scuba_mikey_pc_2008

Jul 28, 2008
England
✟16,127.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some people are "Christian" without ever really realizing it.
How?

To be a Christian, you have to actively accept God for who He claims to be through the Bible, accept you are a sinner and ask Him inot your life, how could you do that without realising it?

Upvote 0

Mankin

A Strange Mixture of Random Components.
Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
In the Norse Lands
✟54,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
When you date someone who has a radically different world view than you, tension is bound to arise in some way, shape, or form.

Not to mention the fact that God calls us to put Him above all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SonOfTheWest

Britpack
Sep 26, 2010
United Kingdom
✟9,861.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
People make standards for who they want to see, and there is nothing wrong with that. So I see this as simply another type of adding a standard. And speaking as someone who knows non Christians that have a standard of not dating Christians. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Upvote 0

crazylikeafox

Nov 3, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN USA
Visit site
✟7,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear a lot of people talking about this in terms of right-and-wrong, like DON'T date bc you could be "dragged down". Or only date if you are firm. Standards, conditions, ect. that make it ok or wrong. But let's take a look at a different perspective.

When reading that verse, it does seem pretty obvious what the author's view on the matter was. God doesn't want us being hooked on a non-believer in the way a romantic relationship tends to hook you. But WHY? because you are so weak boned that you will suddenly abandon your Savior and start living a hedonistic sinful lifestyle? Maybe, but maybe not.

As someone who dated and then married a non-Christian, I personally believe God doesn't desire us to be yolked together with non-believers because He loves us and wants to protect us from the hurt & pain that comes from a genuine believer having to live day-in-day-out with an opposing force. And it is incredibly painful. It is so heavy to know that the one person I am closest to in the world cannot share the spiritual life I love so much, and knowing that he (as of now) will not be with the Lord in eternity is simply heartbreaking. I made the mistake and I wish I would have looked to the Word of God instead of the desires of my heart.

Hope this helped.

Upvote 0