Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I think this raises an interesting question. Why would God not allow this individual to take their own life? After all, the injuries they sustained were rather life threatening.

Perhaps he's under a curse and is meant to live out his days in prolonged misery.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think this raises an interesting question. Why would God not allow this individual to take their own life?

Why would your deity step in on this one event while thousands of others met horrific ends at that exact moment?

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So this guy had a gun and failed at suicide? Why not just shoot yourself in the head.

I think this raises an interesting question. Why would God not allow this individual to take their own life? After all, the injuries they sustained were rather life threatening.

It isn't about God allowing anything. He survived because he was hit in a way that meant he wouldn't die. It is just physics and biology. As soon as you put God in control of peoples deaths God becomes a monster because of all the horrific deaths to good people.

Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So this guy had a gun and failed at suicide? Why not just shoot yourself in the head.
The whole shot himself in the face bit kinda made me think he mighta shot himself in the face, that being part of the head and all. .. .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

athenken

Barbary pirates? Or are they?
Nov 30, 2011
West Texas
✟27,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It isn't about God allowing anything. He survived because he was hit in a way that meant he wouldn't die. It is just physics and biology. As soon as you put God in control of peoples deaths God becomes a monster because of all the horrific deaths to good people.

Who knows what God's will is, but are you denying that it is possible that He could intervene if He chose to, if it were consistent with His nature?

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Blayz

Aug 1, 2007
Singapore
✟4,827.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What does that have to do with Darwin?

Or are you suggesting a winner for the Darwin Awards?

Even that doesn't fit. The award goes to people that remove themselves from the gene pool, not those that try but fail.

Perhaps the OP is suggesting that this guy is clearly not fit, but still survives?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

athenken

Barbary pirates? Or are they?
Nov 30, 2011
West Texas
✟27,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What does that have to do with Darwin?

Or are you suggesting a winner for the Darwin Awards?

I am suggesting someone who could have won a Darwin Award yet missed. Basically this guy failed at failing.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I am suggesting someone who could have won a Darwin Award yet missed. Basically this guy failed at failing.

I couldn't pull it up, because my computer has something on it totally not related to torrents and blocking possible sites it thinks are unwise to be on, for such purposes...

So, he failed at passing to be a contender in failing. Ouch.

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The whole shot himself in the face bit kinda made me think he mighta shot himself in the face, that being part of the head and all. .. .

I thought it meant he shot himself sort of across the face and the bullet didn't get to the main part of the head (the brain).

Who knows what God's will is, but are you denying that it is possible that He could intervene if He chose to, if it were consistent with His nature?

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but there is no need to pretend he had anything to do with it when there is no reason to. :)

Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Yeah, that is what makes tragedy funny. ... slapstick on an epic level.

I thought it meant he shot himself sort of across the face and the bullet didn't get to the main part of the head (the brain).
Most of the time, suicidal people have fairly good aim. They don't chose a firearm because they want to take second shot. They don't choose firearms because because the gun told them too (like Sarah Brady would have you believe) but rather because they want to use an efficient machine to accomplish something.

Upvote 0