-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The flood was shadow of baptism. When God washed away the sins of the world. It began to rain 1600 years after creation and after Adam and Eve were cast out of Eden, which represents righteousness. The Tree of knowledge is the Law and Adam and Eve eating it's fruit is placing themselves under the Law as the Israelites did after leaving Egypt. Jesus was baptized about 25-30AD. 1600 years before that time would be 1575-1570 BC.
Interesting meditation. The expulsion of the Hyksos is thought to have taken place between 1530 and 1570 BC. Now I understand why you prefer the upper end of that range.

But according to Ussher's calculation, the Flood took place 1659 years after Creation, a little off the 1600-year mark :).

Upvote 0

EclipseEventSigns

Jun 17, 2022
Western Canada
✟33,064.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is the web site:

The Judges By Their Tribes | IBible Maps

It was the first good map that came up from a Google search of "Tribes of the judges".
Take #13 for example - Samson. Yes, his family was from the tribe of Dan. But Sampson married a Philistine. He fought against the Philistines. He interacted with the Judeans. Totally opposite end of Israel. I don't know what this map is trying to prove but it doesn't give an accurate overview.

Upvote 0

EclipseEventSigns

Jun 17, 2022
Western Canada
✟33,064.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is part of my World Chronology spreadsheet. I have not released this publicly before. This is from the time in Egypt, through the Exodus and the time of Judges until the start of David's reign. It shows the parallel structure of the reigns of the judges.

(update: I took it down again since absolutely no one is interested in it and commenting)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WhoIsLikeGod?

May 29, 2018
North Central Mass
✟46,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This date is based on 1Ki 6:1, ignoring biblical statements that Israelites lived in Egypt for 430 years and the Judges ruled for 450 years. Archeology debunks this date. Moreover, Egypt ruled Canaan from 1457 to 1207 BC (approximately dates). So, any Exodus between these dates would be like going from Egypt to Egypt. It is pointless.

The Amarna Letters span a period c. 1360–1332 BC. They suggest the Exodus before these dates but not necessarily in 1446 BC.

Close enough. I think it took place with the expulsion of the Hyksos around 1540 BC (+50). Perhaps you can adjust your calculations.

Ussher dates the Exodus in 1490 BC., close enough to the expulsion of the Hyksos (-50).

There is biblical and archeological evidence to support this date. The foremost scholar F.W. Albright is one of those who suggested this date.
I agree; I think the Hyksos were the Israelites. Here's a link to my Biblical Timeline. The IMG is just a thumbnail. You'll need to log into Google Drive to see at full res. You're either using Biblical dates or you're not.

The Biblical Timeline (4).png

Upvote 0

WhoIsLikeGod?

May 29, 2018
North Central Mass
✟46,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
My belief of the time is close to yours but mine is closer to 1575-70. The pharaoh's names ended with Moses during this period with Ahmoses meaning "brother of Moses", according to the Jewish Virtual Library.
I never associated Ahmose and Kamose with Moses and Aaron before! Thank you!

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I never associated Ahmose and Kamose with Moses and Aaron before!
Several Egyptian kings have the word "Moses" in their names. In ancient Egyptian, this word means "son" or "child." Ahmoses means "Son of Yah" or "Born of Yah." Yah was the god of the moon. Thutmoses means "Son of Thuth" or "Born of Thuth." Thuth was another Egyptian god.

Ahmoses was born in Thebes in southern Egypt, and the Biblical Moses was born in Goshen in northern Egypt. There is a movie that presents them as brothers. But it is extremely unlikely that they were brought up together.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Interesting meditation. The expulsion of the Hyksos is thought to have taken place between 1530 and 1570 BC. Now I understand why you prefer the upper end of that range.

But according to Ussher's calculation, the Flood took place 1659 years after Creation, a little off the 1600-year mark :).
I'm not sure where I saw the 1600 but I added up the dates and it's 1656. That would push the date to circa 1625. That doesn't change my mind about that being the time for Israelites leaving Egypt.

Upvote 0