A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is only 1 Gospel, the Gospel of Christ. You cannot splinter it.

Galatians 1: 7Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Salvation, Kingdom, they are all the Gospel of Christ. The covenant that is enforced in Daniel is the Levitical Covenant. It is enforced by the Roman Empire.

• Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Leviticus 26
3 If you follow my statutes and keep my commandments and observe them faithfully......11 I will place my dwelling in your midst, and I shall not abhor you. 12 And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and you shall be my people.

14 But if you will not obey me, and do not observe all these commandments, 15 if you spurn my statutes, and abhor my ordinances, so that you will not observe all my commandments, and you break my covenant, 16 I in turn will do this to you: I will bring terror on you;
27 But if, despite this, you disobey me, and continue hostile to me, 28 I will continue hostile to you in fury; I in turn will punish you myself sevenfold for your sins. 29 You shall eat the flesh of your sons, and you shall eat the flesh of your daughters. 30 I will destroy your high places and cut down your incense altars; I will heap your carcasses on the carcasses of your idols. I will abhor you. 31 I will lay your cities waste, will make your sanctuaries desolate, and I will not smell your pleasing odors. 32 I will devastate the land, so that your enemies who come to settle in it shall be appalled at it. 33 And you I will scatter among the nations, and I will unsheathe the sword against you; your land shall be a desolation, and your cities a waste.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"A71 9064 said:
There is only 1 Gospel, the Gospel of Christ. You cannot splinter it.

Galatians 1: 7Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Salvation, Kingdom, they are all the Gospel of Christ. The covenant that is enforced in Daniel is the Levitical Covenant. It is enforced by the Roman Empire.

The Gospel is Death, Burial, Resurrection, Salvation Through The Finished Work On Calvary.

If You want to sit on God's throne and Judge, ya gotta look under the doctrine section.

Daniel 9:24 is seventy literal weeks, I don't buy your bill of goods in the false day/year teaching, now I'm accursed? "Smiles"

Jesus Christ Is My Lord, I'm Sealed By The Holy Spirit Of Promise, My Name Is Written In The Lambs Book Of Life.

Truth7t7

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus returns, and the Kingdom of God becomes the controlling Kingdom here on earth -will there be unsaved persons on earth during the 1000 years?

No.

Based on 2 Thessalonians chapter 1, He returns in "flaming fire" taking vengeance on those who do not know God.

Peter was looking for the New Heavens and the New Earth on the Day of the Lord, when He returns as a thief, in 2 Peter 3:10-13.

No mortal flesh will survive the baptism by fire at His return. (See Luke 3:16)

There will be no 1,000 year time after His return when the one who defeated sin and death at Calvary will be performing funeral services for long-lived mortals.

There will be no temple made of earthly stone, with animal sacrifices.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
D

Daniel 9:24 states seventy weeks, verses 25-27 explains these weeks, do you believe everlasting righteousness is brought in when the antichrist is revealed, where verse 27 ends?

No!

Douggg I believe to "anoint the most Holy" at the end of Daniel 9:24 is reflecting the beginning of the 42 month tribulation, as the Holy "two witnesses" will be anointed, starting their testimony. The two anointed Holy ones are seen in Zechariah 4:14

You both are wrong. Daniel 9 has NOTHING to do with Two Witnesses. It is about how God planned to remove our sins!

Dan 9:24
[24] Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

That's how far sins have been removed from us by the work of Christ. Israel will has no sin because they are put away by the reconciliation that Christ has made at the cross. So that is the prophecy that in these 70 weeks of daniel 9, sin would be brought to an end.

Why can't you at least try to compare Verse 24 with the rest of the Scripture to find out?! Observe!

Hebrews 9:26
  • "...but now once in the end of the world hath He appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.
2nd Corinthians 5:18
  • "And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation.
  • To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation."
This is what Daniel means by making an end of sins and that reconciliation is made for iniquity. This verse 24 of Daniel chapter 9 is clearly speaking of the Messiah's atonement for the sins of Israel, by the work of the cross.

So what people did Christ actually redeemed? Daniel's people only? According to Scripture...

Luke 1:68-70
  • "Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
  • And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
  • As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:"
Who is Christ's people? Daniel's people? Yes! And it also includes us! We are Christ's people, we are Daniel's people too! Selah!

Right here, the prop where the prophecy is fulfillled as Daniel's people Israel has their Messiah come, that their sins would be closed up (or come to an end), and that reconciliation would be made. And that is exactly what Christ, who was Israel's Messiah, did.

Now, what about how the anoint the Most Holy exactly means? Do you know? Have you check with Scripture honestly to find out the answer? I have! If you have ears to hear, so listen...

Daniel 9:24 continues, at this time the Most Holy (HOLY of HOLIEST) would be anointed. The anointing of the hallowed Holy is the prophecy of the anointing of the Christ. Remember, Christ is the Sanctuary, He is the Holy of HOLIEST, the Holy Temple, and the veil separating the Holiest of Holy is His flesh, according to Scripture. Unfortunately, many theologians do not understand that the prophecy was of the Messiah, not a physical Holy room of a literal Temple building in the middle east. What you fail to understand is that God used the physical buildings as a shadow that prefigured the true! And with Christ's anointing, Israel can enter through His flesh into the Holy of HOLIEST.

Again, the Old Testament physical Temple buildings were types, looking forward to the real Holy Place, which was Christ Himself! In the old testament Temple, there was a veil that separated the room which was the Holy of HOLIEST. And it is no coincidence that that veil was rent (torn) from top to bottom the exact instant Christ died on the cross. Hello?

Matthew 27:50
  • "Jesus, when He had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And behold, the Veil of the Temple was rent in two from top to bottom.."
This is signifying that this temple in Jerusalem was no longer the "representation" of the Holy Place, was no longer holy, and thus no longer significant in future prophecy! Not even 70AD or future third temple! Because it was merely a [skia], a shadow picturing the better Temple. And with the coming of that Temple (Christ) that cast this shadow, this shadow passed away. And the veil that separates the Holy of HOLIEST (access to God) is now in Christ. It is no longer in a literal Temple in the middle east, nor can be. Israel now can come directly to God through, the veil which is in the body of Christ, through that Holy Temple. Don't look at me, and take my word for it...

Hebrews 10:19
  • "having therefore, brethren boldness to enter into the Holiest by the blood of Jesus. By a new and Living way, which He hath consecrated for us through The Veil, that is to say, His flesh."
When the Messiah was anointed, this was the anointing of the Holy of HOLIEST. When Jesus Christ was anointed, this prophecy of Daniel chapter 9 was fulfilled. Period! Nothing to do with the "anointing the two witnesses" that you made up! You must go to Scirpture for answer. Here are one of many proofs:

Acts 10:38
  • "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with Power.."
Acts 4:27
  • "For of a truth against thy HOLY Child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the People of Israel, were gathered together."
I highlight the people of Israel because we all know that "ALL" were against Christ. Everyone! The Gentiles, Pilate, Herod, and the Children of Israel were against the Messiah. Christ was all alone at the Cross. But some attempt to use revisionist History and say the people of Israel were not. God (Not I) says differently! The point here is mere that 'all' were against Christ. NONE stood with Him.

So then, we have seen in Daniel 9:24 that "all" these things were determined to happen to Israel. Not national Isarel, but Daniel's people whom Christ has anointed for! All of those in Christ Jesus! Therefore Daniel's 70 weeks were determined by God which is a plan for His People, Israel, that the transgression would be withheld or restrained, and that sin would be brought to an end or sealed up, that reconciliation for iniquity would be made to bring in everlasting righteousness, that there would be the sealing up of the vision and the prophet in Israel, and finally, that there would be the anointing of the Hallowed Holy. All this we read was determined to happen in these 70 weeks. And all of these has happened at the Cross when Christ died! And we have seen how all this relates to the Messiah's appearing and was fulfilled.

"But, but, but," you may protest, "what about the Two Witnesses? Antichrist? Little Horn? Beast? 42 months? 7 years? peace treaty?"

None of these! God did not mention these in 70th weeks nor instructed us to add any of these to verse 24, 25, 26, or 27 to make 7 years sounds exciting based on what you see on the news regardless of where you stand on the timing of the rapture. If you do not understand Christ's role and His relationship with people of Israel whom he confirmed a covenant with in the first place, you will NOT understand the signs of His return FOR His People in the time of the end, too!

Selah!

Wake up, if you have ears to hear!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dave you need to understand?
Sunday is a 24 hour period, a hour has 60 minutes, 7 days in a week, 3.5 days to the middle of a week, 24X60X7÷3.5=2880 minutes into the 70th week, what ya think?

It seems to me that would make it meaning 2 days into the 70th week. I don't see how 2 days into a literal 7 day period adds up to it being in the middle of this 7 day period. Of course though, none of that matters anyway, as far as I am concerned, since I don't share your thoughts on any of this to begin with.

I noticed that you reasoned that since Daniel fasted 3 full weeks, that this is to be taken literally, the same has to apply to the 70 weeks as well. Why though? Two entirely different contexts involved here. One is dealing with prophecy, the other isn't. It's unreasonable to think Daniel fasted 21 years. It is not unreasonable to think that the 70 weeks involve 490 years rather than 490 days. The latter is what is unreasonable.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟305,836.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 9:24-25 clearly states "seventy weeks" if it was intended to be different, it would be written "four hundred and ninety years"

I'm fully aware of the day/year teaching, it's error.

Daniel 10:2-3 Daniel mourned and fasted for "Three Full Weeks" 21 literal days.

This "seventy weeks" or 490 day period is future, and will start at Israel/Judaism's command to "Restore & Build" Jerusalem, that sees "Seven Weeks" 49 literal days of planning/preparation.

"Three Score and Two Weeks" or 434 literal days, will see the actual building take place, wall/street, in troubled time this will take place.

Armies will surround Jerusalem and will stop this building project, "Messiah Cut Off" as Israel/Judaism will be building for/unto their awaited upon, prophesied Messiah.

There will be a renewed sacrifice I believe, that the man of sin/Antichrist will stop. A covenant of peace will be made, and the sacrifice will stop, as the abomination takes place in the midst of this future final 70th week.

I believe this building project will be in relationship to a new temple, and the conflict will arise with the Muslim world protecting their mosque at the Dome of the rock, where Jews desire to build their temple currently.

I believe Micah 7 clearly shows this in a parallel teaching.

Verses 10-12 The world armies are gathered, Jerusalem trodden, the building is stopped.

Verses 14-16 The woman of Revelation 12:6 is fed in the wilderness manna from heaven during the tribulation, as in the Exodus from Egypt, as the world watches in astonishment.

I believe the future renewed animal sacrifice, in abomination to the shed blood of Jesus Christ is seen in Isaiah 66:3-4

That's what I believe scripture teaches of "Seventy Literal Weeks" as seen in Daniel 9:24-25

Keep an eye on Jerusalem, when the building starts, you know the world armies and "Man Of Sin/Antichrist" aren't far behind.

Jesus Christ Is Lord

Truth7t7

I guess it depends on one's knowledge of the Hebrew word for "weeks" in this case. Should the Hebrew word literally be translated as weeks meaning literal 7 days, or does it mean a period of 7? As in seventy 'sevens' as the NIV translates?

To help with this, let's look at what must be accomplished within this period of 490 days (as you say) or years (as most biblical scholars say)

Daniel 9:24
Seventy weeksc are decreed about your people (ISRAEL) and your holy city (JERUSALEM), 1.) to finish the transgression, 2.) to put an end to sin, 3.) and to atone for iniquity, 4.) to bring in everlasting righteousness, 5.) to seal both vision and prophet, 6.) and to anoint a most holy place.

1.) finish transgression
Hebrews 9:15 now that He has died to redeem them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.
2.) put an end to sin
Hebrews 9:26 But now He has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of Himself.
3.)atone for iniquity
Hebrews 2:17 So He had to be made like His brothers in every way, that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, in order to make atonement for the sins of the people
4.) bring in everlasting righteousness
1 Corinthians 1:30 It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God: our righteousness, holiness, and redemption
5.) seal up vision and prophet
Luke 24:44Jesus said to them, “These are the words I spoke to you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about Me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms.”
6.) anoint most holy place
Hebrews 9:12 He did not enter by the blood of goats and calves, but He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, thus securing eternal redemption.
Hebrews 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, Your God, has placed You above Your companions by anointing You with the oil of joy.”e

All these are fulfilled in Christ. All these were fulfilled in Christ.

Are you saying none of these above have been fulfilled yet?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This Guy Stopping The Sacrifice, And Making Desolation In Verse 27, Is Gonna Be There Until The "Consummation" Takes Place?

"He Shall Make It Desolate, Even Until The Consummation"?

What's That Mean?

When you understand this, verse 24 will be answered.

Daniel 9:24-27
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
I guess it depends on one's knowledge of the Hebrew word for "weeks" in this case. Should the Hebrew word literally be translated as weeks meaning literal 7 days, or does it mean a period of 7? As in seventy 'sevens' as the NIV translates?

To help with this, let's look at what must be accomplished within this period of 490 days (as you say) or years (as most biblical scholars say)

Daniel 9:24
Seventy weeksc are decreed about your people (ISRAEL) and your holy city (JERUSALEM), 1.) to finish the transgression, 2.) to put an end to sin, 3.) and to atone for iniquity, 4.) to bring in everlasting righteousness, 5.) to seal both vision and prophet, 6.) and to anoint a most holy place.

1.) finish transgression
Hebrews 9:15 now that He has died to redeem them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.
2.) put an end to sin
Hebrews 9:26 But now He has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of Himself.
3.)atone for iniquity
Hebrews 2:17 So He had to be made like His brothers in every way, that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, in order to make atonement for the sins of the people
4.) bring in everlasting righteousness
1 Corinthians 1:30 It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God: our righteousness, holiness, and redemption
5.) seal up vision and prophet
Luke 24:44Jesus said to them, “These are the words I spoke to you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about Me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms.”
6.) anoint most holy place
Hebrews 9:12 He did not enter by the blood of goats and calves, but He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, thus securing eternal redemption.
Hebrews 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, Your God, has placed You above Your companions by anointing You with the oil of joy.”e

All these are fulfilled in Christ. All these were fulfilled in Christ.

Are you saying none of these above have been fulfilled yet?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This Guy Stopping The Sacrifice, And Making Desolation In Verse 27, Is Gonna Be There Until The "Consummation" Takes Place?

What's That Mean?

Daniel 9:24-27
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
The YLT translation renders it the most transparently:

Daniel 9
27 And he hath strengthened a covenant with many -- one week, and [in] the midst of the week he causeth sacrifice and present to cease, and by the wing of abominations he is making desolate, even till the consummation, and that which is determined is poured on the desolate one.

"He" refers to Messiah, with antecedents in the previous two verses.
"Wing" refers to the eagle, which was a symbolic standard of the Roman military. The word does not appear in the Hebrew, however.
"Abominations" refers to the pagan Gentile Roman armies which inflicted destruction and desolation.
"Consummation" means complete destruction. The verse does not say that Messiah was present, but it was the abominations, i.e. Roman armies, which were His instruments to inflict consummation and desolation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The YLT translation renders it the most transparently:

Daniel 9
27 And he hath strengthened a covenant with many -- one week, and [in] the midst of the week he causeth sacrifice and present to cease, and by the wing of abominations he is making desolate, even till the consummation, and that which is determined is poured on the desolate one.

"He" refers to Messiah, with antecedents in the previous two verses.
"Wing" refers to the eagle, which was a symbolic standard of the Roman military. The word does not appear in the Hebrew, however.
"Abominations" refers to the pagan Gentile Roman armies which inflicted destruction and desolation.
"Consummation" means complete destruction. The verse does not say that Messiah was present, but it was the abominations, i.e. Roman armies, which were His instruments to inflict consummation and desolation.

The consummation is the end of this world, as the future antichrist will be in Jerusalem to see God's fire from heaven in the final judgment Revelation 20:7-9, this being the "Consummation"

Jerusalem still stands today, your explanation is far from the term needed to fulfill Daniel 9:27

Perhaps you need to study the ECF'S to better understand the historical use of this word, I have done so as it represents "The End"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The consummation is the end of this world, as the future antichrist will be in Jerusalem to see God's fire from heaven in the final judgment Revelation 20:7-9, this being the "Consummation"

Jerusalem still stands today, your explanation is far from the term needed to fulfill Daniel 9:27

Perhaps you need to study the ECF'S to better understand the historical use of this word, I have done so as it represents "The End"
Where else in Scripture do we find the word "consummation"?

History records that Jerusalem was completely destroyed, which is what consummation means.

What ECFs denied that Daniel 9:27 referred to the destruction of Jerusalem?

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As ECF Hippolytus taught, Daniels's consummation was "The Whole World" The End!

Yes Hippo taught the antichrist would come in the last times, and consummation of the whole world.

Not the preterist teaching of 66-70AD fulfillment that you believe and teach, as Hippo wrote of this Antichrist of Daniel and consummation over 100+ years after your 66-70AD destruction of Jerusalem, by Roman soldiers.

Did Hippo see Antiochus, Nero, Titus, as the Antichrist of Daniel, not a chance!

Throw the towel in jgr, preterism don't got a peg leg to stand on.

It's got more holes than swiss cheese, honestly!

Hippolytus Of Rome 170-235AD, Treatise On Christ And Antichrist, Chapter 19.

19. These words then being thus presented, let us observe somewhat in detail what Daniel says in his visions. For in distinguishing the kingdoms that are to rise after these things, he showed also the coming of Antichrist in the last times, and the consummation of the whole world.
Where else in Scripture do we find the word "consummation"?

History records that Jerusalem was completely destroyed, which is what consummation means.

What ECFs denied that Daniel 9:27 referred to the destruction of Jerusalem?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes Hippo taught the antichrist would come in the last times, and consummation of the whole world.

Not the preterist teaching of 66-70AD fulfillment that you believe and teach, as Hippo wrote of this Antichrist of Daniel and consummation over 100+ years after your 66-70AD destruction of Jerusalem, by Roman soldiers.

Did Hippo see Antiochus, Nero, Titus, as the Antichrist of Daniel, not a chance!

Throw the towel in jgr, preterism don't got a peg leg to stand on.

19. These words then being thus presented, let us observe somewhat in detail what Daniel says in his visions. For in distinguishing the kingdoms that are to rise after these things, he showed also the coming of Antichrist in the last times, and the consummation of the whole world.

Daniel 9:24 is a summary of the 70 weeks prophecy.

The focus of Daniel 9 is the Messiah who would fulfill the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled during the first century by Christ in Hebrews 8:6-13.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Nobody can honestly deny that Christ fulfilled the New Covenant in His Blood, in perfect fulfillment of Daniel chapter 9.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You believe this event has been fulfilled, not so.

This "He" guy the Antichrist, is gonna hang out in Jerusamel until the "consummation" The End Of The World.

Just as ECF Hippolytus taught in post #113 above.

You suggest that Jesus Christ in his death fulfilled the verses below, not so.

The abomination and desolation seen are future, and the bad guy hangs around until the consummation, End Of This World at the second advent.

Did ECF Hippolytus 170-235AD see Antiochus, Nero, Or Titus as the fulfillment of Daniels Antichrist, Not A Chance, as he was only 100+ years after the Roman Destruction of Jerusalem, as he taught of a future Antichrist from his life,.

You have read Justin Martyr, And Iranaeus that I have posted several times, they also didn't see the preterist 66-70AD fulfillment of Daniels Antichrist, Abomination of Desolation, Great Tribulation.

Daniel 9:26-27
Daniel 9:24 is a summary of the 70 weeks prophecy.

The focus of Daniel 9 is the Messiah who would fulfill the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled during the first century by Christ in Hebrews 8:6-13.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Nobody can honestly deny that Christ fulfilled the New Covenant in His Blood, in perfect fulfillment of Daniel chapter 9.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟305,836.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Disagree, we can understand verse 24 quite easily from th the New Testament. As I have shown, with scripture references, the 6 points in verse 24 were fulfilled in Christ. Additionally, it helps that if we understand the 70 weeks or ‘sevens’ prophecy as years, 490 years leads right up to when Christ fulfilled these things.

So, if you don’t believe the 70 weeks propchecy has even started yet, then it appears you don’t believe any of the 6 points in verse 24 have been fulfilled by Christ yet? If so, this would be directly contradictory to scripture.

What is the consummation? It is the end of the age. Or more specifically the end of th old covenant. It’s also interesting to note that Christ appeared in flesh to remove sins at the consummation of the age according to the author of Hebrews.

But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel: “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh
Acts 2:16-17

Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come.
1 Corinthians 10:11

but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.
Hebrews 1:2

for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the consummation of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You believe this event has been fulfilled, not so.

Daniel was reading from the Book of Jeremiah when the angel Gabriel appeared.

The promise of the New Covenant is found in Jeremiah chapter 31.

Christ is the New Covenant Messiah. (See Matthew 26:28)

Daniel chapter 9 is the timeline of the New Covenant Messiah.

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: (from Jeremiah 31:31-34)
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Daniel Chapter 9: Dr. Kelly Varner

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your claim and Kelly Varners that Daniel 9:25-27 is the new covenant fulfilled is a joke, it speaks of Daniels future antichrist, that will cause desolation in a future Jerusalem, right up to the "consummation" End Of This World"

"He shall make it desolate, even until the consummation"

This "He" guy the Antichrist, is gonna hang out in Jerusamel until the "consummation" The End Of The World.

Just as ECF Hippolytus taught in post #113 above.

You suggest that Jesus Christ in his death fulfilled the verses below, not so.

The abomination and desolation seen are future, and the bad guy hangs around until the consummation, End Of This World at the second advent.

Did ECF Hippolytus 170-235AD see Antiochus, Nero, Or Titus as the fulfillment of Daniels Antichrist, Not A Chance, as he was only 100+ years after the Roman Destruction of Jerusalem, as he taught of a future Antichrist from his life,.

You have read Justin Martyr, And Iranaeus that I have posted several times, they also didn't see the preterist 66-70AD fulfillment of Daniels Antichrist, Abomination of Desolation, Great Tribulation.

Daniel 9:26-27
Daniel was reading from the Book of Jeremiah when the angel Gabriel appeared.

The promise of the New Covenant is found in Jeremiah chapter 31.

Christ is the New Covenant Messiah. (See Matthew 26:28)

Daniel chapter 9 is the timeline of the New Covenant Messiah.

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: (from Jeremiah 31:31-34)
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Daniel Chapter 9: Dr. Kelly Varner

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Preterism don't got a peg leg to stand on.

Disagree, we can understand verse 24 quite easily from th the New Testament. As I have shown, with scripture references, the 6 points in verse 24 were fulfilled in Christ. Additionally, it helps that if we understand the 70 weeks or ‘sevens’ prophecy as years, 490 years leads right up to when Christ fulfilled these things.

So, if you don’t believe the 70 weeks propchecy has even started yet, then it appears you don’t believe any of the 6 points in verse 24 have been fulfilled by Christ yet? If so, this would be directly contradictory to scripture.

What is the consummation? It is the end of the age. Or more specifically the end of th old covenant. It’s also interesting to note that Christ appeared in flesh to remove sins at the consummation of the age according to the author of Hebrews.

But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel: “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh
Acts 2:16-17

Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come.
1 Corinthians 10:11

but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.
Hebrews 1:2

for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the consummation of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟305,836.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hippolytus also taught the 70 weeks prophecy was 490 years.

If you agree with Hippolytus, then why don’t you agree with his timing of the 70 weeks prophecy.

Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.
1 John 2:18

Upvote 0