a mass-murder killing spree. He could simply have executed the criminals who were already on death row, and people would have got the picture....

Matsuda, because his English voice is annoying.

Agreed My friend, agreed.

Upvote 0

Ninjitsu14

Captain of 3rd Division in the Army of god
Apr 13, 2004
ate oh sicks
✟58,420.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I wanted L to beat Light in the end. I think it would have been cool if the successors of L ended up helping L beat Light. Afterwards, I think it would have been a good final episode with L selecting his successor, and retiring from detective work.

1. Light rots in his cell until he dies.

2. Near becomes the second L, and Mello his assistant. Mello hates this life...See #6

3. Misa escapes conviction of being the second Kira by giving away posession of her book. She moves to America and lives a life free of any memories of Light or the Death Note.

4. Mikami is trialed and convicting along with Light. He asks Light his "god" to rid him of his worthless servant. Light constructs a gun out of jail materials and kills Mikami.

5. Takada, useless as ever, gets hit by a truck on her way to work.

6. Mello ends up receiving Misa's Death Note. He uses it in a second mental war with his peer and rival Near....

Upvote 0

ShinigamiMommy

Viva Humans! We are God. God is us.
Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Visit site
✟19,274.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I thought Light would become a Shinigami. They said a person with the Death Note would not go to heaven or hell, so I was expecting Light to be the next Ryuk or something.

But the show has a good point. Make your mark on the Earth before you die because death just may be the end.

Upvote 0

guitargeekette

Mar 31, 2008
Kingston
✟7,903.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I thought Light would become a Shinigami. I was expecting Light to be the next Ryuk or something.

But the show has a good point. Make your mark on the Earth before you die because death just may be the end.

Well remember Ryuk did say that he would write Light's name down when he died so...there. And We should make our mark...just not like how Light did it ^_^

Upvote 0