United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Very scary!

I'm in the medical field as an EMT. I am at high risk of Contracting the virus and with my asthma, not sure I would survive.

I am seriously considering a new profession.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Very scary!

I'm in the medical field as an EMT. I am at high risk of Contracting the virus and with my asthma, not sure I would survive.

Aw God bless you. That would be so stressful. You have a hard job already. One that is so important but hard on you I'm sure.

• Informative
Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Very scary!

Thank you for putting yourself in harms way so that others may live.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Trump just asked the news people to not incite panic.
I'd say the virus is a bit more of a problem at this point than the news media. Viruses don't really care what tone you adopt.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'd say the virus is a bit more of a problem at this point than the news media. Viruses don't really care what tone you adopt.

We also don't want everyone going out and sporting masks...or do we?

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why not? Masks don't do anyone any harm and they can provide some protection (N95 respirators more so than surgical masks.)

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In areas where the infection is active, yes we do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Why not? Masks don't do anyone any harm and they can provide some protection (N95 respirators more so than surgical masks.)

Well, for one, we don't have the supply...so I hear. Also, what kind of a tone would this set on society? I also hear that Chinese restaurants are suffering now already.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Well, for one, we don't have the supply...so I hear. Also, what kind of a tone would this set on society? I also hear that Chinese restaurants are suffering now already.

Well the families of the thousands of ppl who died from the coronavirus in China are definitely suffering more.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
What a shame :(

But we should be losing our marbles over the flu - not this.

There's a whole spectrum of appropriate responses in between being losing your marbles & being flippant about it.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, for one, we don't have the supply...so I hear.
Which kind of makes it a moot question, doesn't it? I have a couple of N95 dust masks in my shop, and I fully intend to wear one when I go out, once community transmission comes to my area.
Also, what kind of a tone would this set on society?
I don't see why it sets a bad tone any more than washing your hands or covering your mouth does.
I also hear that Chinese restaurants are suffering now already.
Well, that's just stupid -- avoiding Chinese restaurants doesn't protect you from this virus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But we should be losing our marbles over the flu - not this.
This is a substantially larger threat than seasonal flu, since it appears to have a case fatality rate five to ten times higher and is entering a wholly susceptible population.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Which kind of makes it a moot question, doesn't it? I have a couple of N95 dust masks in my shop, and I fully intend to wear one when I go out, once community transmission comes to my area.

This is understandable. I guess I am speaking of society possibly overdoing it by mass mask wearing and shutting down schools and businesses, due to a distant threat. If it comes to town then, of course, we should take precautions.

I don't see why it sets a bad tone any more than washing your hands or covering your mouth does.

Well, masks are not discreet and they tend to strike a more urgent note upon groups of people. I guess they can also lend some comfort as a real/perceived layer of protection from this virus.

Well, that's just stupid -- avoiding Chinese restaurants doesn't protect you from this virus.

I agree and I have to do some research to see if Chinese restaurants are indeed being affected by this.

*A quick Google search does seem to confirm that Asian Restaurants are losing business due to this crisis. This is the kind of panic that I am concerned about.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is understandable. I guess I am speaking of society possibly overdoing it by mass mask wearing and shutting down schools and businesses, due to a distant threat. If it comes to town then, of course, we should take precautions.
Quite. It's the sort of thing that should be decided by public health professionals, not by politicians. (Or rather, by politicians based on consultations with the public health people.)
I agree and I have to do some research to see if Chinese restaurants are indeed being affected by this.
Oh, it wouldn't surprise me if people were behaving this way. Humans are pretty irrational, especially when they're frightened. And this one is frightening -- at least I find it frightening, and I study infectious diseases for a living. It's not going to be apocalyptic, but the next year or so is likely to be pretty unpleasant.

Upvote 0