Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think a better way to put it is the hierarchy of evil will be...
Satan, the beast, the false prophet.

The beast and the false prophet both get power from Satan to do different things.

At Jesus's return to stand on the Mt of Oiives directly across from the temple mount, where the beast and the false prophet will be, as well as the abomination of desolation statue image incarnated by Satan - the statue image will be turned to ashes and Satan will be exposed in his form for all to see him. I get that from Ezekiel 28:16-19.

Upvote 0

Chris Thomas Shepherd

Jul 24, 2022
Pacific Northwest
✟19,274.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand your argument, however, the US is definitely north and west of Israel. Additionally, the passage says the little horn waxed toward the south AND the east AND toward the pleasant land.
I do agree with the military alliance aspect of your discussion. I believe that the Antichrist will form an alliance with the future EU defense pact, military alliance led by 10 generals from the most prominent EU countries.

Upvote 0

Chris Thomas Shepherd

Jul 24, 2022
Pacific Northwest
✟19,274.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I also think it is important to consider:

5While I was observing, behold, a male goat was coming from the west over the surface of the entire earth without touching the ground;

The Goat (US military- who consider themselves the greatest of all time) flies across the ocean to engage their enemies.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In Daniel 9:26, the person is from the people who destroyed the city and sanctuary - the Romans. That would eliminate the person coming out of the western hemisphere.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Upvote 0

Chris Thomas Shepherd

Jul 24, 2022
Pacific Northwest
✟19,274.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The people of the prince to come (the Antichrist) are Americans who involved in the destruction of Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The second beast has the mouth of a lamb speaking like a lion/dragon. Where's the difference?
It says the first beast has a mouth like a lion. Not that the first beast speaks like a lion.

The second beast speaks like a dragon, not like a lion.

By the way:
Abraham wasn't a Jew... he had a great-grandson named Judah.
In Exodus 3:

6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

That's what the does not regard the God of his fathers in Daniel 11:37 is referring to. The person will be a Jew.

37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The people of the prince to come are the 10-horns that will destroy the harlot.
Do you believe in coincidence?
No it is not a coincidence. The harlot is the Vatican, which despite all of it faults says that Jesus is God, which will run against the beast's claim of being God.

The Vatican has held strong influence over the European kings for a long long time, and during the time of the beast, there will be resentment by the European kings for having to accommodate the Vatican.

Upvote 0

Chris Thomas Shepherd

Jul 24, 2022
Pacific Northwest
✟19,274.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree that the harlots is the Vatican. I also believe that the False Prophet will become pope while declaring the Antichrist and the Messiah returned.

Upvote 0

Chris Thomas Shepherd

Jul 24, 2022
Pacific Northwest
✟19,274.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Papal States, the first official home of the Holy See, were presented to the papacy in 756 AD by Pepin the Short, the father of Charlesmange.
After Pepin's death, the Catholic Church crowned Charlesmagne emperor of the Holy Roman Empire on December 25th 800AD, thereby usurping Jesus on his earthly birthday. This blasphemous act was an abomination.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chris Thomas Shepherd

Jul 24, 2022
Pacific Northwest
✟19,274.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree that Jesus was not born on December 25th, in fact I believe that he was born on December 4th, 7 BC on the third conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter that year.
However, Christians across the world
celebrate Jesus' birthday on December 25th, and the papacy should have known better than to crown an emperor on that day. It was blasphemous.

Upvote 0

earthmover

My Friend
May 6, 2022
Southeast
✟13,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

it is more likely that it was in the fall (Sept,Oct,Nov)that Jesus was born......

earthmover

Upvote 0

earthmover

My Friend
May 6, 2022
Southeast
✟13,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The commandment to restore and build Jerusalem was given by Artaxerxes Longimanus on March 14, 445 B.C. You need to re-calculate from that point forward.

This information can be read in the"Coming Prince" bySir Robert Anderson.

earthmover

Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The commandment to restore and build Jerusalem was given by Artaxerxes Longimanus on March 14, 445 B.C. You need to re-calculate from that point forward.

This information can be read in the"Coming Prince" bySir Robert Anderson.

earthmover
Yes I’ve got a copy of the ‘Coming Prince,’ and also Hoehner’s adjustment to Anderson. There are serious problems with the theory, not the least of which is a mythical 360-day year. Also a reading of Nehemiah does not give the day of the month. Anderson claimed it was on the first day of the month without any proof whatsoever.

Upvote 0

Chris Thomas Shepherd

Jul 24, 2022
Pacific Northwest
✟19,274.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit guided me to the December 4th birthdate of Jesus. I completely understand your point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Deafsilence

Feb 22, 2022
Midwest
✟37,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In my current opinion Jesus was born around the time of the Feast of Dedication. This occurs during the 25th of Kislev (9th month). But the year that Jesus was born it fell in the Roman 10th month associated with December. I believe that woman caring a child for approx 40 weeks (9 months) was foreshadowing that Jesus would be born in the 9th month (lunar month per Jewish calendar at the time). I believe the "Church" did this with the crucifixion also. I do not believe that Jesus was crucified on a Friday but was crucified on the 6th day of the Lunar week and because Friday is the 6th day of the Roman week, that they established on a Friday. He was also crucified on the first moon in which the Full moon or 14th of the month crossed the Spring Equinox. The Early "Church" attempted to try to honor that period while aligning it with a Roman calendar. This is all my opinion but I could see how they departed in some earlier writings and see interesting correlations.

Reactions: Ligurian
Upvote 0

Deafsilence

Feb 22, 2022
Midwest
✟37,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The command was given here:

Hag 1:1 In the second year of Darius the king, in the sixth month, in the first day of the month, came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet unto Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, saying,

Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That occasion was the 1st of Elul 520 BC. Count 69 weeks (483 years) from Darius and what do we get? 37 BC! Nope, that can't be right.

Have another look at the diagram on the opening post. Precisely 483 years from Artaxerxes decree (457 BC) until the revealing of Messiah. (27 AD)

And yep, it all adds up on our good ol' 365.24 day calendar.

Reactions: Spiritual Jew
Upvote 0

Deafsilence

Feb 22, 2022
Midwest
✟37,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Fall of 460 BC was the declaration of the 70th Jubilee cycle. Therefore, the 70 Weeks prophecy is a 10 Jubilee prophecy. This means that the 70th Jubilee was from the 7th month to the 7th month of 459 BC. This year is also the 1st year in the next cycle. It would be likely that they would have returned in this year to do the rebuilding. This would take us with 10 Jubilees to 31 AD being the declaration of the 80th Jubilee cycle in the 7th month of that year which falls right in light with Jesus giving the Disciples a full example of the Festival years by Giving them a Passover in the Spring (still the 7th year) and then Pentecost and then with the Jubilee in the fall (80th/1st).

Upvote 0

Chris Thomas Shepherd

Jul 24, 2022
Pacific Northwest
✟19,274.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, you are right, Daniel did seal up the book until the time of the end, however, I make the assertion that the time of the end is upon us, and the book that Daniel sealed up has now been unsealed. I have been provided with the ability to translate biblical prophecy. The Holy Spirit has guided me throughout the process. I realize that people will doubt this, in fact, I would doubt what I am saying if the shoe was on the other foot. The Antichrist is real and walks among men today. He is only a teenager now, but he will come to power.

Upvote 0