• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dealing with sexual assault after

D.A. Wright

Stealth Defender Of Holy Writ
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have an amazon kindle app on my iPad does that work the same? I was going to sell my iPad today so I could get my prescriptions for the disease prevention but I will wait. I’ll take any material I can get my hands on. Would I just give you my email the account is attached to?
DO NOT PUT OFF DISEASE PREVENTION MEDS
CharlieSheena(at)me(dot)com

Lmk when you see this so I can delete
GOT IT

Upvote 0

Sheeniebeanie

Aug 21, 2019
Hell, Michigan
✟8,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
DO NOT PUT OFF DISEASE PREVENTION MEDS

GOT IT
I am not intentionally doing this I was robbed when I was raped I have no money absolutely nothing so I’m trying to see if I can sell my iPad or something now to go to the pharmacy. I haven’t been at work in 3 days I already won’t be able to pay my rent let alone food bc I’m supposed to be out for the entire week. This isn’t exactly a good situation.

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You should have no problem reading the book on your phone. And you're most welcome!
You should receive an email from Amazon within 5 minutes with instructions. Hang in there, Kiddo. Gotta go for now but like I said, I'll be praying for you and checking on you soon. Ah, looks like you got it already. :clap::amen::angel::wave::);):D:cool:

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just went to pick up my wife from work. She works in the legal office of the county children and youth services dept, so she's kind of handy with information about resources pertaining to what you're dealing with. Of course, you may already be aware of some of these things.

Hotlines — Peace Over Violence

Sexual Assault | YWCA Greater Los Angeles

Victim Services | Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office

http://da.co.la.ca.us/get_pdf.php?f=Sexual-Assault-082019.pdf

How are you holding up?

Upvote 0

Sheeniebeanie

Aug 21, 2019
Hell, Michigan
✟8,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Just went to pick up my wife from work. She works in the legal office of the county children and youth services dept, so she's kind of handy with information about resources pertaining to what you're dealing with. Of course, you may already be aware of some of these things.

Hotlines — Peace Over Violence

Sexual Assault | YWCA Greater Los Angeles

Victim Services | Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office

http://da.co.la.ca.us/get_pdf.php?f=Sexual-Assault-082019.pdf

How are you holding up?

Im not well. I can’t sleep. I can’t eat. I couldn’t go to work again I couldn’t make it past the shower. I’m not going to be able to make my rent. Unless there’s a miracle I think I’m done. The pressure is so
Much and doing this alone it’s too much

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dear Lady, this forum is not suited to give you the help you need. Have you reached out to any of the resources available to you locally? Icancontact them in your behalf, but I'm not sure how effective that will be or if you would want that. You're not done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sheeniebeanie

Aug 21, 2019
Hell, Michigan
✟8,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Dear Lady, this forum is not suited to give you the help you need. Have you reached out to any of the resources available to you locally? Icancontact them in your behalf, but I'm not sure how effective that will be or if you would want that. You're not done.

Ok; if it is not suited for me I don’t need to be here. Thank you for your prayers and your book. Take care.

Upvote 0

Sheeniebeanie

Aug 21, 2019
Hell, Michigan
✟8,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Ok; if it is not suited for me I don’t need to be here. Thank you for your prayers and your book. Take care.

I emailed that lady not to contact you about the counseling. I know you offered the gesture was nice but it’s ok I’ll deal with it on my own when I can

Upvote 0

Sheeniebeanie

Aug 21, 2019
Hell, Michigan
✟8,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You're welcome here, anytime.
Actually, your comment made me feel extremely unwelcomed and ashamed. I came here to speak openly with other people who walk in Christ and you just told me this place isn’t suited for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What I said exactly was:
this forum is not suited to give you the help you need.
If you wish to think of me as being unkind for telling you the truth about something completely unrelated to your dignity and value as a person, I'll be happy to try to make it up to you, if I can. I'm only human, male, and thousands of miles from where you are. My ability to help is limited. You haven't wished to say whether you have tried to use any of the resources that might be available to you locally, so I really am at a loss, here.

Upvote 0

Sheeniebeanie

Aug 21, 2019
Hell, Michigan
✟8,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What I said exactly was:

If you wish to think of me as being unkind for telling you the truth about something completely unrelated to your dignity and value as a person, I'll be happy to try to make it up to you, if I can. I'm only human, male, and thousands of miles from where you are. My ability to help is limited. You haven't wished to say whether you have tried to use any of the resources that might be available to you locally, so I really am at a loss, here.
I did in the beginning. There are waiting lists and a 30 day application process.

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are credited with 17 posts, all of which are on this thread. So I assume you haven't visited the Chaplain forum. It doesn't appear to be very active, but I went ahead and started a new thread there, anyway, linked to this one. Here is the link:

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/is-this-area-monitored.8127055/

You still haven't indicated whether you've tried to use any of the resources my wife found for me to share with you. Are you avoiding this question or have I not been specific enough about it?

Upvote 0