Visit site
✟17,384.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know someone who claims to be a Christian, but he is just plain weird. He doesn't seem to actually accept Jesus as his lord and savior. He said Jesus is the Son of God but he doesn't think that Jesus is God. But the strange part is that he thinks his death taught men to die for their own sins

The next thing is, he strongly believes in a pokemon dimension and claims he has evidence to prove it. From what I remember he tried to prove it by saying that he has strange and unique fingerprints that the background check at his job had trouble scanning. Then he also said that his mom has no birth certificate here in this world which he also tried to use as proof. He also claimed that someone goes missing every time there is a big storm or something as if they went to another dimension. The last thing is, he said that he can read aura, like the Pokemon Lucario. But Aura isn't just a pokemon thing. I did research on Aura, and it's a practice here in this world too, and seems like a form of witchcraft that's against Christianity. I don't know if this is valid evidence. I know this sounds crazy, but can this "proof" be debunked? I feel as though it can. And I want to know what you guys think I should do about him.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I know someone who claims to be a Christian, but he is just plain weird. He doesn't seem to actually accept Jesus as his lord and savior. He said Jesus is the Son of God but he doesn't think that Jesus is God. But the strange part is that he thinks his death taught men to die for their own sins.

Taught men to die to their own sins, with his (J.C.'s) help

The next thing is, he strongly believes in a pokemon dimension and claims he has evidence to prove it. From what I remember he tried to prove it by saying that he has strange and unique fingerprints that the background check at his job had trouble scanning. Then he also said that his mom has no birth certificate here in this world which he also tried to use as proof. He also claimed that someone goes missing every time there is a big storm or something as if they went to another dimension. The last thing is, he said that he can read aura, like the Pokemon Lucario. But Aura isn't just a pokemon thing. I did research on Aura, and it's a practice here in this world too, and seems like a form of witchcraft that's against Christianity. I don't know if this is valid evidence. I know this sounds crazy, but can this "proof" be debunked? I feel as though it can. And I want to know what you guys think I should do about him.

It sounds like he's starting to go off the deep end of the spiritual pool, I've seen it happen so many, many times, and it is something I have personally gone through in my own life, start getting paranoid and anxious and in my case, fear that I was being watched by the FBI and I had all sorts of conspiracy theories, thankfully Jesus got me off the religious or spiritual nut-job merry-go-round, I to was trying to discern (and still am) the sort of personal experiencial proof that God,the supernatural, another realm or dimension, on top of this one that I do believe I have proof of...?

If his word "Aura" can be exchanged for "Pneuma" or "Spirit" he could be talking about something real to/for him, But I think your friends dangerously close to going of the deep end, try and guide him back, if you can, ask him if his word "aura" is anything similar to the Spirit(s) talked about in the Bible, and try to guide him back to searching what he thinks he has evidence for by searching the Bible for his answers, instead of pokemon world...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

DiscipleEthan

Sep 23, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Visit site
✟17,384.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Taught men to die to their own sins, with his (J.C.'s) help

It sounds like he's starting to go off the deep end of the spiritual pool, I've seen it happen so many, many times, and it is something I have personally gone through in my own life, start getting paranoid and anxious and in my case, fear that I was being watched by the FBI and I had all sorts of conspiracy theories, thankfully Jesus got me off the religious or spiritual nut-job merry-go-round, I to was trying to discern (and still am) the sort of personal experiencial proof that God,the supernatural, another realm or dimension, on top of this one that I do believe I have proof of...?

If his word "Aura" can be exchanged for "Pneuma" or "Spirit" he could be talking about something real to/for him, But I think your friends dangerously close to going of the deep end, try and guide him back, if you can, ask him if his word "aura" is anything similar to the Spirit(s) talked about in the Bible, and try to guide him back to searching what he thinks he has evidence for by searching the Bible for his answers, instead of pokemon world...

God Bless!

I think Aura could possibly be exchanged for spirit. He said he can read the auras of people, as though reading their souls. But I feel like he is playing God because only God knows our hearts and souls. Am I right?

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I think Aura could possibly be exchanged for spirit. He said he can read the auras of people, as though reading their souls. But I feel like he is playing God because only God knows our hearts and souls. Am I right?

Yep.

Beginning to think we can discern anything at all about or have interaction with Spirit's, (except for God, God's Holy Spirit) especially individuals personal spirits, is the beginning of the use of spiritistic mediums that the Bible warns against, yet is so prevalent in other religions, and they get to feel like their something special while there all just being deceived...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

DiscipleEthan

Sep 23, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Visit site
✟17,384.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yep.

Beginning to think we can discern anything at all about or have interaction with Spirit's, (except for God, God's Holy Spirit) especially individuals personal spirits, is the beginning of the use of spiritistic mediums that the Bible warns against, yet is so prevalent in other religions, and they get to feel like their something special while there all just being deceived...

God Bless!

Yeah I have to agree. And I think he may have claimed it's a gift from God but I don't think God would give that kind of power to anyone

Upvote 0

joshuanazar

Servant
Mar 29, 2015
In Christ
✟8,815.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am afraid that this is a tough situation. I study psychology and counseling a lot and from the way you describe it, he is not saved. Believing that Jesus is God and that he died for our sins is fundamental for seeing his grace and love. As for the other stuff, it seems that with his displeasure with his life has made him imagine another world, one where things could be easier for him. The devil loves it when we try to escape from this realty through our own methods. He gives them strength in our minds and sometimes we believe the lie we have created. I do not know whether he believes this other world for sure or if he is just seeking attention. But, you cannot disprove this world of his because he hasn't built this world on proof and any attempt to disprove it only gives it more credit in his mind. What I suggest you do, is try to show him the real Jesus. That way if he ever does see the truth about Jesus, it will begin to fix his other issues in his life.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I know someone who claims to be a Christian, but he is just plain weird. He doesn't seem to actually accept Jesus as his lord and savior. He said Jesus is the Son of God but he doesn't think that Jesus is God. But the strange part is that he thinks his death taught men to die for their own sins

What led him to believe in this pokemon dimension, perhaps we could start with that? What's his supposed evidence of this other dimension? How'd this whole thing get started and which parts, or at which point, did he embellish "fill in the blanks" of the missing pieces of the missing pieces of the puzzle as it were with his own thoughts...

I'm trying to figure out if there was actually "something" supernatural that happened to him, but that he filled in all the answers to this mysterious something with embellishments from his own persona...

I have proof of a "something" over there/out there/beside here, but that's all I can tell you is that it was a supernatural "something" a presence, actually several presences, though voices connected to strange dreams, connected to visual halucinations, connected to series of strange coincidences in my world and environment around me that were just too coincidental to be mere coincidence all connected, all interwoven, for example, I'd dream about a situation then have it happen the next day.

But, I don't try to make-up what it was, or fill in the blanks with my own persona. All's I can say is that it was several, at first, somethings coming from another realm which I believe to be the other side, I just say that it was a spiritual "something" and not nothing, without this personal experencial evidence, I don't think my faith would be as strong as it is...

What happened to this person?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

DiscipleEthan

Sep 23, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Visit site
✟17,384.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What led him to believe in this pokemon dimension, perhaps we could start with that? What's his supposed evidence of this other dimension? How'd this whole thing get started and which parts, or at which point, did he embellish "fill in the blanks" of the missing pieces of the missing pieces of the puzzle as it were with his own thoughts...

I'm trying to figure out if there was actually "something" supernatural that happened to him, but that he filled in all the answers to this mysterious something with embellishments from his own persona...

I have proof of a "something" over there/out there/beside here, but that's all I can tell you is that it was a supernatural "something" a presence, actually several presences, though voices connected to strange dreams, connected to visual halucinations, connected to series of strange coincidences in my world and environment around me that were just too coincidental to be mere coincidence all connected, all interwoven, for example, I'd dream about a situation then have it happen the next day.

But, I don't try to make-up what it was, or fill in the blanks with my own persona. All's I can say is that it was several, at first, somethings coming from another realm which I believe to be the other side, I just say that it was a spiritual "something" and not nothing, without this personal experencial evidence, I don't think my faith would be as strong as it is...

What happened to this person?

God Bless!

Well as for evidence he tried to prove it by saying that he has strange and unique fingerprints that the background check at his job had trouble scanning. Then he also said that his mom has no birth certificate here in this world which he also tried to use as proof. He also claimed that someone goes missing every time there is a big storm or something as if they went to another dimension like I said before. And also using aura as "proof". But nothing beyond that. I'm not sure what happened to this person. Maybe it had to do with his family. But I'm not sure. What I forgot to mention is that his family seems to believe him

Upvote 0

DiscipleEthan

Sep 23, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Visit site
✟17,384.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well as for evidence he tried to prove it by saying that he has strange and unique fingerprints that the background check at his job had trouble scanning. Then he also said that his mom has no birth certificate here in this world which he also tried to use as proof. He also claimed that someone goes missing every time there is a big storm or something as if they went to another dimension like I said before. And also using aura as "proof". But nothing beyond that. I'm not sure what happened to this person. Maybe it had to do with his family. But I'm not sure. What I forgot to mention is that his family seems to believe him

I just found out that his grandmother treated his mom terribly and that his grandma wants him dead. and his dad has been dead for 8 years now

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This sounds a lot like an Apostate.

I don't want to judge the person in the OP, but an Apostate is characterized by someone who associates with Christianity, one who has tasted of the cup (that is, they've been around churches, believers, etc) but never made a full-on commitment to the LORD or Jesus.

After awhile, they'll fall away from the faith and will make up their own doctrine and try to spread it around, and such doctrine almost always involves removing Jesus from the picture in some form of heresy.

Any doctrine that claims to be Christian but does not teach that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior and is part of the Trinity, and that Jesus Christ is the only way one can come to the Father and be Saved is apostasy, plain and simple.

EDIT: As to what to do about him, you can try teaching him the biblical truth about Jesus, and if he won't hear of it, then simply walk away and let him be, but make sure you talk to those who he's tried to teach, and make sure they haven't been led astray by his apostasy.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
God has placed similar people in my path.

There have been some I have walked away from, and one that I wanted to walk away from but The Holy Spirit is not finished yet.

I have known this man for 2 years and much has been revealed by talking to him.

The pseudo religion is a alternative for a man who has been abused in religious institutions.
raised with Narcissists for parents and never being good enough.
beaten in Catholic school and I suspect other abuse as well.

So his false religion suites him,it is Urancia I think.

We meet to play tennis once a week and I give him verses to ponder from God's Word.

Be careful some of these folks can be dangerous and paranoid,you do not want them to think you are trying to control them.

It is a slow process and God will guide you in their gaining salvation or you saying goodby.

Its worth it I have had 2 die shortly after confessing Christ as their savior,they were both in poor health it was their last call.
It was a very hard thing to happen for me but I know God purposed me with them
for a season.

Upvote 0